Type 2 Diabetes and Bydureon..

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
Hi Everyone, I have had type 2 diabetes since April 2011 and have been on the max dose of Metformin (2 pills twice a day) along with Lisinopril and most recently Januvia (I was taking Onglyza but my insurance wasn't going to cover it anymore) I have always has HIGH numbers 11.2 was my number in 2011 then I steadied out at around 8.5 still high.. (last July it was 8.4 and in Oct it was 8.5) my daily number are like 180ish even when fasting for 12 hours ! When I went to my Oct appt my Dr said let's talk about the shots there is daily and weekly ones we can look into if when you come back on your next appt and things are not going anywhere.. and I said ok because I want something that is going to finally work.. I have moderated my diet since 2011 (I didn't got whole hog and cut all carbs because I love butter bread pasta and rice but I'm trying to make better choices) I don't excersise I mean I take a class here at work here and there but nothing regular.. So anyway I went back last thursday and on Friday they called and said you are going on Bydureon - it's the once a weekly injectable that you and the Dr talked about , so come to the office and we'll show you how it work. so ....

anyway I'm wondering if anyone here takes that - I did a search and found nothing so maybe not??

I go tomorrow to the office to be shown how to mix it then inject it .. I just hope it works, I am ready to do this..

Thanks for listening.. I need to let it out the nervousness..

Hi Everyone, I have had type 2 diabetes since April 2011 and have been on the max dose of Metformin (2 pills twice a day) along with Lisinopril and most recently Januvia (I was taking Onglyza but my insurance wasn't going to cover it anymore) I have always has HIGH numbers 11.2 was my number in 2011 then I steadied out at around 8.5 still high.. (last July it was 8.4 and in Oct it was 8.5) my daily number are like 180ish even when fasting for 12 hours ! When I went to my Oct appt my Dr said let's talk about the shots there is daily and weekly ones we can look into if when you come back on your next appt and things are not going anywhere.. and I said ok because I want something that is going to finally work.. I have moderated my diet since 2011 (I didn't got whole hog and cut all carbs because I love butter bread pasta and rice but I'm trying to make better choices) I don't excersise I mean I take a class here at work here and there but nothing regular.. So anyway I went back last thursday and on Friday they called and said you are going on Bydureon - it's the once a weekly injectable that you and the Dr talked about , so come to the office and we'll show you how it work. so ....

anyway I'm wondering if anyone here takes that - I did a search and found nothing so maybe not??

I go tomorrow to the office to be shown how to mix it then inject it .. I just hope it works, I am ready to do this..

Thanks for listening.. I need to let it out the nervousness..

Bydureon is a once-a-week version of Byetta, so you may find more info doing searchs for Byetta

I was diagnosed last year and there was a bit of a learning curve before I started following the advice at bloodsugar101.com about eating to my meter. My endocrinologist is VERY strict about low-carb diets for diabetics though.

Good luck!

Thank you both - I've read that article and I'm going to look up bloodsugar101 now.. Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter