Typhoon Lagoon and small kids

my2girlsmom

Earning My Ears
Hi,

My dd's are 6.5 and 4. My oldest is a pretty good swimmer (no vests or water wings) and is 48 inches so can handle low end on the pool)
My little one is "little" and still needs a vest or something and can't really touch the bottom of the 3 foot pools.

Are there things at TL for them to do and enjoy? Or is more a big kid place.

Thanks for your help!
Marion :cold: (can't wait for the warm weather!)

Typhoon Lagoon is very fun for the younger set. There's the lazy river to float in. There's a special little kids area to play in. If your older DD can handle it, try the wave pool. It's awesome! You should check out this site for more information:

http://allearsnet.com/btp/faq_tl.htm

Marie

We actually preferred BB to TL with young kids (DS3 & DD4 last trip). If you do go to TL, beware the "family" raft ride as you get absolutely slammed with water the entire way down. The one in BB is a little faster, but a lot more fun IMO. The kids area in TL is a little bigger than the one at BB, just be careful of the water cannons. We also liked the lazy river at BB better.

One thing that I have found out is kids will have fun at a waterpark or at a swimming pool just splashing around. At TL they can play in the wave pool or float in the Lazy River. There are slides they can go down but there height restrictions on some of them.

They won't be disappointed, like I said earlier kids love to play in water.

There are kiddie sections at both water parks. I love the lazy river so we usually bargain about spending time at each!

My ds started riding the slides at TL as soon as he could doggy paddle and hold his breath. As soon as we entered the park, we'd get a locker and a life vest. The life vests are free to rent, just leave a room key or driver's license. Best to start out on the baby slides and work your way up with the little one. There are some medium size slides at TL near the wave pool. A BIG word of CAUTION, when a wave comes from the wave pool, the water overflow heads to these slides. The bottom of the slide closest to the wave pool gets at least 6 more inches of water, than when there isn't a wave! When ds was 5, he got surprised and drank water not knowing this!

My DDs found TL the best water park when they were aged 3 & 6. We dis get them both a lifejacket for our peace of mind. The kiddies play area is good (not as good as at BB IMO) but the best bit for them was the kids slide into the main pool at the edge (over to the left as you look at Miss Tilly), and it was absolute bliss for DH and I to sit in the water and watch them on a hot August day :)

My kids loved it, and they are great swimmer's with the exception of my son in the wave pool, it knocked him over and gave him a bit of a fright otherwise they loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter