Two trips are better than one! A June and September 2016 PTR-new trip report link

I know, right?? I feel like making a reservation at the BW should come with a disclaimer. "Please be aware of the creepy clown pool on premises before committing to a reservation" :rotfl2:

They should sell creepy clown merchandise. Heck, I'd buy a keychain.

They should sell creepy clown merchandise. Heck, I'd buy a keychain.

Ohmygosh you are so right!! I know my DH would totally buy something too! He has spent some time being a professional clown and would love it. Yes I married a clown. For real. :laughing:
They are totally missing out on great merchandising! :clown:

HI All!
We are back from Portland and wanted to share just a few pics I was able to get. We had a great trip but it was mostly filled with class time. 3 days of classes from 9:00 to 5:30 didn't allow for much sightseeing, but what we did see of Oregon was just beautiful! We most definately want to go back someday, just to explore.

image.jpeg

Taken from the plane....well obviously from the wing photobombing the shot. I am not sure what Mt. This is..maybe @Steppesister can help me out??

image.jpeg
Stealth photo taken from a moving car...

Sorry my pics are huge, continued on next page as I seem to have run out of picture space for his post!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Unfortunately my photo of Monmouth Falls was "too big" so I had to borrow one from Google Images, but mine looks similar to this one, it's just spectacular there! Wish we had more time in Portland to play but alas, it gives us something to look forward to next time!

Oh and guess what tomorrow is???

ONE YEAR TO GO!!!
giphy.gif

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 1
Taken from the plane....well obviously from the wing photobombing the shot. I am not sure what Mt. This is..maybe @Steppesister can help me out??

Hmm... my hubby who has climbed nearly every peak in the PNW needs a bit more info. Are you landing? Taking off? Can you remember what time of day it was and where the sun was?? We *think* it is Rainier (Beeeeer.....(if you're not from the PNW, you won't get that.)), but could be Jefferson, if you're flying north and that's the Willamette and not the Columbia. Definitely NOT Hood, the Sisters, or St. Helens.

So you DID get to see the Gorge! I ADORE driving through there (we just did in July going to our vacay from Hell). It's stunning! Did you stop at the Crown Lookout above the walls? Isn't Multnomah amazing? Last time we stopped and ate lunch there at the Lodge. So, see, now you know why Wilderness Lodge just doesn't appeal to me. I see that style a lot. While not ho-hum, kinda been there and still do that.

I wished I'd known you were coming. I'd have met you up there! And taken you to Voodoo Doughnuts. ;)

Hmm... my hubby who has climbed nearly every peak in the PNW needs a bit more info. Are you landing? Taking off? Can you remember what time of day it was and where the sun was?? We *think* it is Rainier (Beeeeer.....(if you're not from the PNW, you won't get that.)), but could be Jefferson, if you're flying north and that's the Willamette and not the Columbia. Definitely NOT Hood, the Sisters, or St. Helens.

So you DID get to see the Gorge! I ADORE driving through there (we just did in July going to our vacay from Hell). It's stunning! Did you stop at the Crown Lookout above the walls? Isn't Multnomah amazing? Last time we stopped and ate lunch there at the Lodge. So, see, now you know why Wilderness Lodge just doesn't appeal to me. I see that style a lot. While not ho-hum, kinda been there and still do that.

I wished I'd known you were coming. I'd have met you up there! And taken you to Voodoo Doughnuts. ;)

We were landing, about 6:30 pm, have no idea where the sun was :rolleyes1 I can tell you this was the first peak of three that we saw in a chain of three, as we were decending towards the airport, the last being St. Helen's I believe because it had no top :). I DO remember Rainier beer commercials!!! Too funny. We would get them here in Co! I'm pretty sure it was the Columbia.

Yes! The gorge is beautiful! We weren't able to do the hike up to the top of the falls since we had to get back to the airport to turn our car in for the night. We had a 5:30 am flight Monday morning :guilty: and had to turn in the rental the night before.

Funny story about Voodoo Donughts, I actually went to high school with one of the guys who started Voodoo, Tres Shannon!! Small world, ain't it? He was always pretty eccentric! Sadly didn't make it there either :sad: so much on the wish list for next time! I'd love to meet you too!! Wish it wasn't such a " work" trip!

Last edited:

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Monmouth falls looks beautiful.
And Woot!!! for one year!

We were landing, about 6:30 pm, have no idea where the sun was :rolleyes1 I can tell you this was the first peak of three that we saw in a chain of three, as we were decending towards the airport, the last being St. Helen's I believe because it had no top :). I DO remember Rainier beer commercials!!! Too funny. We would get them here in Co! I'm pretty sure it was the Columbia.

Could have been Jefferson or Hood then. Just really not sure. Hmmm?

Yes! The gorge is beautiful! We weren't able to do the hike up to the top of the falls since we had to get back to the airport to turn our car in for the night. We had a 5:30 am flight Monday morning :guilty: and had to turn in the rental the night before.

Well, there's always next time! Sometimes it's good to have an excuse to make a trip back!

Funny story about Voodoo Donughts, I actually went to high school with one of the guys who started Voodoo, Tres Shannon!! Small world, ain't it? He was always pretty eccentric! Sadly didn't make it there either :sad: so much on the wish list for next time! I'd love to meet you too!! Wish it wasn't such a " work" trip!

That is really funny!! I could have totally guessed that the founders/owners would be a little (or a lot) on the eccentric side! YES! Let's make it a plan! Lots to see and do in Portland, or we'd love to have you over for dinner. :)

Thanks! Funny how we celebrate a year to go! It seems like such a long way away :laughing:

Mine's coming up too in 9 days!! Super excited to have a Dancing Banana Man party!

What beautiful scenery in Portland! I've never been as well but DH went on a fishing trip there and said it was really pretty.
Did you eat some good food in Portland? Heard the food there is amazing and a strong food truck culture is present as well.

As for the extra night stay...I would love to stay in any of the resorts you mentioned. Maybe for this trip, since you're staying at the Poly, to stay at WL just because it's the most convenient to actually switch resorts (if you didn't want to take a cab). Otherwise, a cab would probably be the right way to switch depending on how many bags you're bringing. I'd love to see what you thought of the Hoop Dee Doo! I have never been.

That bridge, though...
spfi6nabVuq5y.gif

I take it you don't like bridges!? :rotfl: It does look pretty darn scary from the ground!

Did you eat some good food in Portland? Heard the food there is amazing and a strong food truck culture is present as well.

We did find a great sushi place that only does sustainable fish. I LOVE sushi!!! Yes, Portland does have a huge food truck scene, we unfortunately didn't have much time to explore it though. :sad1:

As for the extra night stay...I would love to stay in any of the resorts you mentioned. Maybe for this trip, since you're staying at the Poly, to stay at WL just because it's the most convenient to actually switch resorts (if you didn't want to take a cab). Otherwise, a cab would probably be the right way to switch depending on how many bags you're bringing. I'd love to see what you thought of the Hoop Dee Doo! I have never been.

Ummmm, funny you should mention Wilderness Lodge.... I just so happened to book a 4 night quick trip at the beginning of June at the Lodge!:goodvibes My son and I decided to take a short mother/son trip for our birthdays in June, I'm considering it a warm up for my trip at the end of next September. :bitelip: So I think I may just be adding a night to our Poly reservation in September as opposed to switching resorts after one night.

I'm hoping the construction at the lodge doesn't get too obnoxious, my son and I decided it wouldn't be too much of a bother since we will have long park days, so I'll keep an eye on the construction updates! Otherwise we will switch over to the YC, which was his second choice......the kid's got good taste!!:cool2:

Ummmm.... we really need to chat more about what a DISMeet might look like. Others are also on board, so if you're up for it, you're IN!

Yes! I'm in with the IN crowd! :teeth: :cool1: Would love to be included in a DISMeet if I can make it work!! keep me posted or feel free to PM me if you've got somethin' cookin!

Yes! I'm in with the IN crowd! :teeth: :cool1: Would love to be included in a DISMeet if I can make it work!! keep me posted or feel free to PM me if you've got somethin' cookin!

Oh, Dearie..... we have some fun things cookin'!!!! So far, I've got some plans for a dinner at The Edison, my BIG Celebration thingy at the FF, some time at BOTH Trader Sam's and Yeehaw Bob (because who doesn't like embarrassing pictures doing a Conga Line?), and of course some Park time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter