• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two questions - resale point history and BLT availability

skateshome

Mouseketeer
Posted this in DVC purchase as well.....not sure where it belongs?

Looking to purchase resale at BLT. Never thought we would be a candidate but it just simply makes sense when you go once a year. Is there a thread showing historical resale prices like the thead that shows the buy new prices? The roar thread has roofs back to 2013 but I would like to go further back than that to see how pricing has played out over the past decade or so.....
AND
We are looking to go back to BLT may 2016. If we close sometime in August or Sept should we be able to book a studio at BLT before the non home resort people,are able to book at 7 months? In other should there be inventory at 8 months out.

Sorry if any of these are dumb questions.....I'm brand new at this and have done quite a bit of looking but can't find any answers for these 2 questions.
Cheers!

Posted this in DVC purchase as well.....not sure where it belongs?

Looking to purchase resale at BLT. Never thought we would be a candidate but it just simply makes sense when you go once a year. Is there a thread showing historical resale prices like the thead that shows the buy new prices? The roar thread has roofs back to 2013 but I would like to go further back than that to see how pricing has played out over the past decade or so.....
AND
We are looking to go back to BLT may 2016. If we close sometime in August or Sept should we be able to book a studio at BLT before the non home resort people,are able to book at 7 months? In other should there be inventory at 8 months out.

Sorry if any of these are dumb questions.....I'm brand new at this and have done quite a bit of looking but can't find any answers for these 2 questions.
Cheers!
Not sure where you can get ROFR info further back than 2013 but definitely wouldn't be able to get resale info going back 10 years on BLT (if that's what you meant vs older resorts) as it only opened in Aug 2009
Also if you close in August you should have your dvc member # to book prior to 7 month window-if it is mid to late September it might be close if you want to book early May as it can take a few weeks after closing to get member # in order to book-there is a long post about historical avail by another member you can look for to see about prev years avail

Check out drusba's post (and also crisi's) in this thread:

Any resource to see historical availability for days 7/11 months out

DVC members have a Resort Availability Tool on the Members' website that gives us some availability information. Briefly, it tells us if something is completely booked up or if at least one room remains available for booking. The smaller resorts located near the MK or EPCOT tend to book up very quickly once the 7 month window opens for most times of the year.

Thanks for all the info guys! Looks like BLT should be going up for foreseeable future from everything presented here. I know there are always risks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter