• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Typhoon Lagoon Beachcomber Shacks (cabanas) question

jasko5990

In Valor There Is Hope
I posted this last week but only received one response, so I'm trying once again. Here's the situation:

My family of four (two adults and two teenagers) will be vacationing with a family of six (two adults and four teenagers) and are planning on going to Typhoon Lagoon on the same day. I'm interested in renting one of the Beachcomber Shacks (cabanas), and I know they only accommodate six people. The four adults will probably spend most of the day in the shack, and most of the teenagers will probably spend almost all of the day on the water attractions, but we want them to be able to come to the shack if they need us or want to get out of the sun. If two of the teens are in the shack with the four adults, will the other teens be allowed to stop in if they need money or just want to rest in the shade for a short time? Is the decision up to the shack attendant, or is there a "guard" that checks for something like a wristband? I'm not going to "sneak" anyone anywhere, I just want to know if we can reserve only one shack since I doubt there will be more than five or six people in shack at any given time. In the event we do need to reserve two shacks, are there any next to or close to another, or are they spread out in different areas in the park?

I can't imagine anyone interfering with your use of the cabana. To me, capacity of 6 in this situation means there is seating for 6 & you get six of whatever stuff you get with it like cups, ect... I'd just get one and if they are strict on only giving 6 wristbands put them on the adults & maybe the oldest 2 teens.

I would suggest you call the WDW Main Switchboard at 407-824-2222 during a time when TL is open and ask the Operator for the "High and Dry Towel Company" at Typhoon Lagoon. They are the ones who handle the reserved spaces and someone there would be able to provide you with detailed and specific information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter