Two Geeks and A 9/16 At-Home Disney-ish Wedding - We're married!

Hey hun, just got back from the beach. Sorry taking so long to catch up on your planning.

Did your honey come in?? Did you get to see each other??

My hubby is a welder. So he works for a company that builds those big water tanks and holding tanks for large companies & stuff. So he goes everywhere.
He just came home for the holiday weekend, although it was only like a day we got to spend together because he had to drive an entire day to go back. But I'll take an hour if that's all I could get.

Seriously if you ever need a shoulder to lean on, just holler at me. My ex husband was in the military too, so trust me, I know all about separation from your lovey for extensive time periods.

Hey hun, just got back from the beach. Sorry taking so long to catch up on your planning.

Did your honey come in?? Did you get to see each other??

My hubby is a welder. So he works for a company that builds those big water tanks and holding tanks for large companies & stuff. So he goes everywhere.
He just came home for the holiday weekend, although it was only like a day we got to spend together because he had to drive an entire day to go back. But I'll take an hour if that's all I could get.

Seriously if you ever need a shoulder to lean on, just holler at me. My ex husband was in the military too, so trust me, I know all about separation from your lovey for extensive time periods.

It's okay, real life must take precedence sometimes :lmao:

He'll be here next Friday! He and my parents will be here 6/5-6/8, the weekend after my birthday, and we're all staying at All Star Sports. He and I have our own room and I have the days off, thanks to one of my chefs.

Wow, that must be hard on you guys :( DF and I have already decided that if we don't HAVE to do this again, we'd rather not. When's the next time he'll be home with you?

I'll keep that in mind. I have a feeling I'll be a wreck when he leaves on the 8th, but at least we know there's an end date to this. Thanks :hug:

A Whirlwind Trip

So, they arrived on Thursday! My chef assistant let me leave a little early because she knew they'd arrived. I was so thrilled when I saw DF and had a hard time letting go of him so that we could get them signed into my complex and get the stuff he'd brought down for me into the apartment (a bin of DVDs and some other stuff). He gave me my birthday present (Cards Against Humanity and an imitation pearl necklace and earring set), and then we went to Walmart to pick up a few things before we stopped for dinner at Wendy's and went to Downtown Disney. I'd planned to go swimming that night at the hotel, but my dad was insistent on going to DTD, so that's what we ended up doing. I never did get to use that hot tub. And of course, because my dad is a prude, we weren't able to share a bed that night even though we live together (we were sharing the room with my parents).

On Friday, we went to ASSp and checked in before going to Cast Connection (a CM-and-guest-only store that sells discontinued and damaged merchandise). We were there for about 45 minutes or so. DF got himself a new hoodie and my mom got some gifts for people. After that, we went to Epcot. I don't really have very many pictures of the weekend, but I have some. I also introduced DF to pin trading and subsequently created a monster. He LOVES pin trading.

Anyway, at Epcot, we walked up to the World Showcase and wandered a little bit before we checked in for our lunch reservation at Rose and Crown. My mom got the Welsh pub burger and the rest of us had fish and chips. It was really good, and I think we'll be going back at some point. We had fastpasses for Spaceship Earth, Figment, and Test Track. There was a HUGE storm and we got completely soaked. DF and I ended up buying towels, and he got flip flops so he could change out of his shoes. The storm was apparently centered right over DHS, which took a lot of lightning. DF and my dad went on Mission Space as well, which made DF a bit weak (he has a mild heart condition and the G-forces you take on that ride didn't sit well; the only reason he went was because my dad didn't want to go alone). We watched Illuminations and had dinner at Electric Umbrella. We also went on The Land, Soarin' (thanks to a magic fastpass from the front desk at ASSp), Nemo, Grand Fiesta Tour, the American Adventure, and... I think something else. I didn't take notes. Of course, we stopped at Karamell Kuche and I got a chocolate and caramel covered strawberry and DF and I shared a marshmallow stick. We stayed until the end of EMH and then went back to the hotel (where DF and I had our own room).

Saturday was spent at DHS for Star Wars Weekends. I have old ankle and knee injuries and DF has an old knee injury, so we ended up renting a wheelchair not long into the morning. Since I'm a CM, I get it for free. We tried to go on Rock n Roller Coaster when we got there, but we were almost to the load area when the ride went down. They waited for a few minutes before they ended up evacing the whole thing. We got fastpasses to come back or go on another ride later that day. After that, DF and I went up to the front to get the chair. We ended up going to see Beauty and the Beast and wandering around a little, including checking out the Animation Courtyard (DF and I tried to meet Baymax, but the line was ridiculous) before we left to go to Y&B for lunch. My mom and I both had their grilled chicken sandwich, which was fantastic. DF had the lobster roll and my dad had their fish and chips, both of which were pronounced excellent. Once we were done, we walked over to Beaches and Cream to get ice cream before walking back to the gazebo. He likes it much better in person.

After we checked out the gazebo, we boarded a Friendship boat back to DHS, where we put DF in the chair because his knee was really hurting him. He was basically only using one leg that day. We went on Toy Story, Tower of Terror, and DF and I went to Watto's Grotto so he could get a Star Wars nametag and build himself a double ended lightsaber. We eventually made it back over to Rock n Roller Coaster (which he'd never been on, but loved), and over to Star Tours. We got the Vader opening, as well as the Death Star sequence. When it came time to watch the fireworks, we found a spot around the lake in front of Hollywood and Vine. It was a pretty good show. We did make it to Fantasmic, and were seated up at the top of the amphitheater because of DF still using the wheelchair. After that, we headed back to the hotel.

On Sunday, we were at MK. We decided to sleep in a bit, since the park was open until midnight, and didn't get there until about 12:30 or so. The plan was to split off from my parents and do our own thing until it was time for fastpasses. DF and I had a reservation at Be Our Guest at 1:05, so we pretty much booked it toward Fantasyland. We got there with about twenty minutes to spare, so we walked around for a few minutes and had a couple of Photopass pictures taken. They don't let you check in until five minutes before your reservation. We loved it, to be honest. The themeing is wonderful and we just really loved it. The food was good, too :lmao: I don't remember what we did first, but I know we went to the shop in the circus tent to look around, and DF finally found himself a pair of ears. We then went next door to meet Goofy and Donald (Goofy is one of his favorites), followed by a trip to Tomorrowland to go on the Peoplemover and Stitch. We met up with my parents to do our fastpasses (Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise) and DF and my dad loved Jungle Cruise. The four of us went to Cosmic to get dinner, then split up again. DF and I went up to Main Street to find a picture frame and then to watch Wishes. I fully admit that I cried during Wishes. It's by far my favorite fireworks show at WDW, and watching it with DF just made it all the better.

After Wishes, we met back up with my parents, who'd gotten stuck on Peter Pan. DF and I found an ornament for this year (I collect them and get at least one a year), and then my mom wanted to go on 7DMT. Without a fastpass. It had a 50 minute wait, so DF and I decided to opt out. We tried to go on BTMRR, but they were closed due to technical difficulties, so we went on Pirates again, which was a walk on. After that, we did Jungle Cruise, which was also a walk on. We had our own private boat and instead of giving us the usual spiel, our skipper gave us a Four Keys tour! After Jungle Cruise, DF and I went on Aladdin and then walked up to Main Street to wander around a little more and get Photopass pictures in front of the castle. My parents met up with us a little after midnight and we went back to ASSp.

The next morning, we went to Trail's End for breakfast, which was really good. I was having a hard time holding it together because I knew that DF was leaving in a couple of hours and I wouldn't see him again for a month and a half. When we got back to my apartment, thankfully both of my roommates were either out or at work, because we were alone. I just started crying like crazy and couldn't stop. He tried to help me calm down, but eventually he had to get going, because my parents were in the parking lot waiting for him. I ended up not being able to stop crying until long after he'd left, and once I was unpacked, I climbed into bed and didn't get out of it until this morning when I had to leave for work (my schedule changed from the 11:30am-8pm shift to the 4am-12:30pm shift starting this week).

He and my parents are still on their way home. I'm watching Star Wars with my roommate and a friend. We're going to Skype when he gets home, as long as he's not too exhausted. Photobucket is being stupid and won't upload my pictures, so once they upload, I'll post them.

Sorry you had such a hard crash when he left, but it sounds like you had a great weekend together. It will go by fast.

You managed to pack quite a bit into your weekend. Sorry the last day was so rough.

Sounds like you fit in a lot of fun into the trip! Mission Space makes me woozy too! Before this last trip, I hadn't been on it since before they introduced the 'easier' version. I handled that one, but the original makes me nauseous. I'm sorry you had such a hard time when he left. Distance is never easy.

On a positive note, Cards Against Humanity and pearls... awesome birthday presents! :)

Sorry you had such a hard crash when he left, but it sounds like you had a great weekend together. It will go by fast.

It really was a good weekend :) I'm glad we had it, even though the end of it was difficult for the both of us. Just seven more weeks and he'll be here for good.

You managed to pack quite a bit into your weekend. Sorry the last day was so rough.

We really did! There were a few things we wanted to do that we didn't get to, but the way Matt and I were looking at it is just that in a few weeks, he'll be here for good and we can go any time we want (contingent on a couple of things that I need to check on). And thanks. We both knew it was going to be rough, I just didn't know it would be that rough.

Sounds like you fit in a lot of fun into the trip! Mission Space makes me woozy too! Before this last trip, I hadn't been on it since before they introduced the 'easier' version. I handled that one, but the original makes me nauseous. I'm sorry you had such a hard time when he left. Distance is never easy.

On a positive note, Cards Against Humanity and pearls... awesome birthday presents! :)

We did! It was a good time :) I can't do Mission Space, even the green side. The tight space makes me anxious and I can't do spinny things. But yeah, distance sucks. Hopefully these next few weeks will go by quickly and then we'll be moving into our new place.

I know! I want to play Cards so badly, but I don't really have enough people to make it a good game.

Picture Time!

Now that Photobucket has chosen to cooperate, here are some pictures from this weekend. I really didn't take very many of them for some reason. I think one of the reasons we didn't take a lot of pictures at Epcot was just because of the weather.

IMG_4917_zpsjho5zqbq.jpg

Us on the tram to Epcot.

IMG_4920_zpsqip4zvy9.jpg

I'd gotten a text from a friend asking if they'd arrived yet, so I sent him this picture :) Apparently this is now Matt's wallpaper on his phone :laughing:

IMG_4919_zpsgtcwc31q.jpg

My dad just graduated from college, so I'd bought him graduation ears. He really only wore them at Epcot.

IMG_4921_zpsy6vduso1.jpg

The requisite trying on of hats at DHS.

IMG_4924_zpszreblsk7.jpg

My parents in line for Rock n Roller Coaster.

IMG_4923_zpssiug33sx.jpg

Us in line.

IMG_4926_zpsqliew53c.jpg

My dad on the boat over to Y&B.

IMG_4928_zpsip73jyrd.jpg

On the dock by Y&B, waiting for the boat.

IMG_4929_zpsq1xwcwxx.jpg

Still on the dock. Look, a boat!

IMG_4925_zps3cqtbnsl.jpg

Neither of us liked the groom hat on him.

IMG_4931_zpslbl5fi0g.jpg

I beat him this time, but I'm sure that once he's played it a few times, he'll usually win.

More to come in the next post.

Look, More Pictures!

IMG_4933_zpsjiy6yzb1.jpg

Waiting for our Be Our Guest reservation.

IMG_4934_zpsmcrxgg10.jpg

Outside Be Our Guest! This is now his Facebook photo, btw.

IMG_4935_zpsblh1t2ki.jpg

IMG_4936_zps8uaq2isb.jpg

IMG_4937_zps3u7zhzit.jpg

IMG_4938_zps4bxwpafx.jpg

IMG_4939_zpshwoqqvjo.jpg

IMG_4941_zpsbek0d2pc.jpg

IMG_4942_zpsg8jqmtiv.jpg

IMG_4943_zps6kdkfaov.jpg

IMG_4944_zpsj6plljch.jpg

IMG_4945_zpsajneomjl.jpg

IMG_4946_zpsh2e1ruz3.jpg

IMG_4948_zpsotvmunnq.jpg

The grey stuff really is delicious!

IMG_4949_zpsvj6pcilf.jpg

IMG_4950_zps1sngetk5.jpg

IMG_4951_zps9vjbh82t.jpg

IMG_4952_zpsq9duxrm0.jpg

IMG_4953_zpstrilt04r.jpg

And this is now MY phone wallpaper.

IMG_4957_zpsruyyo1ll.jpg

On the Peoplemover.

IMG_4958_zpsvr6g0wvo.jpg

They were his idea! He just said they were uncomfortable.

IMG_4959_zpst5ijznbh.jpg

And this is my Facebook photo currently.

IMG_4962_zpsjjjxixrv.jpg

My parents and Matt had never had Dole whip before. So this was their first time.

IMG_4963_zpsod9ukoyo.jpg

IMG_4964_zpskp0p4xav.jpg

My dad got photobombed by a custodial CM.

IMG_4965_zpslef1cr1v.jpg

IMG_4966_zpsim3y1o2m.jpg

Us waiting for Wishes. We had a great spot right in front of Casey's.

IMG_4968_zpsv500yrkh.jpg

My dad liked Gaston's Tavern.

IMG_4970_zpsqnf37lyi.jpg

And last but not least, Matt in his Oswald ears.

I'm glad you got to enjoy the parks with DF and your parents (and so much good food too!) Oh Cast Connection, I miss you so much. So many good finds....

I'm so glad DF likes the gazebo! Nothing stopping you now!

I'm sorry saying see ya real soon was so difficult :hug: I hope work provides a welcome distraction for you. And hey, it's your penciling in month!! So exciting :)

I'm glad you got to enjoy the parks with DF and your parents (and so much good food too!) Oh Cast Connection, I miss you so much. So many good finds....

I'm so glad DF likes the gazebo! Nothing stopping you now!

I'm sorry saying see ya real soon was so difficult :hug: I hope work provides a welcome distraction for you. And hey, it's your penciling in month!! So exciting :)

Me too! I'm also really glad that I picked the restaurants I did. Two of them admittedly were picked because I get a 40% discount at them (Captain's Grille and Trail's End), but I also picked Trail's End because of your review of it :lmao: My parents loved it, especially my dad.

When we were walking up to the gazebo, my parents were ahead of us and I jokingly started humming the bridal march :lmao: Even my dad likes it! We want to run over by it again in October to see how it looks around the time of year that we want, since the flowering of plants and such can potentially change.

It had to happen, sadly enough :( But it's just another seven weeks and then he'll be here. I found another apartment that's available for our move in date and is in our price range, so I'm going to talk to him about it when he wakes up (he didn't get home until almost midnight last night). And yes, it is our penciling in month! I think it's two weeks from Thursday, so that's a good thing. That's also the day I can apply for full-time, so there's a fair bit to be done that day.

It was pretty fun, wasn't it. :)

Yes, it was :teeth:

Everyone, say hi to Matt :) We're skyping at the moment (we've been on Skype for over 3 hours at this point, since we're both off today) and I linked him to the update about the weekend. He decided to make an account :)

YAY for family and DF time. Sorry it was a hard descent. I hope the time goes quick for both of you.

LOVE the pics!!! Looks like you had a great time.

YAY for family and DF time. Sorry it was a hard descent. I hope the time goes quick for both of you.

LOVE the pics!!! Looks like you had a great time.

I'm hoping it does as well. We did have a pretty good time, all things considered! I just wish the visit had been longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter