Two Geeks and A 9/16 At-Home Disney-ish Wedding - We're married!

I all your pictures! It look like you had such an amazing time and how fun that everyone got to be there and I think that is freakin hilarious that a CM photo bombed your dads photo I don't think I have ever seen that!!

:wave: Welcome Matt!

You both look so happy in your photos. :teeth:

And now we're both missing each other terribly :sad: Seven weeks from today and he'll be here and we'll be moving into our new apartment!

I love all your pictures! It look like you had such an amazing time and how fun that everyone got to be there and I think that is freakin hilarious :rotfl2:that a CM photo bombed your dads photo I don't think I have ever seen that!!

We really did have a good time. Now it's just a waiting game until he gets here for good. Honestly, that's at least the second time I've had a picture photobombed by a CM since I've been here :) The first time was with my friend Beth and her now ex-boyfriend, over at DHS. Hopefully the next time we're in the parks together, I can take more pictures than I did :lmao:

He really doesn't look like he enjoys trying on hats. LOL

So glad you guys got a weekend. Seriously it's better then nothing! And soon, you won't have to worry! Kevin comes home late tonight or super early tomorrow. His new job is local, so he will be home the next month & half. I'm going to enjoy it. I still ball like a baby when he leaves. But communication & being supportive of each other is key. I'm always anxious on where his next job is. If it's someplace I can drive to or maybe cool enough to fly to. (I'm still waiting for that job in Maui wink wink lol) Keep hanging in there. Time will breeze by!

Love some Dole Whips!

He really doesn't look like he enjoys trying on hats. LOL

So glad you guys got a weekend. Seriously it's better then nothing! And soon, you won't have to worry! Kevin comes home late tonight or super early tomorrow. His new job is local, so he will be home the next month & half. I'm going to enjoy it. I still ball like a baby when he leaves. But communication & being supportive of each other is key. I'm always anxious on where his next job is. If it's someplace I can drive to or maybe cool enough to fly to. (I'm still waiting for that job in Maui wink wink lol) Keep hanging in there. Time will breeze by!

Love some Dole Whips!

Actually, they were all his idea! There were a couple that I made him try on, but most of them were of his own doing. The groom ears just don't look right on him (which he agrees on), and the Vader helmet was uncomfortable.

It really was better than nothing, I agree on that :) I'm just happy we're almost through! Yay for Kevin being almost home! That's awesome that he'll be there for a while. Do you guys have any special plans for while he's home? Thanks for the encouragement :hug: We're getting there. Almost done!

I'm honestly not a fan of Dole whip. I don't like pineapple in general, and Matt said it was a bit too tart for his tastes (he likes a sweeter pineapple). So he'll probably get it again, but I'm not sure how often :lmao:

I love pineapple. Kevin hates it. So more for me I say! LOL
No plans as of yet. Might take little man to Sesame Place (amusement park for toddlers).

You look so happy in all your pictures! Hopefully the time passes quickly! He'll be there in no time!

Sorry for the down part of him being away but you'll be together soon. You both look so happy and in love in your beautiful pics! Hope the time apart flies right by for both of you!

Wait, someone else in the world who doesn't like pineapple? I'm not alone!!

I love pineapple. Kevin hates it. So more for me I say! LOL
No plans as of yet. Might take little man to Sesame Place (amusement park for toddlers).

That'll be fun! Have a good time!

You look so happy in all your pictures! Hopefully the time passes quickly! He'll be there in no time!

It's going pretty quickly at the moment, but I think that may be just because I'm currently having a hard time keeping track of what day it is, thanks to this schedule. But according to an app on my phone, he'll be here in 45 days :teeth:

Sorry for the down part of him being away but you'll be together soon. You both look so happy and in love in your beautiful pics! Hope the time apart flies right by for both of you!

Thank you! We're both trying to just plod through and get to the end of July right now :laughing: Just six more weeks apart. It just really sucks because ever since we started dating, this is the longest we've been apart.

Wait, someone else in the world who doesn't like pineapple? I'm not alone!!

No, you are definitely not alone! I dunno what it is about pineapple, I just don't like it!

Moving to Florida: Part 1

We've been trying to get things done to make sure that this move to Florida is as smooth as possible. I'd been looking for apartments since long before I even got down here, so I had plenty of them bookmarked. Unfortunately, once I got here and we started seriously looking, most of those were rented solid or had long wait lists beyond our move date. So I kept looking. I found another complex that said they had availability, so we applied, but then they called us a week later to say they didn't. Thankfully, we got our application fees back. And, once again, we kept looking.

I found another complex through Apartment Finder, but they didn't know if they had any availability yet (you'd think they would, since it's six weeks away). However, they referred me to a sister property owned by the same company, which is in our price range and within a reasonable driving distance from Disney. So I looked it up and wandered their website for a bit. Oddly enough, it's only a mile away from the other one we'd applied for. It's only about 20 minutes from property and had everything we wanted in an apartment. It's also walking distance from a Walgreens, which is who Matt works for. He's transferring down with them, so he'd probably be able to get into that location.

Well... We applied. We finished the application this morning. It took a couple of days because of getting all the documentation together and since it was an online application, we just had to upload copies of our IDs and our pay stubs and all that. About half an hour after I finished it, I got an email saying that we got the apartment!

:yay: We officially have a place to live after my program! :yay:

Now begins the process of figuring out his store transfer, my full time application (I can't do this until next Friday), and then coordinating the actual physical move. He's going to be renting a truck in Chicago, probably from Budget, and driving down. As far as I know, his parents have offered to drive up there to spend a little time with him and his brother (who moved there like a week before I left) and then come down to Florida with him as a follow car. I don't know if he told them, but I plan on offering to take them to the parks for a day or two as a thank you for helping. I also have to get a car :lmao: My one roommate is going to take me this weekend to look for one, so we'll see if I find anything. I was waiting on my financial aid refund, which finally came through.

But yeah. We have a place to live after July 31! YAY!

It's only about 20 minutes from property and had everything we wanted in an apartment. It's also walking distance from a Walgreens, which is who Matt works for. He's transferring down with them, so he'd probably be able to get into that location.
That sounds perfect for you both! :D
:yay: We officially have a place to live after my program! :yay:
CONGRATULATIONS!

I don't know if he told them, but I plan on offering to take them to the parks for a day or two as a thank you for helping.
Oh that is very sweet of you, I'll bet they will appreciate it. :)
I also have to get a car :lmao: My one roommate is going to take me this weekend to look for one, so we'll see if I find anything. I was waiting on my financial aid refund, which finally came through.

But yeah. We have a place to live after July 31! YAY!
Best of luck on the car and so happy about your new apartment!

Yay how exciting!! Congrats on the apartment and how wonderful that it's convenient for both you and Matt! We're also moving on the 31st, too funny.

Do you plan to apply for full time in your current role/location, or do you want to switch?

That sounds perfect for you both! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!

Oh that is very sweet of you, I'll bet they will appreciate it. :)

Best of luck on the car and so happy about your new apartment!

And, of course, we hit some bumps in the road. I'll get to them in a minute.

Thank you! :teeth:

He mentioned it to them and his dad said they might have to pass, since his mom has some knee problems that are getting worse. DF forgot to mention that I get wheelchair rentals for free, so he's going to do that when he calls them later in the week.

And thanks on that as well! :)

Yay how exciting!! Congrats on the apartment and how wonderful that it's convenient for both you and Matt! We're also moving on the 31st, too funny.

Do you plan to apply for full time in your current role/location, or do you want to switch?

Thank you! :yay: There are some bumps in the road, of course, but such is life.

I plan to apply for a different location with my same role, but it depends on what's available. Pastry positions are around, but they're usually part time. So I'd most likely wind up getting part time status, but working full time hours.

YAY!!!!! So many good things are coming into place!

Slowly but surely, yes!

YAY! Congrats on getting a place to live. So excited for you.

Thank you! :yay:

Congratulations on the apartment!! :)

Thanks! :goodvibes:

Moving to Florida: Part 2

So, it turns out that as of right now, our move-in date is not August 1. It's August 10. We're doing our best to make it work, and our leasing agent said that she'd try and get us in a couple of days earlier. She couldn't make any promises, though. We'll see what happens with that. I'm going on Tuesday to see the apartment and take pictures and all that for DF, since he won't see it until we move in. That being said, the fact that the move in date is nine days later than we were originally told means that we have to spend almost another grand on this move. DF is going to have to spend a few days with his parents in Arkansas and pay for extra days on the truck, and I have to check into a hotel for three days. I'm not doing a Disney hotel, since even with my CM discount, it's cheaper to stay offsite. I wouldn't be doing much anyway, just taking it easy and hanging out at the hotel.

As for the car, that, of course, is an ongoing ordeal. I'm basically going to have to take an Uber over to a dealer (even though I know it's a bad idea to take a cab or similar to a car dealer) because both of my roommates are unavailable to go with me, given my current schedule. I'm going to go tomorrow after work. I was talking to a person I met in a CP group on Facebook who's selling his car, but certain aspects of it seem fishy to me, so I'm passing on it. I told him I had to check with my fiance, but I pretty much already know I'm not buying anything from him.

We'll figure it out. We always do.

An Actual Wedding Update!

I also bought two things for the wedding last week! One of them hasn't arrived yet, but this is in my closet:

IMG_6051_zpshoniaujq.jpeg

I'm so happy we have it :lovestruc We haven't decided yet what we're doing with it, but we have it!

The other thing I bought, which hasn't arrived yet, is a potential option for my wedding shoes. I'm definitely wearing flats, since I physically can't walk in heels for very long.

0MEGYV-HERO_zpsztttx6hh.jpeg

I'm either wearing these or purple Converse. DF and I were talking about how it's kind of funny that neither of us really had a theme planned, but we're kind of winding up with a sort of Beauty and the Beast theme anyway.

That's all that's going on right now. We can get penciled in on Friday, so that's coming up. Just waiting for August to get here.

Eeeek, sorry about the wrench in your moving plans. Fingers crossed you can get into the apartment even a few days earlier.

I love that you've stumbled into a BatB theme - that Lenox figure is just plain stunning.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh almost penciling in day! I know there's not much to it, and you'll still be a few months from October and all, but it's so exciting that it's almost time for you to reach out to DFTW!

A few hiccups. Nothing to it. You guys will be fine. I really hope you can get in the place sooner then later.
Seriously, if you 2 can get thru all of this, you are going to be fine. : )

Love the figurine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter