• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two-way Radio Recommendation

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I just read the post on the sale on the Uniden radios. Our radios died during our last visit to the parks. Can you recommend any radios?

Thanks and have a great night.

Unless your willing to pay to have your own frequency, 2 way radios are a waste of money to me.

If you have a cell phone services from Verizon, Nextel, or Sprint all offer a 2 way option on select cell phones.

I was planning on getting a set for our trip in November. Is there a problem receiving a signal. Or do you get interference in the park.

Does anyone else have experience with using theses radios in the park.

Any help is appreciated either for or against.

Thanks

Originally posted by mjkwt
I was planning on getting a set for our trip in November. Is there a problem receiving a signal. Or do you get interference in the park.

Does anyone else have experience with using theses radios in the park.

Any help is appreciated either for or against.

Thanks

There is a whole lot of interferences going on. People playing on them. It was just too much trouble last summer. Cell phones are the best means of communicating PERIOD. unless your willing to pay for your own frequency there not worth it!!!

I tend to agree with using cell phones. I have a two-mile range walkie-talkie that I tried at the MK last year. The reception was bad with lots of interference. As an example, standing by Tony's at the beginning of Main Street I was barely able to communicate with my son who was at Casey's Corner, easily within 2 blocks. They did work fine from our room to the pool but the theme parks were difficult.

If you do a search on "radios" there have been several threads recently on two-way radios in the parks. We bought the Motorola's with 5-mile radius and are hoping they work out. Good luck! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter