• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two weeks of Disney Dining June1-14

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry, I did not take photos of food but I greatly appretiate those who do. With 2 teens and 2 under 2 in our party our goal is to keep everyone seated and calm. In the coming days I will post more specific reviews of our sit down meals which were as follows:

Narcossee's
Boma x 2
Kona Cafe x2
Ohana
1900 Park Faire
Le Cellier
Coral Reef x 2
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Crystal Palace
Beaches and Cream

Counter Service
Wolfgang Puck Express
Casey's Corner
Tusker House
Flametree BBQ
Fish and Chips Stand at UK
Norway
Sunshine Seasons
Beachclub Marketplace
Hurricane Hannas
Cpt. Cooks
Various CS at water parks (teens)

I must say overall the TS were just okay with a few exceptions. Narcossees was such a wonderful experience we have decided to do a min of 2 Signature Restraurants on our next trip. Le Cellier was a good experience and the 2 character meals were surprisingly good. After Coral Reef being a standout from last years trip we found it only mediocare at best this trip and that was with 2 visits this trip. Although the new Jack Daniels Mousse dessert is great! The Kona Cafe also being one of our long time favorites was dimmed slightly in our eyes this trip, we ended up canceling our 3rd ressie there for later in the trip.

I must admit I may be about to jump on the "The DDP is affecting quality" band wagon.

I will start with the meal that impressed us all, Narcoossee's. We had 6 in our party myself, DH, sons (14 & 17), and DD's a freshly turned 2 and 6 months.

We had an adr for 6pm on a Sat. evening. I would love to dine here during Wishes but our DD's can't be up that late just yet and be pleasant.

Our server, was Harvey, who by far and away blew all other servers away. He was pleasant but not overly so and was just wonderful. We started with an appletini and I don't remember what the husband had but appes were crab cakes x 2, calamari, and chilled rock shrimp. The crab cakes served with Remoulade and Frisee slaw were great, alot of crab. The calamari was a little more on the chewy side than I expected and the rock shrimp were great, three very large shrimp served with a cucumber avocado salsa. The three men in the group all had the surf and turf. I had the filet but requested scallops instead of the standard lobster tail. The scallops were fabulous as was the filet. The men all enjoyed the filet and lobster. The steaks were all ordered medium and all were cooked as ordered. Desserts: Almond-crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce, best cheesescake I have had in years! The teens ordered the Warm Chocolate Almond Gateau - with vanilla bean whipped cream, I must admit looked great but I had had enough chocolate at this point in the trip. Our 2 yr old DD ordered a burger and applesause which she enjoyed.

We were on the DDP. This meal required 8 credits. Our 2 yr old's meals were paid OOP. Our total including drinks, her child's meal, and extra tip for Harvey was alittle over $435.

By far the best meal of the trip! Everyone rated this meal a 9.5.

Next up Le Cellier

Appetizers
Shrimp Cocktail w/ wasabi slaw and horseradish chili sauce

Three of us ordered this and really enjoyed it. This is a staple item for our group, I still miss the old presentation in the chinese take out box.

Duck Two Ways - duck confit and seared smoked duck breast with Chambord syrup

My husband ordered the duck and ate every bite.

Entrees
DS#2 Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - Baby Bella wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce, topped with fried parsnips

DS#1 14 oz. New York Strip Steak - with balsamic red onions, watercress, and roasted Yukon gold potatoes, and finished with veal demi glace

Myself and DH, 7 oz. Filet Mignon - glazed with maple barbecue sauce and accompanied by cream cheese mashed potatoes

All of us enjoyed our steaks, the mashed potatoes were fabulous. I tried the risotto and I have determined I am not a risotto kind of girl.

We were all stuffed at this point and requested our desserts to go so we all selected the Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake - chocolate cake brushed with Canadian whiskey, layered with chocolate mousse, finished with tarragon anglaise, topped with a chocolate curl . We felt it would travel best. I must say it was quite the dissappointment to an otherwise very good meal. The cake was horribly dry!! I was sad to see the strawberry dessert that was on the menu was no longer there.

Good food and great service. We will give this an 8, the cake was bad.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! I am relieved to read that Narcoossee's was a good experience. We will be celebrating my birthday there in September and I will need a good experience to dull the pain! :laughing:

Great reviews. We also love Narcoossee's and dining there has become a tradition for us. I also agree with your husband about the duck at LeCellier - it was fabulous. My husband ordered that on our last visit and he gave me one bite, just one. I guess I was lucky to get that because the plate was clean when he finished. I hope it is still on the menu when we get there in November.

Sorry all for the delay but I have been working this weekend. I will add a quick one but sad to say one of the more dissappointing of the trip.

Beaches and Cream

We have long been devote lovers of BC. We loved the burgers, we loved the ice cream, we just loved it. However, this trip not so much. We loved the ice cream, the No Way Jose is so worth going there that its just not funny but the burgers were just not that great this trip. They were average. We all had burgers, the 14 yr old and I split because thats just to much food. My 17 yr old son only ate half of his burger and then said it just wasn't appetizing. I ate about half of my half. The burger was just not nearly as good as they have been in the past. The onion rings were great. The ice cream fabulous!!! Our rating:5, I have always felt this place was way over priced and now that the burgers aren't barely edible its score will reflect. However, the ice cream gets them the 5. Will we return? Yes and we did even after this expereince on this trip. But we only ordered a No Way Jose and 2 Mudslides. That visit gets a 9.

Thanks for the reviews. I look forward to the rest. We are going to Le Cellier
in Dec. I can't wait.

I will start with the meal that impressed us all, Narcoossee's. We had 6 in our party myself, DH, sons (14 & 17), and DD's a freshly turned 2 and 6 months.

We had an adr for 6pm on a Sat. evening. I would love to dine here during Wishes but our DD's can't be up that late just yet and be pleasant.

Our server, was Harvey, who by far and away blew all other servers away. He was pleasant but not overly so and was just wonderful.
By far the best meal of the trip! Everyone rated this meal a 9.5.

we had Harvey too..he was wonderful for us as well. It will be hard not to go back to Narcossees in Dec...as there are alot of other restaurants we want to try..but it was just so good :) great reviews by the way!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter