Two 'Must Have' Sitdowns?

DisneyAprilFool

DIS Veteran
Okay- is it odd that we've been to DL many many times and yet, I know more about the restaurants at WDW then DL?

SIGH!

So it looks like Hubby and myself will be making a short impromptu trip out to DL for two days next week- a late anniversary present to ourselves :)

What two restaurants would you say are 'musts'? We have never dined at a DL restauarant- always went to Downtown Disney to eat or filled up on Bengal Barbecue.

Advice please :D

(We don't like seafood- is BB worth it?)

Wine country in DCA, I think BB would be fine also. WDW offers more sit down than DL. You can do the very nice Napa Rose aat Gch, or Steakhouse 55 at DLH.

BB is one of our favorites. Yes, it's expensive, yes others don't like it but for us it's great. We love it. All the others I've done are character meals...sorry. LOL

If by BB you mean Blue Bayou I always try to go there on our trips. I don't eat seafood and always get the Monte Cristo. I think the atmosphere alone makes it worth going there.

I like Granvilles steakhouse 55 for food and Bayou for ambiance:goodvibes and Cafe Orleans for a more casual DL experience with yummy fries and salads and monte cristo:cool1:

Steakhouse 55 if you want something a little quieter. I love that restaurant, you are not rushed at all and the service is great! Blue Bayou is fun of course. I hear Napa Rose is a great experience. Also, the Jazz Kitchen in DTD is great. OH- it's so hard to decide!

I will TRY to list in my order of preference:

This first list is the value for your money:
  1. Wine Country Tatoria
  2. PCH Grill
  3. Ariel's Grotto
  4. Cafe Orleans
  5. Carnation Cafe
  6. Story Teller's Cafe
  7. Goofy's Kitchen
  8. Rainforest Cafe
  9. Steakhouse 55 (I Think that's the new name of it at Disneyland Hotel)
  10. Blue Bayou
  11. Hooks Pointe

If I am not concerned with price:
  1. Steakhouse 55 (I Think that's the new name of it at Disneyland Hotel)
  2. Blue Bayou
  3. Hooks Pointe
  4. Story Teller's Cafe
  5. Wine Country Tatoria
  6. PCH Grill
  7. Goofy's Kitchen
  8. Rainforest Cafe
  9. Cafe Orleans
  10. Carnation Cafe
  11. Ariel's Grotto
NOTE: In this second list, numbers 4-6 are a tie, as are numbers 8 & 9.

In disneyland our 2 'must have' sitdowns are carnation cafe for breakfast and blue bayou for lunch. We've eaten at both several times and have enjoyed our meals at each restaurant. We've eaten at Cafe Orleans once for dinner and had a good meal, but I don't think it's a must do. If you are willing to explore restaurants in the hotels we've enjoyed dinner at Steakhouse 55 (DLH), Storyteller's (GCH) and Napa Rose (GCH). We've yet to try Trattoria in DCA, but have it on our list of ps's for our trip in August.

If you like Japanese food, Yamabuki in the Paradise Pier Hotel is also pretty good. My family really enjoyed it... and it is also very quiet.

It's our tradition to have breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe on the last morning of our trip. We also try to have meals at Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans. Both are good at B-L-D.

If by BB you mean Blue Bayou I always try to go there on our trips. I don't eat seafood and always get the Monte Cristo. I think the atmosphere alone makes it worth going there.

I agree! I'm going to make PS for my best friend and I for BB for our girls only trip next month. She's never eaten there before and I can't wait for her to experience it!

Yup, Blue Bayou. :) It's our favorite!! I love the MC too, and the Cookie Boat is super yummy too........LOL

Blue Bayou early lunch with waterside seating is a must for us. There menu is very much seafood anymore.

Another we love is Hook's Pointe at DLH. Very good food and excellent service. Just try to go a little later to avoid noisy children. Their menu is pretty seafood oriented, though.

LOL my 4 y/o daughter has already in NO UNCERTAIN terms lol told me she wants to eat at BB, and also wants that cookie boat she has seen, so it will be BB for a lunch.

I love Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian. It has a very cozy atmosphere and the food is great.

Has anyone eaten at the mexican restuant beside BTM???? We eat spanish food all the time and i was wondering if its any good?:confused3

So what restaurant choices did you make? I'll be there soon 14 more days!! :rotfl: I'm going with Carnation Cafe, Blue Bayou, and I'm going to try out the PCH grill for the Lilo and Stitch breakfast or Storytellers, haven't made up my mind yet.

I'm really looking forward to trying Wine Country Trattoria on our next trip -- glad to see it's a favorite on this thread!
DCA closes at 6pm on most of the nights we're there, what would the last dinner seating at the restaurant be? I see a menu posted on allears so I'm assuming they serve it even if the parks close early.

Our favorites would be (in no particular order, couldn't pick just two!):
House of Blues - good food and atmosphere
Rain Forest Cafe - good food, downside is it's too loud and crowded for us
La Brea - quick and easy, food is good, relaxing outdoor dining (great for people watching)
Storytellers - good food, we prefer dinner
Yamabuki - quiet and relaxing, good food, pricey (even for Disney!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter