Two Weeks until Two Weeks! - Update 3/22 - NEW TR LINK!

I can't wait to hear about Teppon Edo. I actually had it booked for our Epcot day, then change to Toyko dining, because I heard you could watch Illuminations from there, then canceled that too. I do have another ADR for earlier in the day now, but not sure if I will keep that one either. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmommy
Never been to Mickey's Panty but I want to check it out now.

Creightonsmomma-Took me a while to figure out what the heck you were laughing at :rolleyes1 PANTRY, not panty!

Thanks for the to-do list Brook....I jotted down a couple for myself! Now if I can just get off the DIS to do them!!!! ugh

Oh, you'll love Chef Mickey's breakfast! It was delish and the characters, as you said, are superb! My girls prefer it over CRT, can you believe that? And they're girls! So you KNOW Chef Mickey's must be good.:laughing:

I'd lay low that day too, with a crowd level of 9! (One year we went over President's Day and Mardi Gras coincided with it too!:eek: Crazy crowds!) Does the Contemporary have any kid's activities at the pool perhaps? I know the GF had a schedule for things they did like games, chalk art, crafts, that type of stuff. Have you tried out the arcade there too? We did when we ate at California Grill this past trip and it was pretty fun.

Teppen Edo looks fab! I'd love to try it out next time.

Four days till total bliss Brook! The time will fly now for sure and your to-do list looks quite manageable to me.:thumbsup2

Brooke... what time is the Disney Playhouse Dance Party? We are doing AK that day but only until Nap time so maybe we can stop at DHS for the dance party :banana::banana::banana:. We are planning DTD for that afternoon/ evening too!

Ok I'm all caught up and now VERY HUNGRY. lol

I remember the campfire with Chip and Dale from when I was a kid and it's one of my fondest Disney memories.

If you are planning on riding ponies make sure you're there early. I think it closes really early like 4pm or so.

I'm jealous of your trip to the Space Center. We can't fit it in this trip but WILL be going in 2012. Such a fun place!

Yes you do! :laughing:

Hmmm....I think the coconut head patties are available other places. The only place I can think of off hand is the Poly though. I imagine they are in the candy shop on Main Street too, but I'm not certain.

I think Henry is just like your DS - we have to wait until he wants to do it. :rolleyes: A bit stubborn. I have NO IDEA where he got that from. :rolleyes1 ;) We have literally tried everything from bribing with candy to a Disney cruise. No joke. We have done sticker charts, treat charts, no chart, stand up, sit down, big potty, little potty, taking privileges away unless he tries, training pants, straight to underwear, "Mommy isn't buying anymore diapers." and more. Nothing is working. So, we are giving up until June when we will have to do a boot camp type potty training for pre-school in September. Hopefully between now and then he'll decide he wants to. He has been showing more and more signs of "big boy" "I can do that!" lately. He zips his own coat even! :thumbsup2

I've heard much of the Tron stuff is sold out. I'm hoping they re-stocked, or we find something! He's looked at the Disney store and wasn't excited over any of it. Not sure what he wants. lol

The coupon! At some CS locations a coupon prints on the bottom of the receipt good for 20% off at various stores during certain hours (morning hours). I know the Emporium is included in the list of shops that you can use the coupon at.

I'll check out those other places. We actually have breakfast scheduled at Ohana'. Thanks about the info on the coupons.

Our sons sound so similar. We tried the reward thing, with some nice rewards. And he did it a total of like 3 times. No big incentive for him. But what happened was he had gone outside with his cousins to play on the slip and slide. We hadn't brought little swimmers, so he just had on trunks. He came in and changing clothes and he seemed like he needed to go, so I asked and he said yes, so I said run to the toilet and he did it and that was the beginning of it all. He had very few accidents after that point. But that was it. Those rewards were used to help him remember to go use the potty and really came in handy for the number 2 visits. If you know what I mean.

So it was really nothing that we did, it was all him. But enough potty talk. Back to me reading your update.

Quote:

Creightonsmomma-Took me a while to figure out what the heck you were laughing at :rolleyes1 PANTRY, not panty!

haha sorry...I couldn't help myself. ;)

Brook...after reading your to-do list it reminds me I need to get my eyebrows waxed. I would like to get a pedicure but I tend to run over my own toes with the stroller. :laughing:

Oh You are all making me think that one afternoon in DTD is not going to be long enough. :lmao: I think DH needs to work more OT so I can check out the stores that I don't remember.

Please tell me what was not so great about Chef Mickey's for dinner? we have that scheduled for one of our nights, can't remember which at this point.

Brook, are you getting too excited to sleep yet? :woohoo::woohoo:

oh the parade sounds fun, I hope that works out so I can see pictures!

Teppan is a lot of fun, I bet Henry will LOVE it! I think it is SO cool that with DVC you can do DDP or DxDP for just part of your stay and not be tied to that for the whole trip. I would not have realized it were it not for the FB conversations on it and I think we're going to do it for a couple of days in May as a result! :cool1:

What this coupon talk though? Inquiring minds want to know....

Great day, Brook. We LOVE Chef Mickey's for breakfast (our last dinner there was awful and we won't go back; but there's not much damage you can do to breakfast).

We've never done Teppan Edo so I'll be curious as to what you think of it.

I'm thrilled to hear you love Chef Mickey's for breakfast! We haven't desired to go back for dinner either - we hardly ate. :sad2: What do you think of Tim's weird potatoes? I'm looking forward to trying them!

I know you are going to have a great breakfast at Chef Mickey's!!!! You HAVE to try the mystery turkey potato thing and let me know what you think of it. :lmao::lmao:

Ohhhhh... Teppan Edo!! I've never eaten there but I have it set in my mind that I WILL eat here on my next trip! popcorn::

Your 'to do' list doesn't seem all to bad. :confused3

I actually put it in my notes to try them! :rotfl: I'm sure I would even if I didn't note it because me and potatoes, BFF. But, I want to be sure to report back to you what I think.

So, Teppan Edo on the next trip, eh? Whenever that may be...

Nope, that To Do list is very manageable. I have been slowly whittling away on it the past couple weeks. Today I've gotten 2 things done already and will be pulling out the suitcases in a while.

do you have room in those layed out suitcases for a little something extra?

like ME?????

:laughing:

:rotfl2: Well, our suitcase IS a big one!! LOL!

You list looks manageable, except "pedicure"....how'd that get on there?

That was near the top of the list!!! Toes matter. I don't have a hairy feet issue, but still....;)

you know you get them too...you just don't want to admit it...

:lmao:

but that's ok - your secret is safe with "us"....

:rotfl: Pedi's for men around here are veryyyyy normal!! Besides, they feel sooooo good.

I can't wait to hear about Teppon Edo. I actually had it booked for our Epcot day, then change to Toyko dining, because I heard you could watch Illuminations from there, then canceled that too. I do have another ADR for earlier in the day now, but not sure if I will keep that one either. LOL!

Sounds like our ADRs over time! We have had so many and canceled and re-booked/changed. Usually I make them and they pretty much stick...but not this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmommy
Never been to Mickey's Panty but I want to check it out now.

That's hilarious!!!!!!!! I didn't even catch it and had no idea what she was laughing at either, I figured it was an inside joke between you two!!!!!!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

You KNOW I'm going to be thinking that when I go into the store now!!!

Thanks for the to-do list Brook....I jotted down a couple for myself! Now if I can just get off the DIS to do them!!!! ugh

Your welcome! Much of my list was created after reading Amy's, so thank her too! :laughing:

Oh, you'll love Chef Mickey's breakfast! It was delish and the characters, as you said, are superb! My girls prefer it over CRT, can you believe that? And they're girls! So you KNOW Chef Mickey's must be good.:laughing:

I'd lay low that day too, with a crowd level of 9! (One year we went over President's Day and Mardi Gras coincided with it too!:eek: Crazy crowds!) Does the Contemporary have any kid's activities at the pool perhaps? I know the GF had a schedule for things they did like games, chalk art, crafts, that type of stuff. Have you tried out the arcade there too? We did when we ate at California Grill this past trip and it was pretty fun.

Teppen Edo looks fab! I'd love to try it out next time.

Four days till total bliss Brook! The time will fly now for sure and your to-do list looks quite manageable to me.:thumbsup2

Yep! The CR does have activities by the pool and resort wide - so does BLT. We will be doing some of those for sure, they are on my "Resort List" that I haven't yet shared. ;) And yes! Henry LOVES the arcade. We could easily drop quite a few bucks in there. I think last trip we bought a $10 or $20 card and had no problems using it up! :laughing:

Brooke... what time is the Disney Playhouse Dance Party? We are doing AK that day but only until Nap time so maybe we can stop at DHS for the dance party :banana::banana::banana:. We are planning DTD for that afternoon/ evening too!

That would be awesome!!!! Yes, come join us!!! :yay::yay: As far as I know, the dance party starts when PM EMH does, so for this night it would be 7pm. We will head toward Disney Junior Live right around 7pm. Did we exchange numbers yet? I can text you when we are on our way and we can all keep in touch to meet up! I'll PM ya.

Wait! What? Free chocolate with DVC membership? How did I not know this?

(OK, this is my fault for not reading all the brochures!)

:rotfl: YES! FREE CHOCOLATE! You get one of those Ghirardelli squares - from what I know you walk into the shop part, not the ice cream store area. I'm not exactly sure how it all works because we've never done it, but I've read about it! :goodvibes I was just trying to Google exactly where to find it, and I can't - but it seems anyone can get the free chocolate! :woohoo:

Ok I'm all caught up and now VERY HUNGRY. lol

I remember the campfire with Chip and Dale from when I was a kid and it's one of my fondest Disney memories.

If you are planning on riding ponies make sure you're there early. I think it closes really early like 4pm or so.

I'm jealous of your trip to the Space Center. We can't fit it in this trip but WILL be going in 2012. Such a fun place!

Good to know about the pony rides! I'm not entirely certain Henry would go for this, he's pretty timid in general, but sometimes he has his moments where he's brave! If we go over there I'll show him the horses and suggest it, if he gets interested we can always come back another day if they are already closed. :thumbsup2

I'll check out those other places. We actually have breakfast scheduled at Ohana'. Thanks about the info on the coupons.

Our sons sound so similar. We tried the reward thing, with some nice rewards. And he did it a total of like 3 times. No big incentive for him. But what happened was he had gone outside with his cousins to play on the slip and slide. We hadn't brought little swimmers, so he just had on trunks. He came in and changing clothes and he seemed like he needed to go, so I asked and he said yes, so I said run to the toilet and he did it and that was the beginning of it all. He had very few accidents after that point. But that was it. Those rewards were used to help him remember to go use the potty and really came in handy for the number 2 visits. If you know what I mean.

So it was really nothing that we did, it was all him. But enough potty talk. Back to me reading your update.

I am wondering if they have those coconut patties at the Seashore Sweets too at the Boardwalk...that place is full of yummies!

As for the potty training - I'm SO looking forward to that day when he decides to go for it! I ask him often, so one day he'll just say yes....I hope. :laughing:

haha sorry...I couldn't help myself. ;)

Brook...after reading your to-do list it reminds me I need to get my eyebrows waxed. I would like to get a pedicure but I tend to run over my own toes with the stroller. :laughing:

I decided to do a home-pedi, that way if it gets destroyed I won't feel like I wasted money! They are so cheap here, $12 around the corner and they do a GREAT job, but even still. $12 is like 4 Mickey bars. ;)

Oh You are all making me think that one afternoon in DTD is not going to be long enough. :lmao: I think DH needs to work more OT so I can check out the stores that I don't remember.

Please tell me what was not so great about Chef Mickey's for dinner? we have that scheduled for one of our nights, can't remember which at this point.

Brook, are you getting too excited to sleep yet? :woohoo::woohoo:

:laughing: there are sooooo many stores we never make it in either! I'm thinking we'll get at least two trips into DTD to cover the shops. We usually go late in the day too, I'm hoping to go in the late morning instead this trip, hopefully it will be less crowded too!

We ate dinner at Chef Mickey's back in 2008, so it was a while ago, and it was a later seating - I think around 8:30 pm? So, taking those things into account - the food was awful. Just bland and nothing tasted even remotely good! :sad2: I literally cannot remember one thing that I enjoyed. Even the broccoli was nasty. :confused3 However, I have read MANY positive reviews - so don't fret! Besides, the character experience was so amazing, it was worth it!

oh the parade sounds fun, I hope that works out so I can see pictures!

Teppan is a lot of fun, I bet Henry will LOVE it! I think it is SO cool that with DVC you can do DDP or DxDP for just part of your stay and not be tied to that for the whole trip. I would not have realized it were it not for the FB conversations on it and I think we're going to do it for a couple of days in May as a result! :cool1:

What this coupon talk though? Inquiring minds want to know....

It does look really cute! I found a fan site for the Port Orleans resorts and they had some pictures. They assign various CMs that work at the resort different themes and they decorate golf carts. It's pretty cute!

I think Henry will enjoy Teppan Edo! We used to do teppanyki fairly often back in MN, but we haven't gone once since we have lived here! :eek: I miss it! It's time! YUMMMMMMY.

I am excited about the perk about the DDP/DxDDP thing for DVCers! I'm a tad nervous about something getting screwed up...but hopefully it goes smoothly. I like that you can make the credit overlap to the next day too, so you can stretch out your credits.

Coupon - various CS places are giving a coupon on the bottom of your receipt for 20% off various stores (like the Emporium) to be used only during certain times, in the AM. Tim used that one for 20% off the Dooney for his wife. :thumbsup2

Tappan Edo, love it! We ate there for the first time in August and really enjoyed ourselves. There was a family from Quebec at our table, the kids only spoke French but it was fun to try to talk with them. :goodvibes
You are soooo close!!! I love your list of things to do. I have to say I am jealous that you will be getting a pedicure... that means that your feet won't be all bundled up in cold weather shoes! :woohoo: We got iced in last night with some snow but it's melting now.
Do you think you might try a Kim Possible adventure? They were fun... I think Henry might like it with your help. It's fun to see different things that move and interact with the communicator. Germany was especially fun! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter