Tyler's Wish Trip - Nov. 20-25, 2009 / Dream Factory

I LOVE hearing happy updates!

I have to tell you...since we put our Brianna back in public school Oct 1, I can tell you every second she will be out of school for the next 2 years...how else can I plan our return trip to Disney? Their new schedule is the only thing I like about our public school. They get lots of breaks through out the year and only 6 weeks of summer break. (I've even given hubby some back up dates...like when they have a long weekend...I've almost got him convinced to get APs! LOL)

I'm really glad you get to take the other two to Brownies. When we first started we were told I could, but just before the cookie sale they told me we couldn't have any extra people there...for insurance purposes. Funny thing, we were meeting at my church building. With my DS handicaps it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a sitter for him on a regular basis.

Don't you just LOVE getting that Disney mail!!??!! It makes it all seem so real! I won't tell you how excited I got when I printed out our online check in confirmation! (the little things really make my heart go pitter patter when they are Disney related!!!)

Have a great time! Can't wait to hear your trip report!

Nini

I wanna buy some cookies!

popcorn:: (just pretend these are cookies)

YUM!

I was in the Cookie Brigade for years. I remember my Mom having TONS of boxes of cookies all over the floor in our playroom and sorting those things for a month!

I LOVE hearing happy updates!

I have to tell you...since we put our Brianna back in public school Oct 1, I can tell you every second she will be out of school for the next 2 years...how else can I plan our return trip to Disney? Their new schedule is the only thing I like about our public school. They get lots of breaks through out the year and only 6 weeks of summer break. (I've even given hubby some back up dates...like when they have a long weekend...I've almost got him convinced to get APs! LOL) I have her school calendar and her brother's since they are at different schools. However, it turns out it was a typo and she has school on the 20th. I guess she will need to miss another day!

I'm really glad you get to take the other two to Brownies. When we first started we were told I could, but just before the cookie sale they told me we couldn't have any extra people there...for insurance purposes. Funny thing, we were meeting at my church building. With my DS handicaps it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a sitter for him on a regular basis. I cannot find anyone to watch Tyler that is why the two little ones go with me. It is at our church/school and no one has ever said anything to me. I have all of the 4th and 5th graders this year and since it is just me and my "craft helper" I don't think anyone will complain as they don't want to take over or take the girls camping. My "craft helper" is really my assistant leader, but if you ask her, she says that she only does crafts. She does so much more!

Don't you just LOVE getting that Disney mail!!??!! It makes it all seem so real! I won't tell you how excited I got when I printed out our online check in confirmation! (the little things really make my heart go pitter patter when they are Disney related!!!) Disney Mail is the best. It was even in my husband's name and he gave it to me and let me open it since he knew how excited I was! :woohoo:

Have a great time! Can't wait to hear your trip report! Thanks for joining us!

Nini

I wanna buy some cookies!

popcorn:: (just pretend these are cookies)

YUM!

I was in the Cookie Brigade for years. I remember my Mom having TONS of boxes of cookies all over the floor in our playroom and sorting those things for a month!

Bre normally sells about 300-350 boxes of cookies each year. She and I go door to door to sell the things. My husband can take the list to work, but he is in small office so Bre really does most of the work. It seems like we have boxes and boxes until she gets them delivered. However, she knows that selling cookies sends her on summer activities and pays for her new uniform pieces. I don't think you can start teaching them to young how to earn things on their own. It will help her later in life! I do love eating them too!

Bre normally sells about 300-350 boxes of cookies each year. She and I go door to door to sell the things. My husband can take the list to work, but he is in small office so Bre really does most of the work. It seems like we have boxes and boxes until she gets them delivered. However, she knows that selling cookies sends her on summer activities and pays for her new uniform pieces. I don't think you can start teaching them to young how to earn things on their own. It will help her later in life! I do love eating them too!

I wanna buy a case of cookies! :goodvibes Will she ship them to me? (I would pay for shipping)...

That just reminded me of our last cookie sale! DS (my special needs child) decided all the cookies were lonely...so he ate everyone he could! I ended up having to pay almost 200 out of pocket for the cookies he got before we noticed! (I think that was also about the time we found out he could not process sugar!!!)

Have fun!

Nini

I wanna buy a case of cookies! :goodvibes Will she ship them to me? (I would pay for shipping)...

Yes, she would love too! The sale starts at the end of January!

That just reminded me of our last cookie sale! DS (my special needs child) decided all the cookies were lonely...so he ate everyone he could! I ended up having to pay almost 200 out of pocket for the cookies he got before we noticed! (I think that was also about the time we found out he could not process sugar!!!) As for Tyler and the cookies, I had to keep them up on top of kitchen cabinets where I had to have a ladder to reach them. He could not open the sealed cases, but any cases that were open had to be kept up high. He only opened one box before they were moved and luckily it was one we had ordered! :laughing:

Have fun!

Nini

Tyler's Dream Volunteer just called. She wanted to know if we were getting excited about our trip. I told her tonight Tyler saw a Disney World pirate's commercial on TV and said, "Wanna Go!" pirate: Since Tyler only says so few words, she was very excited about this. She asked if we got our travel papers from Disney and I told her I got them yesterday. I also told her that I fixed the problem with their airline. She told me that she was going to mail down our itinerary for our trip, a Disney book and a small backpack for Tyler around the second week of November. She apologized for not driving down, but since it could be winter weather since did not want to risk it by herself. She also said that her husband is ill and she needs to be home with him. They are both older and I completely understand that! We talked about meeting up at one of the other Dream Factory events. I guess the Christmas movie is on a Friday night so we will probably miss that since it takes almost 3 hours to drive to KC. I guess we may meet her at the Royals game next spring. She also asked if I would send her a picture from the trip. I told her I would print a bunch of pictures and mail them to her. It is the least I can do after they granted him his Dream Trip! :wizard: Now we are just counting down to the trip! 29 Days! :yay:

Well Hayley came down with some sort of stomach bug and I managed to get it. I thought I was going to never leave the bathroom yesterday. It did not help that the dye they injected for my MRI yesterday could cause stomach upset too. I took some Imodium and I am starting to feel human again, but I am not ready to eat anything yet. It never affected Hayley too bad, except for the nasty diapers.

This morning I am supposed to be coaching my two soccer teams. Bre played at 10 and Tyler at 10:45 and they were their last two games. Tyler’s team is made up of four year olds and they only play four kids at a time on a little tiny field. They are so cute. I had to send my husband to coach in my place. I hope he can learn the kids’ names quickly!

So, while I am at home sick with Hayley I have come up with some more Christmas decoration touring plans that will not affect our park time.

Here we go!

Saturday, Nov. 21st is 4:30 Yak and Yeti reservations. Then we will take a bus to the Beach Club to see the Gingerbread Carousel: http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Holidays-BeachClubResort-08/index.htm Then we will walk over to the Boardwalk and look at their decorations. I could not find ant pictures of them. Next, we will catch a bus to DTD and look who was there starting on the 15th of November last year: :santa: http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/christmas_downtown_disney.htm We will look at decorations and go shopping before calling it an early evening.

Sunday, Nov. 22nd is our 8:20 breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the Polynesian. The decorations here do not seem to be as elaborate: http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Holidays-Polynesian_Grand_Contemporary-08/index.htm Before we take the monorail to a park for the day we will head to the Grand Floridian via monorail to check out their gingerbread house. It is in the link above with the Contemporary’s pictures too! I guess we will stop by the Contemporary on our tour too to see the Pinocchio decorations. I just realized that we don’t have Chef Mickey reservations. Tyler must have eliminated that one when he was picking. We have never gone and not eaten there so this will be a first.

What do you think of my tour? Do you think we should take a break on our MK day and take the boat to Wilderness Lodge to look at their decorations?

I decided to add a few more photos. I went to upload some pictures to my Facebook page today for my brother. He purchased this giant monkey for Hayley last time he came to visit and then grandma gave her some monkey PJs. The monkey now goes everywhere with her.

Hayleyandhermonkey.jpg

MonkeyandHayley.jpg

While I was doing this I was thinking about how I wish I had taken some photos of Tyler’s first time playing soccer. Most of the games it was so cold or I was focused on coaching so I could not take photos. I opened up the memory card and there were about 10 pictures from his game on Saturday when I was sick. My husband is in the pictures, so my daughter must have taken them for me. She is so thoughtful! I just had to share two of them!

Tylerathissoccergame.jpg

Tyleratsoccer.jpg

What precious pictures! :love:

And very sweet of your daughter to take some for you. :thumbsup2

Well Hayley came down with some sort of stomach bug and I managed to get it. I thought I was going to never leave the bathroom yesterday. It did not help that the dye they injected for my MRI yesterday could cause stomach upset too. I took some Imodium and I am starting to feel human again, but I am not ready to eat anything yet. It never affected Hayley too bad, except for the nasty diapers.

Oh no! So sorry you got a bug. MRI?? Is that something new? I hope you are ok!

This morning I am supposed to be coaching my two soccer teams. Bre played at 10 and Tyler at 10:45 and they were their last two games. Tyler’s team is made up of four year olds and they only play four kids at a time on a little tiny field. They are so cute. I had to send my husband to coach in my place. I hope he can learn the kids’ names quickly!

Oh gosh. How sweet of him to coach! :love:

So, while I am at home sick with Hayley I have come up with some more Christmas decoration touring plans that will not affect our park time.

Here we go!

Saturday, Nov. 21st is 4:30 Yak and Yeti reservations. Then we will take a bus to the Beach Club to see the Gingerbread Carousel: http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Holidays-BeachClubResort-08/index.htm Then we will walk over to the Boardwalk and look at their decorations. I could not find ant pictures of them. Next, we will catch a bus to DTD and look who was there starting on the 15th of November last year: :santa: http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/christmas_downtown_disney.htm We will look at decorations and go shopping before calling it an early evening.

Sunday, Nov. 22nd is our 8:20 breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the Polynesian. The decorations here do not seem to be as elaborate: http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Holidays-Polynesian_Grand_Contemporary-08/index.htm Before we take the monorail to a park for the day we will head to the Grand Floridian via monorail to check out their gingerbread house. It is in the link above with the Contemporary’s pictures too! I guess we will stop by the Contemporary on our tour too to see the Pinocchio decorations. I just realized that we don’t have Chef Mickey reservations. Tyler must have eliminated that one when he was picking. We have never gone and not eaten there so this will be a first.

What do you think of my tour? Do you think we should take a break on our MK day and take the boat to Wilderness Lodge to look at their decorations?

I missed this the first time you posted it. Glad you posted again so it would come to the top of my threads and I could read it. :)

Your plans look great! :) I think you will like seeing all of the decorations. I am so hoping that we are able to see some on our December trip!

I really wanted to keep this thread about Tyler, but I started getting headaches about three weeks before we moved. We moved Aug. 10th. I thought it was just from the stress of the move. However, they will not go away. I went to the minor emergency center right before our trip and they gave me a shot that they said should break the cycle and make them stop. However, I got one at Disney. It was the day I had to miss riding EE. Then about a week after I got home I went back to the doctor got another shot and a prescription. Another week later and I went to my regular doctor. She said to stop taking the first medicine and all Tylenol. I went a week with no medication and lots of pain. :sick: I had an MRI last Friday and I won't have the results for a week. I had another headache on Saturday and another one today. I just hope they figure out what is causing them soon so they go away for good. They start on either the left or the right side and then move to the whole head and feel as if someone is pressing a crown of thorns into your skull. It just feels as if I could release the pressure, I would feel so much better. I have never had headaches before and I will be glad to see these go. I do have Lortab now, but I can only take that when my husband is home since it knocks me out! I will get better soon! :cutie:

I really wanted to keep this thread about Tyler, but I started getting headaches about three weeks before we moved. We moved Aug. 10th. I thought it was just from the stress of the move. However, they will not go away. I went to the minor emergency center right before our trip and they gave me a shot that they said should break the cycle and make them stop. However, I got one at Disney. It was the day I had to miss riding EE. Then about a week after I got home I went back to the doctor got another shot and a prescription. Another week later and I went to my regular doctor. She said to stop taking the first medicine and all Tylenol. I went a week with no medication and lots of pain. :sick: I had an MRI last Friday and I won't have the results for a week. I had another headache on Saturday and another one today. I just hope they figure out what is causing them soon so they go away for good. They start on either the left or the right side and then move to the whole head and feel as if someone is pressing a crown of thorns into your skull. It just feels as if I could release the pressure, I would feel so much better. I have never had headaches before and I will be glad to see these go. I do have Lortab now, but I can only take that when my husband is home since it knocks me out! I will get better soon! :cutie:

I've just very recently began reading this ptr and obviously been totally lurking! But, just wanted to send some good thoughts and prayers your way, along with hugs! :hug: Headaches, and what you are describing sound like doozies, and the stress, can be so tiring and draining. Know you want to be 100% for your son's wish trip, too, so I hope you get some answers pretty quick here and that they can help you to be pain free soon! Anyway, just wanted to send some good vibes your way! Take care and feel better soon! :hug:

I understand wanting to keep the thread about Tyler - but his Mom being healthy is very important for Tyler, too. :hug:

I am so sorry that you are in pain. I really hate that. Hopefully the MRI will give the medical team an idea of what is going on so they can get you feeling much better soon! :grouphug:

Thank you for all of the well wishes. The MRI came back normal today so I am waiting to hear from the doctor as to what the next step is. :confused3

A Big Give package came today. The mail person had to deliver it to my door since it had some problems making it to us. The exterior shipping paper was mostly shredded and there was a hole in the middle of the box. The contents were fine with the exception of the beautiful Mickey Mouse picture. He is missing the middle of his face and I am sure a little one spent lots of time making it for Tyler. :sad2:

I must warn you that I love to take pictures. I tried to make Tyler and Hayley wait until Breanna got home to open the box, but it was not going to happen today. So I made them sit on the couch and open it together. Then after it was all open, we wrapped up about three of the items in the undamaged tissue paper and set them aside so Breanna can be surprised when she gets home from choir practice tonight.

Here are Tyler and Hayley with the package:

DSC03134.jpg

DSC03135.jpg

DSC03136.jpg

A princess wand: princess:

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03138.jpg

Tyler was so excited to get a Car’s lanyard for his pins! He loves to trade pins!

DSC03139.jpg

Then they check out more goodies:

DSC03140.jpg

DSC03141.jpg

DSC03144.jpg

The Journal is simply amazing. I can’t say thank you enough for it. Each page is customized to what we are doing that day. There are special pages for each of our dining reservations. It is gorgeous! I took several pictures so everyone else could see the talent and time that went into this journal.

DSC03142.jpg

DSC03143.jpg

DSC03145.jpg

DSC03146.jpg

Tyler decided to read the Coloring Book. He loves to look at pictures in books over and over.

DSC03147.jpg

DSC03148.jpg

The package came in the middle of lunch. After the package and lunch, Tyler was tired. He fell asleep in front of the front door. His blanket looks funny since this is his 5 lb. weighted blanket. My husband swears it feels like a 20 lb. blanket when you try to lift it, but I only sewed 5 lbs. of pellets in it. He uses it to go to sleep. Sometimes he still uses his baby 1 ½ lb. blanket. That is the only thing I know how to do with my serger is to sew weighted therapy blankets. I am sure that someday I will discover another use for it.

DSC03149.jpg

My husband had to work late tonight and Tyler had gymnastics. Aaron and Breanna checked out the box together. I am not sure who was more excited! Here are some more pictures:

DSC03150.jpg

DSC03151.jpg

DSC03152.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

Aaron turned on the glow fingers for Tyler. He thinks they are so much fun. The flash from the camera made the lights not show up so much.

DSC03154.jpg

Thank you Jodi from Ontario, Canada! I do not know your Dis username and I will replace your real name with it if you would like.

I'm glad you got some good news! :) Hopefully they'll figure out what the deal is soon.
Great pics, the kids sure look like they are having fun opening the box of goodies! :goodvibes

You are so very welcome! My daughter is upset that the damage to the box put a hole into her picture, but that's the mail I guess!

I hope that you guys have a great time. My family and I will be there in November also but will leave just before you arrive, it would have been so nice to be able to meet you!

Glad that you like the journal, I'm hoping to find the time to make one for myself, but time before we leave is getting tight!

Take good care of your precious family!

I'm glad you got some good news! :) Hopefully they'll figure out what the deal is soon.
Great pics, the kids sure look like they are having fun opening the box of goodies! :goodvibes

Thank You! :flower3:

You are so very welcome! My daughter is upset that the damage to the box put a hole into her picture, but that's the mail I guess!

I hope that you guys have a great time. My family and I will be there in November also but will leave just before you arrive, it would have been so nice to be able to meet you!

Glad that you like the journal, I'm hoping to find the time to make one for myself, but time before we leave is getting tight!

Take good care of your precious family!

It looks like something wet got set on the top of the box. Tell your daughter the picture is still beautiful and Tyler said, "Mickey" when he saw it. The picture is going in a scrapbook from the trip. We love the thought and time that went into it and do not mind the hole. It is too bad we will miss you by a few days! Good luck getting your journal done! princess:

WOW! You post such wonderful pictures! Thank you so much!! I loved seeing the kids open their package! That journal is amazing!! The picture of Tyler sleeping by the door is so precious!

WOW! You post such wonderful pictures! Thank you so much!! I loved seeing the kids open their package! That journal is amazing!! The picture of Tyler sleeping by the door is so precious!

Thank you!

I have a new dilemma! All of the hours for the parks have changed for the week we are going. For example, the Magic Kingdom is open until 3 on the 22nd! I know that the kids won't make it that long, but I might go back after they are in bed and explore on my own. My husband would stay with the kids. Bre might want to come along too. I scheduled us to go to AK on the 21st and it is the only day that week that that park closes at 5 pm. Should I leave AK on this day and hope that everyone else will want to go on a day that this park is open later? Also, I have a reservation for breakfast at 8:10 am on the 25, the day we go home, at the Crystal Palace since the plan was to arrive before the park opens, but now the park opens at 8 am. Should I try for an earlier reservation? How early does the baggage check at the hotel open so I can check our bags. We are staying at All Star Sports. Help!!!!! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter