Two questions - resale history and booking BLT

skateshome

Mouseketeer
Looking to purchase resale at BLT. Never thought we would be a candidate but it just simply makes sense when you go once a year. Is there a thread showing historical resale prices like the thead that shows the buy new prices? The roar thread has roofs back to 2013 but I would like to go further back than that to see how pricing has played out over the past decade or so.....
AND
We are looking to go back to BLT may 2016. If we close sometime in August or Sept should we be able to book a studio at BLT before the non home resort people,are able to book at 7 months? In other should there be inventory at 8 months out.

Sorry if any of these are dumb questions.....I'm brand new at this and have done quite a bit of looking but can't find any answers for these 2 questions.
Cheers!

I am new to all of this as well and cannot offer any info for BLT, but from start to finish of making an offer to closing right now is taking an average of 3 months.
No question is a dumb question!

BLT opened in 2009, I think, so you really only have 5 years worth of resales. Prices were between 100-120 direct, if you take into consideration incentives. My older sister and a good friend bought direct and still have their contracts from 2009.

With respect to resales, the prices have been pretty consistent, with the exception of the Great Recession in 2011-2012.

The resale market is currentky very, very strong these last few months. So much so I've considered putting up one of my two contracts for sale but my kids are 2 and 5, and there are many years left of use... So I'm keeping my contracts ;) for now barring a financial need.

As you know, in 2011/2012, there was a dip due to the economy. The housing prices were blowing up, and luxury purchases (dvc) was on fire sale.

At that time, I recall BLT going for $75-85pp-- the lowest point in their resale history. Similarly, I believe the other resale prices were as low as: BWV at $50-60pp. AKL $60-70. Okw at $45-55pp. BCV at $65-75pp. SSR at $45-55pp. Feel free to correct me if I an wrong. There are always exceptions but I think the general bell curve price was in that range. I started tracking resale right around then but I'm relying on memory... And as I age the past gets fuzzier.

It's still a good deal to buy resale but you won't get recession prices. Honestly, even the recession prices are not awful-- the contracts still held a decent percentage of their value.... Especially relative to current resale prices (and initial direct prices).... And for a timeshare.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Looking to purchase resale at BLT. Never thought we would be a candidate but it just simply makes sense when you go once a year. Is there a thread showing historical resale prices like the thead that shows the buy new prices? The roar thread has roofs back to 2013 but I would like to go further back than that to see how pricing has played out over the past decade or so.....
Just curious. How does historical prices play into your calculations and consideration ?:confused3

Yes, these are real estate transactions. But it's not like buying the house down the street that's been for sale for a year and making an offer for 30% off the appraised value. I'd consider DVC more like a low volatility stock, where prices fluctuate more with the economy.

Thanks for the in Sue and Lakegirl.....good info to have. Sue that's exactly what I was looking for. Worst case scenerio's....where does that put me. If you are correct that answers the question.
Apparently they did not loose much at all during that time since they were probably in the upper$80's to mid $90 per point at that time anyway. Cheers!

Great find Sue.....thanks! Looks like you were right on target. I remember when my memory used to be that good......oh wait.....actually I forgot that too.

As to your question about being able to get a BLT studio for May time if you close in August, the answer is that lake view will be open, likely also theme park view, but standard view could be gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter