Two trips... one memory maker?

unbeknownst

Mouseketeer
Hi!

I'm hoping someone has an answer to this - the phone CM didn't seem to know. I am going to Disney World in April. I didn't buy memory maker. I booked another trip for June-July and it came with a free memory maker. The memory maker is already appearing on my account.

Is the memory maker somehow tied to the July trip? Or could I use it on the April trip and buy a new one for July?

If I decide I want to save it for July, how does that work?

I would love to know the answer to this question. I have a trip in 8 days and another one in May. I wish there was someway to combine the two trips into one memory maker purchase.

I'm pretty sure that once you add the first picture, you have 30 days to continue to add pictures.

I'm pretty sure that once you add the first picture, you have 30 days to continue to add pictures.

Once you DOWNLOAD you first picture you have thirty days to add additional photos. Doesn't matter when you add your first picture.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Once you DOWNLOAD you first picture you have thirty days to add additional photos. Doesn't matter when you add your first picture. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pretty sure that's not right. You can add pictures for 30 days, and they will be there available for download for 30 days unless you pay for an extension.

The extension is only for downloading the pictures, not adding additional time to take them (ie bridging two trips out of the 30 day range)

Once you DOWNLOAD you first picture you have thirty days to add additional photos. Doesn't matter when you add your first picture.

You know, that is what it says on the website, but it doesn't make sense to me. Why would I add more photos once I've downloaded the first one? Don't you download the pictures after you get home?

You know, that is what it says on the website, but it doesn't make sense to me. Why would I add more photos once I've downloaded the first one? Don't you download the pictures after you get home?

I think it is a bad phrasing on the part of Disney. The FAQs state "Once you download the first photo—or otherwise redeem your Memory Maker purchase—you then have 30 days to capture more photos." (bolding mine)

Pictures are only available for 45 days (I think I said 30 earlier, but I was working off memory) unless you pay for an extension for them. The 30 days start after first download or redemption. My guess is you could download the stock photos before you leave for your trip, which would start the 30 day countdown. Otherwise, it is when the first picture is taken (the MM is being "redeemed").

Hmmm, so my first photo of my last trip was on February 25 (and expires on April 11th), so if I wait and download them on April 10th, I can still get more photos added to this current Memory Makers purchase for 30 more days so until May 10th, and use it for my April 25 - May 3rd trip?

I was thinking I'd have to buy another MM package, but when I went to download the pics I saw the "30 days from download" verbiage and immediately came here to see if I could get away without having to purchase another MM package for my next trip. That would be AWESOME!!

Well I'm a local and so I would easily add photos after downloading.

Also a lot of people are impatient and download their photos the first day while they're on the trip.

I think it is a bad phrasing on the part of Disney. The FAQs state "Once you download the first photo—or otherwise redeem your Memory Maker purchase—you then have 30 days to capture more photos." (bolding mine)

I agree. The question is "How long can I capture photos at Walt Disney World Resort with my Memory Maker purchase?" The answer should say something like, "Once you've taken your first picture, you have X number of days to add pictures to your account." If the clock doesn't start ticking on adding pictures until you start downloading, it should actually say that. It sounds then that the clock doesn't start ticking on adding pictures until you start downloading them, which means that pilotwife_02's thinking is correct.

Bumping this.
Has anyone taken 2 trips close together to give feed back on this?
We just got back from a big family trip 9/18-9/26. DH and I are going back 10/16-10/21 and are mostly focusing on F&WF so I wasn't planning to but MM again but if I can use my previous one that would be great. Do I take my previous Magic Band, just use Photo Pass cards then link or is the a better way? Or will we not be able to add pictures past 10/18?
Thanks!

Bumping this.
Has anyone taken 2 trips close together to give feed back on this?
We just got back from a big family trip 9/18-9/26. DH and I are going back 10/16-10/21 and are mostly focusing on F&WF so I wasn't planning to but MM again but if I can use my previous one that would be great. Do I take my previous Magic Band, just use Photo Pass cards then link or is the a better way? Or will we not be able to add pictures past 10/18?
Thanks!

As was stated above, the 30 day clock on adding pictures doesn't start until you download your first picture. If you haven't started yet, then your whole trip will be covered, no problem. The only thing to keep in mind though is that pictures expire 45 days after they're taken. There's nothing "on" a Magic Band - it's just a link to access what's on your MDE account, so it doesn't matter if you use the old one, new one or both.

As was stated above, the 30 day clock on adding pictures doesn't start until you download your first picture. If you haven't started yet, then your whole trip will be covered, no problem. The only thing to keep in mind though is that pictures expire 45 days after they're taken. There's nothing "on" a Magic Band - it's just a link to access what's on your MDE account, so it doesn't matter if you use the old one, new one or both.
Great thanks! I wasn't completely sure with the debate above if it was truly 30 days from download or what. I'll download today and should be fine for next month :-)

Anyone know how much an extension costs and for how long is the extension? I have a trip that starts Nov. 15, 2015 and I have another trip that is Jan. 25 - Jan. 31, 2016. If my math is correct, the lat day of my second trip would be 78 days later. (so if I waited to the 45 day mark I would have 30 more days to add pictures which gets me to 75 days. If I request an extension and don't start downloading till later then I would likely have longer than 78 days to add pictures.)

I wasn't planning on buying memory maker for the first trip as it is only a few days long but now I'm re-thinking that if it is possible to use the memory maker for both trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter