Two Weeks until Two Weeks! - Update 3/22 - NEW TR LINK!

6) Fireworks from the Top of the World Lounge
This is a MUST on Joe's list! And really, mine too - I'd be a bit disappointed if we didn't squeeze this in during our stay.

When we went to the D23 Magic and Merriment event last December it included a brunch at the Top of the World Lounge. It was so windy up there it almost tore my lanyard off my neck. I suggest you tie Henry to a pole out there or something so he doesn't get sucked up in the wind and fly off like Peter Pan.

Hey there Brook! This last week has been so crazy for me, between my Swish Club duties at the high school and the Book Fair and popcorn at the elementary school, I've barely had any time to DIS at all. Finally I've been able to catch up today, I saved your thread for last because I knew I would be the furthest behind on it - only 16 pages :eek: I had to skim alot of the chatter, but I'm finally caught up!

Going all the way back to your H&V breakfast...

It totally hit home with me that I have no little ones left at my house because I had no idea who the big yellow bear looking guy was, I'm guessing that's Oso? :confused3 So sad, my babies are all grown up, no more Playhouse Disney for me :sad2:

That is so cool that you can pick and chose the days that you are on the DDP, what an awesome perk!

I'm so jealous that your going to the EE event. I've never been in AK after dark! I hope you get to see the Yeti in all his swiping glory, but I wouldn't count it. I've only seen him in full working order once, and that was the year the ride opened. It's sure missing something with him in the dark isn't it?

I'm excited to read about your day at KSC, we're planning on spending the day there when we get back from our cruise. I know Don will LOVE it, I hope the boys will too.

Mmmmm, I love Kona Cafe! :love:

I can't wait to see all your awesome pictures from the F&GF!

Your new Keens are super cute, I bet they're comfy too :thumbsup2

And finally, I thought about you today. I was in desperate need of a Diet Dr. Pepper so I swung into my local McDs to get one. What did I see advertised on a big giant sign next to the drive thru? The Shamrock Shake of course! This was the first time I had ever seen them here, I didn't get one, but I think I'm going to have to try it before they go away.

Hi Brook! I just got caught up :thumbsup2

I loved reading about all of your plans. It's so great that you will have so much time and can be more laid back about your plans. I'm so excited for you (and a little jealous too :goodvibes).

If you find any good resort specific items, let me know. I would love to collect magnets but they never seem to have anything of interest. I think the pins are nice, but I am not the lanyard wearing type so they would end up just being displayed somewhere. You would think they would make a lot of money on resort specific stuff, but maybe there's not many people like us who would be interested.

Your day at the Kennedy Space Center sounds great! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!

Very cool that you took advantage of adding the DDP to just certain nights of your trip. Did you have to split up your reservation to do this? I feel like I should know the answer to that but I really need to read up on the DVC perks!

Sounds like you will be in WDW right after Christmas -- if so I'll just miss you since I'll be there from 12/10-12/17 :sad2: Maybe one of these days our paths will cross. Either that or we'll have to have a NYC Dis meet.

Speaking of which, did you get your NYC Mickey shirt? I was supposed to go there last Saturday but it was so windy we decided to postpone the trip until the weather is a bit nicer. So hopefully I'll make it there in the next few weeks.

Woohoo for one more day :banana::banana::banana: Hope you get all your packing done.

Hope you have a safe, exciting, fun, magical, full of stories, memories, and pictures vacation!!!!! Cant wait to hear all about it!!:wizard:

The F&G Festival is so beautiful! I hope you get lots of good pictures of it. Sounds like some fun resort plans, too. :thumbsup2

Hey Brook!!!!

I'm not going to be DISing much the next few days so I wanted to wish you and the family safe travels! I will be watching FB for your updates! Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!! pixiedust: :goodvibes pixiedust::goodvibes pixiedust:

fabby keens! And nice toes to go with them!

Everything looks great! I can't wait to follow along :goodvibes

I am thinkin' we will enjoy Charles' "country" quite a bit!! I haven't decided yet what I'll get - everything looks yummy!

Everything IS yummy! No matter what you decide to get, you will love it!

I saw your pic of the Shamrock Shake! Yum! I was going to suggest stopping at McDonald's after the soccer game and the 8th grade parent night we attended at the high school for Chelsea last night but opted to go out to dinner with some friends instead. This weekend, one of those shakes will be mine. LOL!

Happy Disney Eve!!!

Your leaving TOMORROW??? YAH HOO!!!! :cheer2::woohoo::dance3::woohoo::cheer2:

I have to dance!!!
:dancer:party::rainbow::jumping1::rainbow:party: :dancer:

Have an AMAZING TIME!!! (Who WOULDN'T with a TWO week trip :woohoo:) I will be thinking of you!!!

Chef Mickey does have breakfast pizza.. its not the best of Disney but its good and its eggs and cheese which in my world is awesome!!! Ahh you go soooo soon!!!!!!!!!! This is tres exciting!

Ooooh, I am going to have to try some! Right now that sounds awesome!

OMG i love Shamrock shakes! Oh I added you to facebook request is pending! :) Now Im running to McDonalds haha seriously gotta go that way anyways I think Shamrock shakes are sounding beyond awesome.

:rotfl2: aren't they wonderful???

Brook, I can't believe you are at 2 days. Where the heck did those 2 weeks go to????

All of your plans sound great. And be sure to save some of that 80 degree temperatures for "my very special friends" who will be arriving that second week. ;)

No joke! The time has FLOWN for me too! :banana:

:rotfl: I will try to save some of that 80 degree weather for the "special friends" :goodvibes (I truly hope it IS 80 that week too--for them, and me!)

Hi Brook, I am not sure wether I might not miss you before you leave, but I wanted to wish you a wonderful and magical trip!!

Loved your resort to dos! I think the Contemporary has a beach as well (next to the hotel pool)?

Thank you Magdalene! Oooh, yes! It does! We will be digging there I'm sure too. :laughing: I had forgotten about that beach completely.

I had this and it was AWESOME. I loved it.

I love hearing that!!! Yummmmmmy.

Community Hall is SO easy at BLT!! You can even access it when you are out by the pool. There is an entrance from the pool side:) I took Kayla, Olivia and Alexa in there for fun crafts while Tony and Jonah hung out by the pool. Very convienent and you WILL find it NO PROBLEM!

The pool there is also great. Alexa loved going down the small slide on the side of the pool. I dont know if you are aware, but there is a little slide as well as the big tall one. She loved the pop jet area too! I cant wait for you to be at BLT!!! We just LOVED it so much:thumbsup2

Oooh, I like hearing that! Thank you! Henry will have a great time in there, and we'll probably rent a movie or two during our trip too.

I did see the little waterslide in the pictures! Henry wants to try it! I'm looking forward to that since I think he'll love it. And that pop jet area is so cute, if it's warm enough he'll have a ball in there!

So Close!!!!!!

:banana::banana:

And today we are down to ONE dancing nanner! :banana:

Not sure if I'll get on tomorrow, so wanted to tell you to have a magical trip!

Looking forward to the next TR (I don't FB or tweet).

Thank you so much!!!

Oooh, folks, we have another FB hold-out - convert her!!!! ;):lmao:

Have a safe trip and I will see you at SW.

:yay: See you there!!!!!!!

Oh I love F&G festival. I can't wait to see your pictures from it. Toy Story topiaries sounds cool.

We'll be there next April for F&G. :)

I saw a pic last night of the giant Woody topiary, it looks amazing! It's like a bigger version of the one they have over in DHS.

i have never been to a six flags. i have seen that ride on tv before though. i don't know if i could even ride it:scared1::confused::laughing:

Joe convinced me. We were still dating at the time. Oh, the things you do when you are in young love. :rotfl: My eyelids flapped in the wind. Yes, my EYELIDS. I never want to experience THAT again. I couldn't even get out of the car, Joe had to literally pull me out. It was crazy!

almost one day :cool1::cool1::cool1::rotfl::rotfl::banana::banana:

how can you stand it?
Thanks for sharing the allears reference, I read all the stuff about the F&GF and thought "now where did she find that out?".:confused:..then a little further down...wala, the answer@!:hug:

How doyou know which nights they are doing fireside with chip & dale? is tha ton the other sid eyou told me? I will have to go look there next.

BTW, di dyou know we share the same wedding anniversary, too? (read it on another PTR!) we will be 19 years this June. :cutie:

try not to make yourself crazy....and get some sleep!

LOL - ya, I don't have any inside scoop! I grab a lot of info from here, AllEars and a couple other sites.

I believe the campfire is nightly; however, Chip & Dale don't always show up, but they do most of the time - there isn't a set schedule for them that I have seen. I hope we don't pick the one night they don't come!

That is very cool about us having the same anniversary!!! We will be FIVE this year - which is hard to believe! HUGE CONGRATS on your 19!!!!!!!!

How exciting only 2 more day ;)-

And today marks ONE!

You are almost there! Have fun!!:dance3::dance3:

I can't wait for the TR!:cool1:

It's truly hard for me to believe that we leave tomorrow!!! :eek: :yay:

It's getting so close! I am so excited for you!! :cool1:

Thank you! Tomorrow, tomorrow!!!

When we went to the D23 Magic and Merriment event last December it included a brunch at the Top of the World Lounge. It was so windy up there it almost tore my lanyard off my neck. I suggest you tie Henry to a pole out there or something so he doesn't get sucked up in the wind and fly off like Peter Pan.

Oh wow! That's crazy! We only stepped out briefly during our BLT Tour last trip, I don't remember the wind, but perhaps because we were out there for literally about 8 seconds. :confused3 I WILL keep this in mind, thank you for the info!!

Hey there Brook! This last week has been so crazy for me, between my Swish Club duties at the high school and the Book Fair and popcorn at the elementary school, I've barely had any time to DIS at all. Finally I've been able to catch up today, I saved your thread for last because I knew I would be the furthest behind on it - only 16 pages :eek: I had to skim alot of the chatter, but I'm finally caught up!

Going all the way back to your H&V breakfast...

It totally hit home with me that I have no little ones left at my house because I had no idea who the big yellow bear looking guy was, I'm guessing that's Oso? :confused3 So sad, my babies are all grown up, no more Playhouse Disney for me :sad2:

That is so cool that you can pick and chose the days that you are on the DDP, what an awesome perk!

I'm so jealous that your going to the EE event. I've never been in AK after dark! I hope you get to see the Yeti in all his swiping glory, but I wouldn't count it. I've only seen him in full working order once, and that was the year the ride opened. It's sure missing something with him in the dark isn't it?

I'm excited to read about your day at KSC, we're planning on spending the day there when we get back from our cruise. I know Don will LOVE it, I hope the boys will too.

Mmmmm, I love Kona Cafe! :love:

I can't wait to see all your awesome pictures from the F&GF!

Your new Keens are super cute, I bet they're comfy too :thumbsup2

And finally, I thought about you today. I was in desperate need of a Diet Dr. Pepper so I swung into my local McDs to get one. What did I see advertised on a big giant sign next to the drive thru? The Shamrock Shake of course! This was the first time I had ever seen them here, I didn't get one, but I think I'm going to have to try it before they go away.

Oooh, that's kinda sad about no more Playhouse Disney! But, yes, the big yellow bear is Special Agent Oso. He's a unique stuffed bear. He's on a special assignment, to help a kid somewhere. And with help from you, there's nothing he can't doooooo! He's O SO special.

:rolleyes:

I hope we get to see the yeti on too! That would be amazing! But, like you said - I highly doubt it. I hope they also have a couple other rides open, but we'll see!

Oh! I had forgotten about your day at KSC! Yes! Your kids and Don will LOVE it. I bet you will like it too! It really is very interesting, and educational-in a cool way. I'll try to take some more informational pictures and shots that might help give you a lay of the land a bit.

I almost got the Keen slides, but they didn't qualify for the Prime free shipping on Amazon, so I went with this style, and I really like them! They are wonderful already. I plan to wear them around the house today in hopes of breaking them in a bit more too.

:yay: for Shamrock Shakes showing up!!!! I hope you enjoy it when you do try it! I don't get the whip or cherry - I like 'em "old school". :laughing: My sister got the whip on hers and said it was fine, but it sorta made everything creamy at the end and ruined the last few sips. Sorta like whip on a coffee drink.

I hope life slows down a bit for you - or at least that all the busyness has been fun!

Well I'm just going to admit it but I am sooooo jealous you leave tomorrow. I'll be looking for your facebook updates. Have fun! The good thing about when you get back my trip will atleast be closer. :laughing:

Hi Brook! I just got caught up :thumbsup2

I loved reading about all of your plans. It's so great that you will have so much time and can be more laid back about your plans. I'm so excited for you (and a little jealous too :goodvibes).

If you find any good resort specific items, let me know. I would love to collect magnets but they never seem to have anything of interest. I think the pins are nice, but I am not the lanyard wearing type so they would end up just being displayed somewhere. You would think they would make a lot of money on resort specific stuff, but maybe there's not many people like us who would be interested.

Your day at the Kennedy Space Center sounds great! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!

Very cool that you took advantage of adding the DDP to just certain nights of your trip. Did you have to split up your reservation to do this? I feel like I should know the answer to that but I really need to read up on the DVC perks!

Sounds like you will be in WDW right after Christmas -- if so I'll just miss you since I'll be there from 12/10-12/17 :sad2: Maybe one of these days our paths will cross. Either that or we'll have to have a NYC Dis meet.

Speaking of which, did you get your NYC Mickey shirt? I was supposed to go there last Saturday but it was so windy we decided to postpone the trip until the weather is a bit nicer. So hopefully I'll make it there in the next few weeks.

Woohoo for one more day :banana::banana::banana: Hope you get all your packing done.

Hey Robin!
I will look for resort specific merchandise and let you know! I too am a magnet collector, so I'll surely be on the watch for that. It seems like there are a lot of us that would like the resort merch, but perhaps not enough for them to do the extra cost of it. I have seen a few discussions of the DVC resorts getting some specific merch as of late, so maybe we have hope!

I actually don't think the perk of the segmented DDP is listed on the website! It's sort of a secret. LOL You can just call and ask them to segment you reservation and then add the dining plan to those days. You keep all one reservation number, but it appears split on your DVC Member profile. The first time I called and asked for this the CM said they couldn't do that, but I have since called back twice and gotten CMs that had no issue with it. The one told me we would have to get new keys each time, BUT, there is debate about that on the boards - some people have had to, others haven't. :confused3 I put a thread out there asking for more recent experiences with it, to see how it went (hopefully smoothly!), and if they had to get new keys. I haven't check it yet this morning, hopefully I have a couple responses.

Yep! We might be in WDW over NYE again. It works well with timing for vacation and work, plus the NYE fireworks are amazing! Earlier December is so much better crowd and weather wise though!

I would love to have an NYC meet! There are quite a few of us in this area - someone just needs to organize it all. Maybe I will this summer....:scratchin

I didn't get the I Mickey Head NY shirt because I kinda wanted Women's style versus just the regular t-shirt and they were out of those in my size - except in HOT PINK and I wanted black or gray. So, I went with another shirt - it's Minnie as the Statue of Liberty. It's very cute! I can't believe I didn't post a pic here. :headache: (too much going on! lol) and now it's packed!

Hope you have a safe, exciting, fun, magical, full of stories, memories, and pictures vacation!!!!! Cant wait to hear all about it!!:wizard:

Thank you!!!!!! I cannot believe we leave tomorrow!!! :hyper:

The F&G Festival is so beautiful! I hope you get lots of good pictures of it. Sounds like some fun resort plans, too. :thumbsup2

I will probably take TOO many pictures of it. :rotfl: I just cannot wait to breathe in the smell of all those flowers....sigh....:cloud9:

Hey Brook!!!!

I'm not going to be DISing much the next few days so I wanted to wish you and the family safe travels! I will be watching FB for your updates! Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!! pixiedust: :goodvibes pixiedust::goodvibes pixiedust:

Thank you Tim! And I wish YOU some :wizard::wizard: right back!!!

fabby keens! And nice toes to go with them!

Everything looks great! I can't wait to follow along :goodvibes

Thank you! I did the home pedi and am okay with how it turned out - not great, but certainly passable for Disney World. :laughing:

Everything IS yummy! No matter what you decide to get, you will love it!

I saw your pic of the Shamrock Shake! Yum! I was going to suggest stopping at McDonald's after the soccer game and the 8th grade parent night we attended at the high school for Chelsea last night but opted to go out to dinner with some friends instead. This weekend, one of those shakes will be mine. LOL!

Happy Disney Eve!!!

I will be getting another Shamrock Shake if I can find one down in FL during our trip to, or from, KSC! Yummmmm! I hope you enjoy yours!

Your leaving TOMORROW??? YAH HOO!!!! :cheer2::woohoo::dance3::woohoo::cheer2:

I have to dance!!!
:dancer:party::rainbow::jumping1::rainbow:party: :dancer:

Have an AMAZING TIME!!! (Who WOULDN'T with a TWO week trip :woohoo:) I will be thinking of you!!!

Thank you!!!! That is such a cute plane picture. Henry likes it too!

Hope you have a great trip! I can't wait to follow along !!

Thank you!!! I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we leave tomorrow morning!!! :banana:

Well I'm just going to admit it but I am sooooo jealous you leave tomorrow. I'll be looking for your facebook updates. Have fun! The good thing about when you get back my trip will atleast be closer. :laughing:

I will be posting a lot on FB, I can't wait to share the magic with you all a bit!!!

Yay Brook!!! :yay::yay::yay: This is it!! Tomorrow you'll be there! I love seeing your ticker that says one day! Such a great feeling!!! :goodvibes
I have enjoyed reading about your ideas for your vacation.... I really do think you are going to be so relaxed knowing you have 2 weeks. What a difference! I love that you have so many "Henry moments" built in, such a good mom! (and dad too!!)
Have a wonderful trip!!! I'll be following on fb, post lots of pictures! :)
Glad you got your Shamrock Shake!! ;)

Two Weeks from Today...March 11.

Today we don't have any plans!

Big surprise, eh?

Today is our last full day in Disney World, so I'm certain I'll be wanting to squeeze anything in that we hadn't yet done.

A quick update on the To Do List:

1. Clean the house
  2. Get more cash and some smaller bills for tips (I plan to break the 20's from the ATM at Dunkin' Donuts. :rolleyes1)
  3. Drop of Henry's pre-school application
  4. Schedule car service
  5. Airline check-in :banana:
  6. Pay for a certain gift for Henry that I got from a fellow DISer
  7. Have Henry pick out a few bath and a few sand toys and pack them
  8. Respond to the PMs and FB messages I have from you guys!
Totally manageable! If I am diligent, I can have most all of this done before nap-time. Though, I'll probably save responding to the messages from you folks until H is sleepin' so my messages make more sense.

And do you see that "PACK" is not on the list????

Yes, it's true. I am DONE packing. (minus very few things I need to throw in after using them tomorrow - like the toothbrush. I am not forking over $49.95 for one at the World ;))

So, that means I should have time tomorrow morning, while sipping my coffee, to check-in here and say good-bye. "Should" is the key word here though, we'll see how today actually goes. :rotfl:

Last night I interviewed Henry about our trip. He was "making soup" during the video, as you will soon see. It was, in fact, delicious soup. ;)

Disney Interview with the Little Man

I haven't a CLUE what he is talking about with the train near the pool??? I tried to dig more information out of him, but still, no idea. He just started saying that yesterday, before he'd always shout "SAND!" so he must have had a dream or seen a picture....no idea. :confused3 :laughing:

And I apologize for the messy house in the background. See #1 above!

TOMORROW WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot even imagine how excited you are! I'm thrilled and I'm not even going on the trip.

I am a fb-er also, and I will send you a PM on the DIS with my info, if you wouldn't mind "friending" me. I love a good Disney update - especially 2 weeks worth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter