Typhoon Lagoon in October - Am I crazy?

trouttigger

Mouseketeer
I have gotten this great idea to take DS to Typhoon Lagoon during fall break for one day, October 26. Long drive, but with learner's permit burning a hole in his pocket, he will love the opportunity to drive much.

I'm just concerned that we will freeze to death.

I know BB will be closed, but he & I are in need of a little "up" moment.

Anyone done water parks in late October? Did you freeze? Yes, I know weather can vary greatly. Are pools heated?

No, you will not freeze to death! We have been to DW five times in November and have visited a water park each time. We LOVE BB and TL! I hope it works out that you'll be able to go and spend some quality time with your son!

For Oct.26 you're likely to get highs in the 80-85 degree range,it can get hotter near 90, or it could be cooler with highs in the 70-75 range if a cold front comes through.Unless you get a cold front expect highs at least in the low to mid 80's which is warm enough for a waterpark for most people,especially if you come from a cooler climate.October can still be plenty warm!!

Just depends. We were there over Halloween one time a few years ago and it was mid to upper 60's and overcast. Maybe a day of decision? Have fun?

We go in December / January and always do the water parks for a couple of hours and we are crazy enough to do it in the morning :yay:

Weather varies from year to year, but hopefully you will be fine at that time. As far as your question about being crazy, I don't know you well enough to answer that.

Where are you from? We went in oct with family from Canada. They were fine, my SC kiddos were complaining. The water is nice and warm though

I think October would be great...there is that chance of a really cold day as happened in our October trip a couple of years ago but on average the odds are definitely with you. Just have a back up plan as someone suggested.

Where are you from? We went in oct with family from Canada. They were fine, my SC kiddos were complaining. The water is nice and warm though
I think that's it right there- it depends on where you're from. The water would be warmer there than what we tend to have in July here :)

October is usually our month. Past exp. For us its been about 80-85. Ive also heard all of the resorts pool water are kept at 82, wondering if this is same for waterparks.

We're from Georgia (as in USA), so we are accustomed to hotter weather. I do wonder if their waters are heated like the resorts.

We have FL resident after 2 Water Park passes and go yr around for the exception of Feb. The best part about gong in the fall/winter is that the crowd level is very low!!

So glad to hear this. We are going at the end of October, and my DS wants to go to a waterpark. I figured I'd wait and see what the weather is like before adding on the WP&M to our tickets, since we can do that after we arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter