Two Weeks until Two Weeks! - Update 3/22 - NEW TR LINK!

fun fun and more fun!!!!! That's what I see

Hey, if you happen to take a picture of F&G coffee cups...I'd love to see what they have!

Fun fun fun and a Happy Birthday to EE to boot! I imagine it will be LOVELY with Henry being a hop, skip and a jump from the MK.

I can do that! (and might end up buying one for myself :laughing:)

It's so hard to believe this adventure starts in just 6 days. It feels totally surreal! I have a feeling I'm going to get spoiled by being so close to the parks on this trip. :rolleyes:

BLT, Magic Kingdom a stone's throw away (okay, maybe a bit farther :rotfl:...but still :goodvibes), an almost empty park with rides on EE and LEAVING IN ONE WEEK??? Life is GOOD! :woohoo::yay::woohoo:

Isn't it awesome?! The EE Event was a total surprise that I saw and it just happened to work with our trip. So, so exciting!

Hi there, I loved your last TR and can't wait for this one!

:thumbsup2

Hello! :welcome: Thank you!!! I'm really excited to write the next report, and reallyyyyyy plan to take notes all week! :laughing:

I'm pretty sure Jojo & Goliath are gone too. They needed to go though, they're not relative anymore!:laughing:

I'm going to do some more DVC research. Thanks for the information!

Ya, you're famous Brook, even my DH knows who you are!:laughing: Sigh, October seems to be drifting further and further away for me...

Ketchup on a hot dog? Oh girl, I ONLY put mustard on mine so I highly recommed that you eat your golden nuggets with it!:thumbsup2

Ok, that EE event sounds AMAZING! That's it, I'm hopping a plane to Florida and will meet you and Joe there! Oh, I'd love to ride it at night. And I'm sure the park will look incredible as well. Is there anything else special they're doing for it? Did you have to pay for your tickets?

Your welcome on the DVC! Let me know if you have any questions too. I'd say our only regret is not paying for it outright. We have a loan on it, which is expensive. When we add-on, we will pay outright for it, or know we can pay it off in just a couple payments. :goodvibes

You guys go once a year, right? Usually in October? You NEED to go this October to get back on the "routine". ::yes:: If you skip this October, then when will your next trip be? January again? It's too cold, October is perfect! You'll forever be thrown off your schedule if you skip this trip. Have you done that argument with your DH yet? :rotfl2:

I am a ketchup FIEND, so I naturally gravitate that way. The only hot dog I don't put ketchup on is a Chicago dog. Mustard only there. I will try with mustard though!!

Sounds fantastic about seeing you at the EE Event! :laughing: Wouldn't that be amazing? I haven't heard anything else that they are doing for the event, so no clue if other things will be open, live music, etc.? I hope so, but I'm not expecting anything but EE open. We will see! And nope, the tickets were FREE. You just have to be an Annual Passholder to get them/show it at the gate.

:yay::yay:wow how cool do to late hours at AK AND a Birthday EE ride. that sounds awesome! I can't wait to hear about it from you!

sigh less than 2 weeks....you are so close. :banana::banana:

AK at night is very cool - and almost creepy! I was disappointed there were no PM EMH during our entire trip (I wonder if they are taking them away altogether?), so I'm extra thrilled about this working out!

6 days to go!!!

That's cool that you were able to (after much perseverance) get tickets to that EE birthday event. I'm looking forward to your report on that.

I clicked forever it seemed. While I was making lunch, while I was eating lunch, after I put Henry down for nap....click, error. Click, error. Click, error. :headache: But, it did pay off! It will be kind of a neat experience, even if it's only EE open.

Staying at BLT will be lots of fun! Even if you don't get a view of the MK, you can always head up to the Top of the World Lounge to watch the fireworks.

Celebrating EE's fifth year will be a blast!!! How neat that you were able to get tickets to it! :thumbsup2

Oh yes! We plan on hitting the Top of the World Lounge at least once for the fireworks. We are excited about that!! I want to see them from so many places, I think I'll have to watch Wishes every single night. :laughing:

I'm with C the more and more I hear about BLT the more and more I really can't wait to stay there!!!! I will get there one day!!!!

BW and BLT, it doesn't get much better than that!!!

OOOOH the EE event, I have to tell you I got my Monitor in the mail yesterday and I saw that event and I was wondering if you knew about it and if you were going to go!! I'm so glad you did YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! You guys will have a great time!! Parks at night are amazing!!

I will be sure to report back with lots of BLT pics and our overall opinion of it! I am thinking we'll love it - I'm not excited about the tiny room size, but everything else will make up for that I think!

I still haven't gotten my Mickey Monitor in the mail. :sad2: But thankfully I just stumbled across a thread on it a while ago on another message board! How rare that a special event just happens to fall during our trip!!!

I am so excited for you. I am in deep Disney withdrawal after all the trips last year.

No PM EMH at All during a whole 2 weeks ???:confused: That seems odd.

Maybe they have "stuff" going on at the park after hours that they can't hold them for a while.

Pictures Pictures Pictures girl. All of us stuck at home want to experience your trip. :cool1:

I think the Yeti was moving a bit too much. I read somwhere that there are 3 "foundations", one for the mountain, one for the track and train, and one for the Yeti and non of them can touch or interfere with the others. Apparently the Yeti movement is either touching or impacting the other foundations.

I hope Disney engineering can come up with a solution so the Yeti can be restored the "A" mode of scaring the bejebus out of everyone.

My DH has never seen it swipe. He thought the strobe was interesting but when I told him it does more he was like "What more can it do?"
I think when I told it comes and swipes at you as you exit the tunnel he may have commented that he was a little glad it didn't do that.:laughing:

Two Weeks from Today...March 6.

The alarm clock will be beeping very early in my ear this morning. I'll rise up, get ready and head down to the BLT lobby to await for a van to pick me up.

Where am I headed?

To the Car Care Center.

Why?

Because we have a rental car! We are going OFF-SITE today!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Universal? No.
Seaworld? No.
Bush Gardens? No.

The only off-site place we have gone before? YES!

Kennedy Space Center!

Geeks to the core!!!!!

Kennedy opens at 9:00 am and is just over an hour away from WDW. We will try to get there as early as we can. Last trip we arrived around 11:30, and left at closing - it wasn't enough time!

The drive itself will be a thrill for Henry. He loves to ride in cars since it doesn't happen very often anymore! :laughing:

Once at KSC

561021145_7QeLm-O.jpg

We will repeat many of things we have already seen, like the

561021241_XcFe2-O.jpg

Rocket Garden

561021349_nYcRd-O.jpg

the playground

561021383_WAAWR-O.jpg

the shuttle you can walk into

561021496_BSpxj-O.jpg

and under!

Joe will probably want to ride
561021535_uEHy6-O.jpg

It's a lot like Mission: Space, but Joe says overall experience M:S is better because it's better themed.

561021695_vq8em-O.jpg

We will shop, they have some neat stuff - and Henry will probably want a little space suit. And we'll probably fork over the $$. :rolleyes:

One thing we will SURELY do is take the bus tour. It takes you past the Vehicle Assembly Building

561021931_6YiRT-O.jpg

and to viewing towers where you can see the launch pads

561021817_ESPkK-O.jpg

There was a shuttle on the pad last time we went - it's that orangish/red bit sticking out there.

The second stop on the bus tour is the Saturn V building. We spent a lot of time here last trip.

561022072_iwXDG-O.jpg

This room is set up to look just like a control room and you sit in bleachers and watch a "launch". It's incredibly LOUD and the room shakes - it's very realistic and amazing!

And hopefully Henry won't cry and scream this time. :rolleyes1 He loves space, shuttles, astronauts, etc. (hence the reason we chose KSC again for a visit!), and I've prepared him about this room, so I think we'll be okay, he'll probably love it!

After that experience you are let into a room with the Saturn V RIGHT THERE.

561022116_xfKxG-O.jpg

It takes up the entire room! It's amazing!

Also in this building are other exhibits and interesting factoids - and a gift shop. ;)

Last trip we also went to see the Hubble exhibit, which was really breathtaking. It's also when I started to get tired and act a bit ridiculous...

561022808_Qe25N-O.jpg

561022885_iTq35-O.jpg

:rolleyes1

We wandered through a few other buildings as well.

561023073_qXLhv-O.jpg

Henry and I in a moon buggy. He has seen this pic and wants to sit in it again - he talks about it every few days!

Last trip we missed out on the IMAX films because Henry was at a age where he wouldn't sit still, and would often cry during 3D movies. They have "Hubble 3D" and "Space Station 3D", both sound interesting, and I'm sure we will do at least one of them!

Also included is admission to the Astronaut Hall of Fame, located down the road from KSC. We did not make it here last time (other than to quickly run in, make a purchase and run out), but would really like to this time! It has some interactive exhibits, like feeling what it's like to walk on the moon, that sound incredible.

Everything is really fascinating at KSC. It's more Joe's thing, but I truly enjoyed myself and look forward to our return! KSC really makes ya think. It makes you realize how big, and fascinating, our universe is. The Hubble exhibit really tweaks with your head. It's intense!

KSC closes at 6 pm and the Hall of Fame at 7 pm. Think we can do it all??? Let's hope so!

One thing we will NOT be repeating is the run-in with the armed guard and GHETTO GAS! :rotfl:

ETA: And if you remember that report, the crows better not eat the food from my hand this time either! :scared1: LOL!

Great way to spend a day away from Disney! And look at little Henry! How much he has grown!

I am so excited for you. I am in deep Disney withdrawal after all the trips last year.

No PM EMH at All during a whole 2 weeks ???:confused: That seems odd.

Maybe they have "stuff" going on at the park after hours that they can't hold them for a while.

Pictures Pictures Pictures girl. All of us stuck at home want to experience your trip. :cool1:

I think the Yeti was moving a bit too much. I read somwhere that there are 3 "foundations", one for the mountain, one for the track and train, and one for the Yeti and non of them can touch or interfere with the others. Apparently the Yeti movement is either touching or impacting the other foundations.

I hope Disney engineering can come up with a solution so the Yeti can be restored the "A" mode of scaring the bejebus out of everyone.

My DH has never seen it swipe. He thought the strobe was interesting but when I told him it does more he was like "What more can it do?"
I think when I told it comes and swipes at you as you exit the tunnel he may have commented that he was a little glad it didn't do that.:laughing:

Are you going to have a ticker soon? Or is your only trip NYE this year?

It is odd that there is no PM EMH, that's what made me wonder if they were doing away with it. :confused: Or it could be "stuff" going on too...who knows! I hope they aren't doing away with them! The park IS open until 6 or even 7 some of those nights though, as regular hours, so perhaps that is why. Who knows.

Don't worry about pictures - there will be PLENTY I'm sure. I'm actually a bit concerned about how many we might take and filling up our hard drive. :rotfl: We usually take about 2,000 in a week....

Interesting about the foundations! I hadn't read that. I wonder if they just need to tweak it a bit? I'm guessing it would require downtime, which is hard to do because of the minimal rides already at AK. Oh, I would love to see him in A Mode again!! LOL about your DH though! It's so cool, I'm sure he would love it if he saw it!

Great way to spend a day away from Disney! And look at little Henry! How much he has grown!

As I typed the update and did some of the research and planning I got more and more excited about our day at KSC! Henry is just going to love it. He'll be amazed at the giant shuttles and everything I'm sure!!!

And yes, hasn't time gone by so quickly since then? He was 16 months old there, now 3.5.

:rotfl2: OMG, I remember ghetto gas!!! Please do NOT repeat that whatever you do!!!

So excited for your trip. And what better evidence of how epic this trip is going to be than that it got MEK to join FB! :laughing:

Oh, cool!! I want to go to the Space Center!

It is really a lot of fun! I would recommend it to anyone who is even slightly interested in space.

:rotfl2: OMG, I remember ghetto gas!!! Please do NOT repeat that whatever you do!!!

So excited for your trip. And what better evidence of how epic this trip is going to be than that it got MEK to join FB! :laughing:

When we first made the plans for KSC, Joe jokingly threw out going to Sonic again. I vetoed that IMMEDIATELY! :lmao: No way am I even going close to all that again!

It's it hilarious that she joined FB to follow along with my trip???! I better deliver, that's some serious pressure. :rotfl:

I can't believe how close your trip is getting! I'm curious to hear how the split stay works out. The longest I've ever been to Disney is a week but I got so comfortable in my room at the Contemporary I just can't imagine switching mid trip! But maybe someday I'll want to try it. ;)

Just fyi, I'm sitting out on my friend's apartment's fire escape in the Upper East Side as I type this. We've been having a blast in NYC - eating lots of pizza and cheesecake! We headed over to the Disney Store in Times Square. Do you ever face the crowds to check that out or do you save all your Disney energy for the Parks?

Also, she lives right next to The Barking Dog! I don't know if it's the same one you go to but I was very excited to see it and we're eating there for breakfast tomorrow!

Can't wait for this trip of yours to get started!

Are you going to have a ticker soon? Or is your only trip NYE this year?

I will have a Oct trip. I hope. I am already booked at All stars for Sept 29th ish through Oct 2 or 3rd. My conference starts the 3rd so between the 5K I want to do and what else is going on I will fly over to New Orleans that Monday i guess. Nothing is in sstone yet and I have not even been approved for vacation yet so it is all mushy at the moment.Mushier than I like but I have a room at a great rate - even though it is not POP( my first choice) but for the 5k I get transportation from ASSP

I want to get a room for NYE but I really have to figure out if anyone in my family wants to go. I guess I should just ask. ;) I figure unless I go alone i will have to leave Jan 1st so maybe alone would be better??? I have to book a room before they are all gone. :rotfl:

It is odd that there is no PM EMH, that's what made me wonder if they were doing away with it. :confused: Or it could be "stuff" going on too...who knows! I hope they aren't doing away with them! The park IS open until 6 or even 7 some of those nights though, as regular hours, so perhaps that is why. Who knows.

If the park is open until 6 or 7 then you really don't need EMH. Summer time Park was open regular hours until 7 and then there was EMH until 10. Maybe they will add some if crowds dictate they should. :confused3

When we first made the plans for KSC, Joe jokingly threw out going to Sonic again. I vetoed that IMMEDIATELY! :lmao: No way am I even going close to all that again!

I was wondering if you would go back. Now you know they way, and hopefully Henry will not be sick.
You can get a better memory of Sonic. :idea:

You know what's funny....after reading the couple responses already here on this topic and debating back and forth with Joe...we decided just about exactly what you wrote here! (Which makes me smile, because seriously, woman-you are so organized and smart with this stuff! :thumbsup2) We will have enough stuff to get us through the day (suits, extra shirt for H, etc.) and plan on luggage arriving late. We will have plenty to do right there in the BLT area between the Community Hall, the other monorail resorts and the pool. I think we will be okay! Thank you, as always, for your excellent advice Heidi!

Aw thanks Brook! You made my day :flower3:

The evening EMH for AK were on the schedule 6 months ago (when I was first planning my trip) But then they canceled them. I'm wondering if they are only going to have them in the summer now....or just extend the regular hours for everyone???

About the Yeti -- my understanding is that the problem is not a mechanical one with the Yeti himself but a structural problem with the base that he stands on. I guess it couldn't take the shaking and what not from the roller coaster and the Yeti's movements. EE was made in 3 parts: the roller coaster, the mountain and the Yeti...none of them touch but they are within inches of each other in some places. My personal belief is that Disney knows how they want to try to fix it but it's going to take a long time to do it so they are waiting until the roller coaster part needs a rehab and do them at the same time.

So fun that you are going back to KSC! I went there in 1984 (?) and it's nothing like it was back then....so much to see and do. I was watching a show on Mission Control (pre-shuttle) so cool....I always forget how interesting it all is.

Hi Brook! So exciting to see 6 days on your ticker!!! It is coming so quickly! I have been inspired and have a youtube area loop music video going on right now.. can you tell I am missing Disney?? :sad1:
You guys are going to have such a wonderful time! KSC will be an adventure this time with Henry being older. I bet he will love of the space things to interact with. :goodvibes
It's funny how you said he likes to go in car because he doesn't much anymore. I hadn't really thought of that with you guys in NYC not needing a car.
I would imagine that each visit to Disney with Henry is special in its own way. Can't wait to hear about it all! :thumbsup2

Love KSC - and it's the ONLY carrot I have to entice DH to go back to Disney. He definitely wants to take the boys to KSC. I'm anxious to go back too, as last time I was 6 months pregnant, it was about 150 million degrees out, and there were about 150 million people there as it was a launch day. Despite all that, we still had a pretty good time, but I'm sure it will be much better without those factors to deal with! :rotfl:

All your plans sound great! About switching resorts - if you plan to be out at a park all day anyway (I can't remember what your plan was for that day), might as well let them take the luggage. Most likely it would be in the room by the time you get back. Maybe you could pack a backpack with an extra outfit for Henry and your bathing suits just in case...you could leave it at a locker in the park so you don't have to drag it around with you.

How cute that Henry enjoys riding in a car now!! :laughing: I never thought about that!!

I would be absolutely :hyper: to see a launch.... You are going to miss this one by just a few days....There is a launch in late April and I hope it gets moved to the beginning of May :rolleyes1 The closest I got to KSC was when we cruised past it on the Wonder :rolleyes: My cousin from Houston actually works for Nasa...I have the coolest picture from her of the shuttle piggybacked on a jet when it lands in Texas. :thumbsup2

Re: the luggage....I have done split stays and have always taken a cab....the rooms are rarely ready but just to know that my luggage is there with bell services and is at the resort makes me relieved :rolleyes1

Tracy

Oh my... Ghetto Gas is quite the story! That was my first time reading it and, I'm sorry, but I was in stitches! :rotfl2: Too funny! The poopy baby in the cooler aisle! :lmao:

I hope your trip to KSC ends better than last time! :goodvibes Sounds like a fun adventure for the day.

Hey Brook!

All caught up and the trip looks amazing. I can't believe you will be there for 2 weeks and am very jealous! I can't wait to see your pictures of BLT. Hav you looked at the weather report at all? Hopefully it willbe somewhat warm for you. Hope you have a great time!

BLT looks so cool! It would be really nice to be right there on the Monorail line. I'm sure Henry will like taking the Monorail frequently.

Animal Kingdom at night is always fun and the Expedition Everest party sounds like it would be great. :)

Ok so I've finally made my way through all your TRs and found my way here! Took me forever because of school but I have to say I used your TRs to procrastinate many times. :laughing: I go to school at Universal but don't worry, it's an animation and visual effects school so we're very Disney friendly. :thumbsup2 Love your style of writing and Henry is just too adorable! :goodvibes How awesome that you're leaving in just a matter of days for a 2 week vacation! I could definitely use one of those! Reading through all of your plans here and everything sounds great so far. I love KSC, so cool that you get to go back! Hopefully your KSC trip this time ends a little better than the last one. :laughing:

This is what I know about split stays and luggage.
All luggage transfers are done at 3:00 p.m.
and has to be delivered to the next resort by 4:00 p.m.
Check-out is at 11:00 a.m. at most resorts.
People think they can go to the next resort and check-in
early and think their luggage will be there, but it won't till 4:00.
So, if you want it by 4:00, you have to call for it and also tell
the luggage dept., your luggage is transferred. There are special
tags on your luggage.
We transferred a cooler with beer & snacks,
plus our luggage and the CM laughed at us
and didn't know if the beer would make it,
but everything came all intacked.

They will count all your luggage with you and then you sign.
They usually come within 15 minutes after you call-and
I'm pretty sure you have to be there, but I could be wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter