Two reservations/two sets of magic bands???

kandb

DIS Veteran
We are going for 11 nights in Aug/Sept. We have a 2 night reservation before our 9 night free dining package kicks in. Do I order 2 sets of magic bands? We have 10 day park tickets on the package but I plan on activating them so we can go to a park the day before the package starts. Thanks for any help.

You won't be ordering anything. They'll send them to you automatically. You can customize them in MDE up to a few weeks before your arrival.

both posts are correct you will be issued two sets
if you log on to your my disney account you can customize them and add your name printed on them, as well as choose a color

(My thoughts get 4 different colors!!) and yes you can use any of them for each resort as all your reservations and park tickets are on you my disney account, which gives you a magic band, all the magic band does is read all that info and access what you've reserved

Same here. Just shorter stay. Coming in on 8/27 due to airfare being cheaper and then free dining on 8/28. Getting two sets of bands. First I had both sets exactly the same but then thought there might be some confusion so we are all getting red ones for the room only. They are all linked to my mde but I just figured it would be easier this way.

Yes, since the beginning they have made one set for each different reservation number. Might as well have fun with it! All sets should work interchangeably (barring glitches).

I've used my entire collection of bands during my trips. My only issues have been with resort gates and room doors and it varies day to day if it would work or not.

Seems stupid and a waste of money for Disney to send so many magic bands, especially when they are interchangeable. I'm leaving on Monday for 11 days, and have 3 MBs. One for each resort, and a Passholder one. I like the magic bands, but this is just silly. When I was there in 2014, I stayed at three resorts, but only had one band. Oh well. At least I'm covered if lose one.

You'll get 2 sets, yes. One from each resort, and you can use them interchangeably.
I have a question regarding this - we have a 2 night stay at BC ('magical deal') under my name / MDE for room only.
Then we have 13 nights of free dining at POFQ under my dad's name / MDE.
Will they still be interchangeable? Thanks!

I have a question regarding this - we have a 2 night stay at BC ('magical deal') under my name / MDE for room only.

Yes. The MB is assigned to the individual and stays with them. The only way they aren't fully interchangeable would be if a person had multiple MDE accounts. Some people do this intentionally to take advantage of a loophole with the FP+ system.

I have a question regarding this - we have a 2 night stay at BC ('magical deal') under my name / MDE for room only. Then we have 13 nights of free dining at POFQ under my dad's name / MDE. Will they still be interchangeable? Thanks!

Yes. Magic Bands are just a way to access the information in your MDE account.

Yep you will get two sets. I marked our boxes with the resort name so I didn't get them mixed up since we all picked the same colors for both resort stays.

As long as the accounts are pulling from the same info. If you each created new "people" in the accounts as you set them up it's not going to work.

So I took my friend and created an entity in MDE for her. If she goes on her own in the future and makes her own separate entity on her account, her MB from our stay isn't going to work.

As long as the accounts are pulling from the same info. If you each created new "people" in the accounts as you set them up it's not going to work.

So I took my friend and created an entity in MDE for her. If she goes on her own in the future and makes her own separate entity on her account, her MB from our stay isn't going to work.

Firstly, thank you for your reply. Just to make sure I'm clear.

First two days we are at a Room Only at Beach Club (I added this on the front end of our trip as it was a great 'magical' deal). When I booked this room only deal, I didn't want my dad to know as it was a surprise, so I couldn't use my dad's MDE (the one that we always use to travel on) so I created my own MDE account. No tickets or anything - just going to relax and enjoy SAB and Boardwalk.

When we go to POFQ for the next 13 nights, we are on FD/tickets under my dad's MDE.

Same people going on both trips and same people listed in both MDE accounts.

So are the bands still interchangeable? Will the tickets from POFQ trip end up on my BC magic bands? Does this mean if I wanted to, I could access the tickets from POFQ stay while at BC? I don't want to, but now I'm curious. I'm learning a lot about the Magic Bands and MDE still. We go every year, but have only used the MB's once.

Thanks for your advice!

Firstly, thank you for your reply. Just to make sure I'm clear.

First two days we are at a Room Only at Beach Club (I added this on the front end of our trip as it was a great 'magical' deal). When I booked this room only deal, I didn't want my dad to know as it was a surprise, so I couldn't use my dad's MDE (the one that we always use to travel on) so I created my own MDE account. No tickets or anything - just going to relax and enjoy SAB and Boardwalk.

When we go to POFQ for the next 13 nights, we are on FD/tickets under my dad's MDE.

Same people going on both trips and same people listed in both MDE accounts.

So are the bands still interchangeable? Will the tickets from POFQ trip end up on my BC magic bands? Does this mean if I wanted to, I could access the tickets from POFQ stay while at BC? I don't want to, but now I'm curious. I'm learning a lot about the Magic Bands and MDE still. We go every year, but have only used the MB's once.

Thanks for your advice!
No they won't be interchangeable as they are linked to separate MDE accounts. You could still access your tickets early by going to a guest relations window at any theme park, dtd or water park.

No they won't be interchangeable as they are linked to separate MDE accounts. You could still access your tickets early by going to a guest relations window at any theme park, dtd or water park.
Sortof. You can "relink" them in MDE (as well as older bands and RFID cards).

My MDE, for example, has 4 RFID cards and 6 bands (and 4 more on the way!) which I can use interchangeably (though they do need to be "activated and assigned" through MDE first).

Even though you manage his account now, once you reveal the surprise, you can link the two accounts by going to your Friends and Family list and clicking "Connect Through a Disney Account" next to his name. Then the reservations in your account will be linked to him in his account and he can use everything interchangeably.

Same as above--if she goes in the future and makes her own account, just click "Connect Through a Disney Account" next to her name and she should be able to use her MagicBand once the two accounts are connected.

I was just wondering this too!

I just added a second reservation to our trip in a few weeks. I already have passholder and room bands for that trip, and now I suppose a third set of bands for the new hotel. I know they are all linked to MDE for dining/FP reservations, but do they all work on the doors to the hotel rooms/pool gates? That's my only concern, and it's going to stink to try to keep them all straight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter