• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two questions in one about check in

Mommoo

Earning My Ears
Getting close to time for check in...... first question, how long do you wait until you check in online before you leave? Or do you wait until you get there to get the " Welcome Home" experience? Second question, when your on a wait list, how close does Disney get to your arrival time before they make a decision? Thanks for any input anyone has.

I have done online check-in as far out as 60 days and as close to arrival as 1 day.
When you set-up the waitlist you should of had a question that wanted to know if you want it active until 30 days out or 7 days out.

Getting close to time for check in...... first question, how long do you wait until you check in online before you leave? Or do you wait until you get there to get the " Welcome Home" experience? Second question, when your on a wait list, how close does Disney get to your arrival time before they make a decision? Thanks for any input anyone has.
Y

Yes, sorry forgot to say I chose seven days. I though that would give us the best chance to get what we wanted.

I do online check-in about a month before our vacation starts. This gets my excitement level up, and gets me ready to start planning my trip.
I like online check-in because it makes things go quicker when we arrive, and let's me get started on my trip. I'm excited to try bypassing check-in this trip. We arrive very late (after midnight) and I just want to get off DME and roll right into bed.

Yes, sorry..... I chose seven days. I thought that would give us the best chance of getting what we want. After reading your reply with one day.... maybe I messed up!

Or do you wait until you get there to get the " Welcome Home" experience?

We've even had the new-at-that-time "expedited" checkin (not the one being tested currently) and we still had the total experience. I've not once been met at the door magically, and when a manager with an ipad comes up to me in the line it's generally to get me started, but I'm still pointed to a CM. I've had just as much time with a CM when I do online checkin as the time or two I haven't, and the rooms I get are MUCH better when I do online checkin. Especially if I'm checking in on the later side of the day.

when your on a wait list, how close does Disney get to your arrival time before they make a decision?

It behooves you to keep checking on your own. There's some sort of delay in something coming available and the system checking waitlists, and people checking for that availability before it matches the waitlists can and do snag those rooms. Be one of the people checking and snagging. Don't rely on that waitlist.

How do you check to see what's available? I feel so dumb!!! And if you find availability who do you contact?? I really appreciate this info!!

Are you a member? (just looked at a past post and yes you are) Just check the DVC member website where you can book trips. If something pops up, book it (and cancel your waitlist) or call in if you're willing to wait for the phone call to be answered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter