Two things before you die....

Great question!

1. I'd want to be on Amazing Race with my oldest son.

2. Pass on everything I've learned in my lifetime to my grandson (who already thinks I know everything!). I'd probably do this in scrapbook or letter form for when he's older.

Realistically:

1. Tour eastern Europe
2. Take a LOOOOOOONG vacation to WDW w/ my hubby

Unrealistically:

1. Sing "Habanera" in front of a full house and recieve and standing ovation, hee hee
2. Cook a huge meal w/ Rachael Ray and eat it with her (I know I know, stupid, but 30 Minute Meals got rid of the "chicken cook" in me and helped me get creative)

Just out of curiosity, why are some of you saying "have a child" if you know you'd be dying? That's actually one of my biggest fears in life -- leaving my kids.

Anyway, my choices:

1. Take a super long vacation to WDW and stay at every resort, working my way up from value to deluxe (AKL being last because I love it so much).

2. Spend time with friends and family and let them know how much I love them.

Marseeya, I was just thinking the same thing.

Sure, I have 5 years to live so I will have a child and leave them motherless. Come on!!

1.) Run a marathon
2.) Go on a nice long and expensive vacation with my wife and 2 DD's

1. Travel the world with my family (DH, DD, DS, and parents).

2. Finish my scrapbooks!................P

LindsayDunn228 said:

Sure, I have 5 years to live so I will have a child and leave them motherless. Come on!!

::yes::

I don't understand it (unless they're thinking they have 30 years to live, then it's different). I remember years ago this woman in the news who had one child and was told never to get pregnant again because it would kill her. What did she do? Went ahead and got pregnant, then died, leaving two kids motherless. She was being revered as being so noble, but what's noble about doing that to not one, but two kids AND a beloved husband? Anyway, I'm going OT, which I tend to do. ;)

LindsayDunn228 said:

I posted that because I misread the OP. I want to have children BEFORE I die, but not if I KNEW I was going to die. That's just selfish.

smilie said:
I posted that because I misread the OP. I want to have children BEFORE I die, but not if I KNEW I was going to die. That's just selfish.

That makes a lot more sense then! We need a smiley who's sighing in relief. :rotfl2:

Cruise Alaska
Spend as much time as possible with DD doing something speical she would always remember.

1. Give my cats to someone I trust

2. Make like Robin Hood and steal from the rich and give to the poor. Who cares if I get caught and do jail time if I'm gonna die anyway?

Spend a long passionate night with George Clooney

Have another child (preferably with George Clooney)

Just out of curiosity, why are some of you saying "have a child" if you know you'd be dying?

I read the original post as "IF you knew exactly when you would die, what two things would you want to do."

Had I not already raised my family, having children would be on my list--assuming that I had enough years to raise them to adulthood. Since there was no time limit, I see nothing wrong with "having children" as an answer.

To counter your question--why would ANYONE have children, as we're all in the process of dying anyway? When I gave birth to my children there was no guarantee I'd be there the next day. I still have no guarantee, so I guess the answer is to live your dreams now. Don't put them off. This is an interesting way to think about what your dreams might be.

inaminute said:
I read the original post as "IF you knew exactly when you would die, what two things would you want to do."

Had I not already raised my family, having children would be on my list--assuming that I had enough years to raise them to adulthood. Since there was no time limit, I see nothing wrong with "having children" as an answer.

To counter your question--why would ANYONE have children, as we're all in the process of dying anyway? When I gave birth to my children there was no guarantee I'd be there the next day. I still have no guarantee, so I guess the answer is to live your dreams now. Don't put them off. This is an interesting way to think about what your dreams might be.

I took the OP's post as a short term thing and I did clarify later on that if we're talking dying in 30 years, then my response is different. I just didn't get why anyone would have that reply in the context of a short term plan. :confused3

Marseeya said:
I took the OP's post as a short term thing and I did clarify later on that if we're talking dying in 30 years, then my response is different. I just didn't get why anyone would have that reply in the context of a short term plan. :confused3

I took it as short term also. Of course my answers would be different also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter