Type of rental car for 4 adults, 1 toddler in car seat and luggage?

Stephen_Dowd

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm based in the UK and not too familar with the makes and models of cars available in the US. I am trying to decide what vehicle I should rent. I need a something that can comfortably transport 4 adults and one toddler in a child seat. Obviously we will have associated luggage - probably 4 suitcases, together with 2 or 3 small cabin-sized bags. The car will mainly be for driving to/from the airport, around WDW and Orlando, but we will be travelling down to Sarasota for a long weekend (though not with all the luggage). Will I manage with a full-size or an intermediate SUV, or will I need a 7 seater minivan? Your suggestions are gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

I would recommend a larger SUV or a minivan. That will allow you room for luggage and the 4 adults won't end up swished in as tight with a car seat. A Full size car might be kind of tight with that much luggage.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

you need something with 3 rows.

having a

1+CS+1

config is too cramped..

a minivan would allow you to move around inside to deal with the child in the CS..

I'd go with a mini-van. They'll probably offer you something like a Dodge Caravan. You'll be happy with the roomy seating and storage options.

I've never really understood the appeal of SUVs -- huge vehicle, poor gas milage, seats...5? :confused3

Hi,

I'm based in the UK and not too familar with the makes and models of cars available in the US. I am trying to decide what vehicle I should rent. I need a something that can comfortably transport 4 adults and one toddler in a child seat. Obviously we will have associated luggage - probably 4 suitcases, together with 2 or 3 small cabin-sized bags. The car will mainly be for driving to/from the airport, around WDW and Orlando, but we will be travelling down to Sarasota for a long weekend (though not with all the luggage). Will I manage with a full-size or an intermediate SUV, or will I need a 7 seater minivan? Your suggestions are gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

Mini vans can run high as a rule. Although it is a smaller van, we had a Chev. Uplander from Alamo, with discounts it was $180 total for the week. Get on a mailing list, register with Mousesavers.com, and check on the transportation forum for codes. We had 5 adults and a car seat, with luggage and did fine.
I did take advantage of the Magic Express for two of us to travel with 2 larger pieces and carry on's. The dh and ds returned the car with their two pieces.
Are you eligible for the Magic Express as to not worry over luggage?

:surfweb:

Toyota Sienna
we rented a Sienna (we have a Quest) and hated it....

the side doors were too small (quest has or had when new the largest side openings of all the minivans), and i put the carseats on the middle outside seats. That was fine and dandy but the stupid Sienna won't tilt the seats forward if the back cannot fold forward. The Quest, i can have the carseats in and still tilt the seat so someone can get to the back. We found it easier to fold a back seat and have the folks go through the rear in the Sienna... poor design. At least it had split rear seats.:rolleyes:

Mini vans can run high as a rule. Although it is a smaller van, we had a Chev. Uplander from Alamo, with discounts it was $180 total for the week. Get on a mailing list, register with Mousesavers.com, and check on the transportation forum for codes. We had 5 adults and a car seat, with luggage and did fine.
I did take advantage of the Magic Express for two of us to travel with 2 larger pieces and carry on's. The dh and ds returned the car with their two pieces.
Are you eligible for the Magic Express as to not worry over luggage?

:surfweb:
I'd also suggest making a few reservations as backup.. We then, as our main reservation, got a intermediate SUV, which was way too small. so we asked about trading it in for soemthing else. Originally the Minvans were $500 for this date we had, and the SUV was $180. Well, they offered the minivan for $3 more a day than we were spending, so the total now was like $230 or so total, which was still cheaper than the origianl $500.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter