two rooms dinner question

azreial

Earning My Ears
We're on the 17 January Magic and I did not think of this until now. There are five of us total, so we are in two rooms. How will this affect our dinner seating? We want to sit together is that going to be a problem? Has anyone else had to deal with this?

Also, as a side question, we are booked as 2 in one room and 3 in the second. Is it going to cause problems for us to change it to 4 in one room and 1 in the second. We want my mum to have her own room.

Thank you much,
Azreial

You should be able to advise your room host about the sleeping arrangements & not have a problem. The number in each room at booking is pretty much a technicallity.

You'll just want to be sure that DCL has your two reservations "linked". As long as they've done that, they'll treat everyone in both rooms as one group when making dining arrangements.

You did not say what category you booked....as long as it accomodates 4 people (beds) and you have the same room host for both room you should have no problem with mum having her own room, and you having yours. Are your rooms next to each other? We had two rooms and happened to be at the cutoff where two different room hosts had them.

If you wind up with different room hosts you may want to advise both of them what you are doing because the host with your mum will technically lose a tip and the other host will gain a tip due to switching of bodies in the room. Hope I did not make that too confusing.

On my last DCL cruise, we actually linked our dinner reservations to some other DIS folks that were on the same cruise. It was wonderful. From the very start we all felt like we knew each other, and we had fun talking about various other DIS folks so it was great.

All we had to do was call and request that our dinner reservations be linked together and all it took was one phone call and it was all taken care of.

Originally posted by KathyTX
You'll just want to be sure that DCL has your two reservations "linked". As long as they've done that, they'll treat everyone in both rooms as one group when making dining arrangements.

They were booked together is that what you mean? The travel agent did the booking but she knows that we are one big party.

Azreial

Originally posted by mmouse37
You did not say what category you booked....as long as it accomodates 4 people (beds) and you have the same room host for both room you should have no problem with mum having her own room, and you having yours. Are your rooms next to each other? We had two rooms and happened to be at the cutoff where two different room hosts had them.

If you wind up with different room hosts you may want to advise both of them what you are doing because the host with your mum will technically lose a tip and the other host will gain a tip due to switching of bodies in the room. Hope I did not make that too confusing.

We're in CAT 5 and have adjoining rooms. We stayed in one of the rooms last year and I'm pretty sure the the room hostess did the room next door too. I think I remember seeing her down that end of the hall. I hope so I'd like to make this as easy as possible.

Arzeial

Originally posted by prymsu
All we had to do was call and request that our dinner reservations be linked together and all it took was one phone call and it was all taken care of.

Oh good. I'm glad to know it was so easy. Did you call guest services? I was worried that if they didn 't have us together that it was going to be a big hassle, calling guest services, working it out with the servers.....

Azreial

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter