Two people cancelled! Now what :/

disneyteenager

Earning My Ears
Hi I've posted earlier that I was going for graduation with three more of my friends. Two of them have now cancelled and I need to find a vacation thats less money now. Our budget is thirteen hundred each with some sort of dining.Can anyone help me out with what hotel is that cheap?

Lots of people here will be happy to help but We will need more information. When do you want to go? for how many days? Is the price you gave us suppose to include room tickets and dining? What about transportation?

Right now they have a deal so it can be done. You could start with a moderate resort.

On site one of the value resorts? Not sure where you are booked? If you have to look off site, I'd recommend looking at one of the DTD hotels. They have the best park transportation of the off site hotels, running continually every half hr. check Mousesavers.com for special rates.
And you can walk to DTD. Some even include breakfast.

Hi I've posted earlier that I was going for graduation with three more of my friends. Two of them have now cancelled and I need to find a vacation thats less money now. Our budget is thirteen hundred each with some sort of dining.Can anyone help me out with what hotel is that cheap?

So it's just 2 of you now? I'd look at the value resorts - Pop first. Check out the special offers area of the Disney website. I bet you can find what you need.

Good luck!

GaSleepingBeautyFan said:
So it's just 2 of you now? I'd look at the value resorts - Pop first. Check out the special offers area of the Disney website. I bet you can find what you need.

Good luck!

I'd second that, Pop is awesome!

Well I'm looking for march break next years maybe leaving in the Thursday before the break. And yes 1300 each including tickets dining and room. We want to go for the longest time possible for our budget. I know this year they had the up to 30% off for march break. So yes it's just two of us now and the budget is 2700 for us

I agree! If you're looking for a value resort that doesn't "feel like" a value - then you want Pop Century! It's over a walking bridge from Art of Animation, so you can use this resort's food court also.

We ate for a week for $186 for 2 people - (no dining plan). Things can work out.

Good luck planning your vacation. Enjoy it!

Congratulations on your Graduation! :thumbsup2

Though I agree that the Swan is very nice, unless you have your own transportation to/ from the airport, or are willing to pay for the taxi/ alternate transp. (pretty steep fee) you won't be able to get to/ from the airport. ME doesn't service Swan/ Dolphin. I second the recommendation for Pop Century. It has a great food court and a fun pool. Congratulations on your Graduation and have a blast!! :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2:

Though I agree that the Swan is very nice, unless you have your own transportation to/ from the airport, or are willing to pay for the taxi/ alternate transp. (pretty steep fee) you won't be able to get to/ from the airport. ME doesn't service Swan/ Dolphin. I second the recommendation for Pop Century. It has a great food court and a fun pool. Congratulations on your Graduation and have a blast!! :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2:

And you also can't get the dining plan, which was mentioned by the OP.

Yeah we want to go as long as possible. With some sort of dining. And the best hotel

March is considered peak season. It's one of the most expensive times to go. Holiday (week before Christmas- weekend after New Years & week before Easter and week after Easter) are the most expensive. Disney has 3 categories or their hotels Value, Moderate, and Deluxe. Value are the least expensive if they offer a discount you should be able to get it for about $125 a night. Mod will run $200+ and Deluxe will run $300+++ a night.
A 3 day base ticket will run about $260 a 10 day is $319 (new prices) this is a non hopper. Meaning 1 park per day, to add park hopping you are looking at $60 per ticket.
Personally I won't do the dining plan. I think it's a waste of money. It's cheaper to pay out right.
Quick service is 2 counter service meals (entree drink desert) 1 snack and 1 refillable mug is currently $38 a day (might increase for 2014) regular dining plan is 1 sit down restaurant (you pay the tip) and 1 counter service, 1 snack and 1 refillable mug is $57 a day (you are going during peak season)
I find it a waste because we don't get dessert typically. Plus the ones they offer with CS aren't all that. I'd rather save the money and buy something better later. Mugs in my opinion are also a waste. They are only good at your resort, when my girls were teenagers we'd get them but they'd always get sodas from our cooler, they didn't want to walk to the soda station (with ice mug holds about 12 oz of soda).

We live close enough to drive so we stop by the store to buy chips, bananas, peanut butter, bread, apple slices, caramel, carrots, ranch, sodas and water. Even without a car it's worth a cab ride if you going for at least 5 days. It's enough to act as a small meal and saves money on snacks.

I suggest visiting allearsnet it's a great site that has menus for Disney restaurants and info & pics of the hotels. Give you a better idea where to eat how much it'll cost and see the rooms.
My girls are now 20 something and they prefer the values saying they go to Disney for the parks. They'd rather save the money on hotels to go more often.

Do you need to include transportation (airfare or gas) in the 2700? Do you wAnt park hoppers or waterpark access?

Not to be a Debbie Downer---but will you be old enough to rent a hotel room?
I noticed your screen name and wondered what "teen" age you are:goodvibes

I was just going to ask the OP the same question - how old are you? Many hotels wont rent a room to you if you are under 21, some make it 25. Can someone chime in about the age at a Disney resort?

If you aren't planning this until next year is there any chance of finding some others to join you?

I ran some sample numbers on the WDW site to see if you could do Disney on $1300 a person. You should be able to. I used thanksgiving week 2013 to get an idea of prices. For 6 nights in a little mermaid rm @ AOA plus 7 day tickets w/ park hoppers and quick service dinning for 2 adults the price was $2110. So even adding 10% for 2014 price increases you are still under your max budget of $2600. If you chose one of the Allstars or Pop your price is even lower, but staying in the newest Disney resort would be a treat. Play around w/ pretend dates and various resort/ticket/dinning combos on the site to get a sense of what will be doable for you - good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter