Typhoon Lagoon / Blizzard Beach - Cell Phone

TigersLions

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I'm a little obsessed with documenting the entire trip with photos and this time around, we are going to the water parks which means no camera for 2 days almost. So, I do have the water case for my cell phone similar to this:

https://smile.amazon.com/Mpow-Water...-spons&keywords=water+case+for+iphone+7&psc=1

If I try to wear it around my neck on the rides, will they tell me to take it off? I'm assuming yes, but I wanted to see if you had any input before I make any assumptions.

The other option is course taking turns riding the rides or just taking a break from the rides and taking pictures with my good camera. At that point it becomes more of a burden and less fun though. I will have the photo pass as well so maybe that will have to suffice.

thanks a ton!!! Less than ONE DAY! WOOHOO

I've seen plenty of people wearing their cell phones around their necks. I don't do that, so I'm not 100% sure of the rules, but worst case scenario they'll have you hold it in your hands on the slide.

See that's why I ask you guys! I was thinking about going down the slide and choking or something. I watch too much dateline ;-)

I think if anything, and depending on the slide, you might have to take it off your neck and hold it.

We wear rash guards and tuck the waterproof cell phone lanyard into shirt. Never been asked to remove it.

We use one of those cell phone cases and have never had to take it off. BUT - have not been on big slides like Slummit Plummet so not sure about rides at that level. I can’t imagine they let you wear it on that one.

We use one of those cell phone cases and have never had to take it off. BUT - have not been on big slides like Slummit Plummet so not sure about rides at that level. I can’t imagine they let you wear it on that one.

Good point! I haven’t tried on one of the super scary ones, just regular slides. Crush n Gusher is about my limit.

I’ve seen plenty of people with the waterproof lanyards. I never did it....I’m obsessed with pictures also and for our last trip I splurged for a water digital camera with WiFi that connected to my phone. Kept it on my wrist. Only thing I didn’t do was summit plummet.

I’ve seen plenty of people with the waterproof lanyards. I never did it....I’m obsessed with pictures also and for our last trip I splurged for a water digital camera with WiFi that connected to my phone. Kept it on my wrist. Only thing I didn’t do was summit plummet.
I held my Fuji waterproof camera on Summit Plummet, trying to record. Unfortunately the recording abruptly stopped (it’s easy to hit ththe off button when squeezing the camera. maybe that was a good thing it didn’t record too much of my scream)

I held my Fuji waterproof camera on Summit Plummet, trying to record. Unfortunately the recording abruptly stopped (it’s easy to hit ththe off button when squeezing the camera. maybe that was a good thing it didn’t record too much of my scream)
Ha! My digital camera did make it to the top of summit plummet! Great photo opt as you can see all four theme parks!! I took photos of my kiddos getting ready to go down and then the camera and I went back down the steps!! Too chicken!

Ha! My digital camera did make it to the top of summit plummet! Great photo opt as you can see all four theme parks!! I took photos of my kiddos getting ready to go down and then the camera and I went back down the steps!! Too chicken!
I loved the view from the top! (interesting seeing the plain back of EE).
But, I had a hard time taking many pictures, because I start to shake too much if I’m not holding a railing. To me, waiting on the stairs was worse than the slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter