Two Waitlists.....

pjzkent

Mouseketeer
I made an Oct reservation right at 7 months for OKW since that was all that was available, and waitlisted for a AKV at the same time. We have had to modify our stay, and now need 6 nights instead of 7. Should I keep the original waitlist since it has been there longer, then modify the days if it comes through? Or should I make a whole new waitlist for the new dates? Or keep the original + make the new one and have 2 active waitlists? I am not sure what kind of priority if any the older waitlist will have. I currently have the 2 waitlists set up, but am afraid by some weird circumstance they both come through and I end up with a bunch of borrowed points I can't do anything with.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, we have gotten lucky the only 2 times we needed to waitlist and they came through, just haven't seen availability this bad for Fall Break in all the years we have been going. Of course, the school district changed our FB weeks and this year it begins with Columbus Day when we normally don't arrive until the week after:eek::eek::eek:

Personally, I'd just adjust the waitlist because needed 7 nights is going to be very hard to fill anyway, so I don't think bumping to the end of the line because you changed to 6 is going to make that much difference. Remember, they fill wait lists not only based on when you went on them, but by what matches. So, you could be 1st in line with the 7 nights, but if 20 people behind you only have a few night WL, and those nights become available, they won't hold them to fill yours, but jump you and fill the ones after you.

If you keep it, just be sure to set it to end at 31 days, since it'd be more points than you need. This way, you won't end up with holding points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter