Two Families-One World!! Our FIRST WDW Trip PTR! ***UPDATED 4/28***

jchurch0409

Mouseketeer
Pre-Trip Report: Two Families-One World! Our First WDW Trip!!

Hi all! I have been enjoying all the trip reports and pre-trip reports here on the boards! I love to read about how everyone plans their trips and then how they turn out! It is like living the magic through someone else! I have decided to try my hand at my own PTR and trip report. Hope you will join in and hopefully it won’t be too boring! :lmao:

First off, a little background on our family and then some introductions! The group of us going includes me (Tiff), the hubby (Jonathan), and our three kiddos (Piper-5, Gabriel-3, and Simon-14 months). Also joining us are my Mom (Carla), Step-dad (Jason), my sister, and brother (Shayda-7 and Drake-5).

My Mom and I have only been to the World once, in 1989. I was three at the time, so I really don’t remember it! So this trip will be like the first time for me! My hubby has been twice, the last time in 1997. My step-dad has been twice, in 1989 and 1993, when he was 12. No one else in our group has ever been! So we are all super excited to be planning our first family trip to WDW!! :cheer2:

Now let me introduce this crazy bunch!
:dance3:

First up is me, Tiff!
IMG_0362.jpg

I will be 28 on this trip. I am a SAHM to my lovely kiddos! I love Disney! My favorite movies are “Tangled”, “Brave”, and “Frozen.” My favorite classic movie is “Beauty and the Beast.”

Next up is the hubby, Jonathan!
348db69e-0381-4f83-af36-a6da85c2da40.jpg

He will be 29 on this trip! He hasn’t been since he was 11, so he is very excited to see how much WDW has changed! His favorite classic Disney movie is “Beauty and the Beast” and his favorite new one is “Frozen.” His favorite ride is ToT and he has already been showing Piper and Shayda YouTube videos of it!

DD (5)---Piper
IMG_0762.jpg

She is in love with princesses and fairies! Her favorites include Elsa and Tinkerbell. She is also a big fan of Rapunzel, Alice, and Mary Poppins. She will be 6 when we travel. She is our little princess!

DS (3)---Gabriel
IMG_0768.jpg

Gabriel will be 4 when we make our trip! He loves all things trains! He is most excited to ride the Walt Disney World Railroad. He gets so excited to see it at the beginning of all Disney movies! He loves “Cars” and “Planes.” He is also a big fan of “Frozen” and “Toy Story.”

DS (14 months)--Simon

DSC_7567copy.jpg

Simon will be almost 2 when we travel! He loves “Jake and the Neverland Pirates” and pretty much anything with music!

Next up are my Mom and Step-Dad---Mom and Jason from here on out
IMG_0850.jpg

My Mom was not a fan of WDW when she took my older brother, my sister, and me to Disney in 1989. She is excited to take my little brother and sister, so I am hoping that will change her mind about WDW! Her favorite movie is “The Lion King.” Jason has been to Disney twice, so he so he is excited to finally be going back!

Little Sister (7)--- Shayda

IMG_20140811_0001.jpg

Shayda is super girly and loves all things princess. She has been begging to do to WDW for years! Her favorite movie is “Frozen” and “Ponyo.”

Little Brother (5)---Drake
IMG_1001.jpg

Drake is full of energy! He loves superheroes and all things outside. He loves to ride the rides, but is also a scaredy-cat. :) His favorite Disney character is Lightning McQueen.

Whew! Everyone has left the planning up to me! I have already been working on everything! If I have done anything wrong with these pictures (they look ginormous to me), please give me any tips! This is my first time every doing anything like this on a forum, so all the formatting and what not is new to me!

Also, my grammar may not always be the best! I AM from the south, y'all! :lmao:

Table of Contents

1. The When and Where
2. First Day of Kindergarten
3. Dining Plans
4. So, what did we book?
5. Resort Changes
6. Daily Plans Part I (Days 1 & 2)
7. Daily Plans Part II (Day 3)
8. Daily Plans Part III (Day 4)
9. Daily Plans Part IV (Days 5 & 6)
10. Daily Plans Part V (Day 7)
11. Daily Plans Part VI (Days 8 & 9)

12. Paid in FULL!!! :yay:
13. Autograph Book and Sewing projects!
14. What do we want for FP+?
15. Did we get the elusive A&E FP+?!?
16. Family Movie Nights! :happytv:
17. EPCOT/F&G Snacks!
18. Magic Kingdom Snacks
19. Beauty and the Beast Movie Night/Sewing Projects!
20. More Dresses---FINALLY finished them all!!
21. Finished Projects!
22. Final Plans---Days 1-3
23. Final Plans---Days 4-5
24. Final Plans---Day 6
25. Final Plans---Day 7-9

Last edited:
So, now that I have told you who all is joining us, I am sure you are dying to know the rest of the details! :rotfl:

The When...

We are planning on booking for May 2-May 9, 2015. Since Shayda, Piper, and Drake will all be in school, we tried to find a week where they already had a break. Thankfully, our school system has several breaks throughout the year. So they will only be missing three days of school for this trip.

I really hope to get us booked within the next two weeks! :yay:

We went back and forth on when we should leave for the trip. Here were the two options I gave everyone. :lmao:

Option 1

Leave early Saturday (5/2) morning, about 6:00 am. We would stop for lunch around Saint George, SC. That is close to the halfway point for us. The drive is about 9 ½ hours, without stops. I am estimating it will take us about 11 hours total to get there with stops. So, this would put us arriving around 5:00 pm. We would then just check into ASM and visit the pool and have a good time relaxing and settling in. We may venture to DTD and shop a little and have dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express. The other idea for this day would be to go to the Poly, ride the monorail, have a meal at Capt. Cook’s and possibly watch Wishes from the beach.

Option 2

This is the option that I am pushing for. :lovestruc The kids will get out of school at 12:30 on Friday (5/1) since they have a four day weekend. I want to leave around 1:30-2:00 that day. That would mean the hubby and Jason would have to take an extra half day off from work. We would travel to Saint George, SC and stop for a fast food dinner. We would drive to our hotel that is about 30 minutes from Orlando. The next morning, we would get up early and head to ASM. We would see if our room was ready, if not, we would explore the resort some. Then we will head to DTD for some shopping and lunch. That evening, we would head the the Poly, if construction is completed. We would take a ride on the monorail and then would do a QS dinner there (Capt. Cook’s) and possibly stay for Wishes on the beach.

Hopefully I can get everyone on board for the second option! :confused3 I love the fact that it gives us a whole extra day to relax and get in the Disney Spirit!

And the where:

All-Star_movies_resort_toy_STORY.jpg

We are going to be staying at the All-Star Movies Resort. We are requesting a preferred room in the Toy Story section. This will probably be the only time we get to stay in the value resorts since the next trip will be after Simon turns 3.

We will be getting the Quick Service Dining Plan. I have read so many differing opinions on this, but we decided to go ahead and get it. When we go on vacation, we are usually super cheap. We stay in a room with a kitchen and make most of our meals. While doing research for this trip, I was super excited to see the rooms in the value resorts have no kitchens or even microwaves! This way, I was able to sell the hubby and Mom on the dining plan. It will be so nice to just grab a bite to eat and not look at the prices and calculate everything.

We have discussed getting the regular Dining Plan, but haven’t came to a decision yet. There are several Character Meals we would like to do (Supercalifragilistic Breakfast and Hollywood and Vine), and this would help with the cost. The only thing I have against this is that I don’t want to be tied down to meal reservations on our first trip.

*Images from Google Images

Oh my! What a beautiful family! Your kids are all very adorable, but my, my, that Simon is stealing my heart right now, such an adorable little nugget!! I think I am feeling nostalgic because he is about the age Maddie was when we first went to WDW!!! (Did you read my Trip Report from our Aug trip?)

Your plans look good, especially option #2!! Sending you some pixie dust that it works out for you!

As for dining plan, I think you should spring for it, it was the opposite of your fears for me. It was nice to have time to sit and relax and get out of the sun, and making it to a reserved time was never a problem for us, even with our strollers and baby gear and stuff! It was just so stress free with the dining plan bc we just showed up, didn't even have to look at prices of things, and just really made us feel like we were on vacation livin' it up! SO nice! Also, Disney is soooo accommodating. If you make an ADR and that day it looks like plans are changing or you wont make it they will work hard to switch things for you!

Cant wait to read more, of course I am subbing! :hyper:

Yay!! My first comment! :yay: :wave2:

Oh my! What a beautiful family! Your kids are all very adorable, but my, my, that Simon is stealing my heart right now, such an adorable little nugget!! I think I am feeling nostalgic because he is about the age Maddie was when we first went to WDW!!! (Did you read my Trip Report from our Aug trip?)​

Thank you! I saw that Maddie was around his age on your first trip! It is so nice to read other stories of young children at Disney! I was a little nervous about taking him, but I know he will love it!

I am reading your August TR now!! :):surfweb:

Your plans look good, especially option #2!! Sending you some pixie dust that it works out for you!

As for dining plan, I think you should spring for it, it was the opposite of your fears for me. It was nice to have time to sit and relax and get out of the sun, and making it to a reserved time was never a problem for us, even with our strollers and baby gear and stuff! It was just so stress free with the dining plan bc we just showed up, didn't even have to look at prices of things, and just really made us feel like we were on vacation livin' it up! SO nice! Also, Disney is soooo accommodating. If you make an ADR and that day it looks like plans are changing or you wont make it they will work hard to switch things for you!

Cant wait to read more, of course I am subbing! :hyper:

Thank you for the advice!! I am really leaning towards the regular Dining Plan. I know my hubby wants to do it. Now, if I can just talk my Step-dad into it, lol. He is a cheap-o. It took my Mom and me forever to talk him into the QS dining plan, :rotfl:

First let me say, :welcome:
How fun to be able to do this as a family!! We also did Disney w/ extended family when I was growing up!!!

I like option 2 also!!!! My vote counts, right? :rotfl2:
I'll be following along! The kids are adorable!!!

First let me say, :welcome:
How fun to be able to do this as a family!! We also did Disney w/ extended family when I was growing up!!!

I like option 2 also!!!! My vote counts, right? :rotfl2:
I'll be following along! The kids are adorable!!!

Thank you!! I love the DIS! Everyone is so awesome here! I am so excited to go with my family and make these memories!

Of course your vote counts! ;)

I love the DIS too!!! I have learned sooo much here!!!! Lots of great ideas! It also keeps your family from going crazy when you have Disney brain lol

Ahhh, dining plan is def a lot of moolah, so just try to play up the non-stress side if having it! And if you want character meals those are a big expense so it's nice to prepay for everything so all you have to worry about is shopping!!

LOL!! That is so true! My hubby humors me, but I know he gets tired of hearing all the details that are running through my head! :rotfl2:

Ahhh, dining plan is def a lot of moolah, so just try to play up the non-stress side if having it! And if you want character meals those are a big expense so it's nice to prepay for everything so all you have to worry about is shopping!!

I was able to talk to my Mom yesterday about the dining plan. She was all for the regular dining plan!! :cool1:

She said it was sooo worth it for all the character meals! So at least she is on board! I have been working on our daily schedules and getting all the ADR times wrote out, so I know what I want! I agree, it is so nice to have everything paid for so we can save money for things other than food!​

So, now that I have told you who all is joining us, I am sure you are dying to know the rest of the details! :rotfl:

The When...

We are planning on booking for May 2-May 9, 2015. Since Shayda, Piper, and Drake will all be in school, we tried to find a week where they already had a break. Thankfully, our school system has several breaks throughout the year. So they will only be missing three days of school for this trip.

I really hope to get us booked within the next two weeks! :yay:

We went back and forth on when we should leave for the trip. Here were the two options I gave everyone. :lmao:

Option 1

Leave early Saturday (5/2) morning, about 6:00 am. We would stop for lunch around Saint George, SC. That is close to the halfway point for us. The drive is about 9 ½ hours, without stops. I am estimating it will take us about 11 hours total to get there with stops. So, this would put us arriving around 5:00 pm. We would then just check into ASM and visit the pool and have a good time relaxing and settling in. We may venture to DTD and shop a little and have dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express. The other idea for this day would be to go to the Poly, ride the monorail, have a meal at Capt. Cook’s and possibly watch Wishes from the beach.

Option 2

This is the option that I am pushing for. :lovestruc The kids will get out of school at 12:30 on Friday (5/1) since they have a four day weekend. I want to leave around 1:30-2:00 that day. That would mean the hubby and Jason would have to take an extra half day off from work. We would travel to Saint George, SC and stop for a fast food dinner. We would drive to our hotel that is about 30 minutes from Orlando. The next morning, we would get up early and head to ASM. We would see if our room was ready, if not, we would explore the resort some. Then we will head to DTD for some shopping and lunch. That evening, we would head the the Poly, if construction is completed. We would take a ride on the monorail and then would do a QS dinner there (Capt. Cook’s) and possibly stay for Wishes on the beach.

Hopefully I can get everyone on board for the second option! :confused3 I love the fact that it gives us a whole extra day to relax and get in the Disney Spirit!

And the where:

All-Star_movies_resort_toy_STORY.jpg

We are going to be staying at the All-Star Movies Resort. We are requesting a preferred room in the Toy Story section. This will probably be the only time we get to stay in the value resorts since the next trip will be after Simon turns 3.

We will be getting the Quick Service Dining Plan. I have read so many differing opinions on this, but we decided to go ahead and get it. When we go on vacation, we are usually super cheap. We stay in a room with a kitchen and make most of our meals. While doing research for this trip, I was super excited to see the rooms in the value resorts have no kitchens or even microwaves! This way, I was able to sell the hubby and Mom on the dining plan. It will be so nice to just grab a bite to eat and not look at the prices and calculate everything.

We have discussed getting the regular Dining Plan, but haven’t came to a decision yet. There are several Character Meals we would like to do (Supercalifragilistic Breakfast and Hollywood and Vine), and this would help with the cost. The only thing I have against this is that I don’t want to be tied down to meal reservations on our first trip.

*Images from Google Images

We are going the exact same time as you but May 2- May 10 Staying at the All Star Resorts as well. We are going back and forth between Movies and Music! :)

Joining in! Your family is adorable. I love that birthday Simon has on in his picture. So cute!
I loved having the dining plan on our last trip and am looking forward to having it again this year. I do think it makes things so much easier.
I like both options but how fun would it be to leave right after getting out of school!

Joining in! Your family is adorable. I love that birthday Simon has on in his picture. So cute!

:welcome: Thank you so much for reading and joining in! Thank you so much! I made it for him! It is one of my favorite creations so far!

I loved having the dining plan on our last trip and am looking forward to having it again this year. I do think it makes things so much easier.
I like both options but how fun would it be to leave right after getting out of school!

I am soooo looking forward to the dining plan! We always are so cheap on vacation when it comes to food. We usually cook all our meals and only eat out 2-3 times, so I am so excited about this! I have been looking at menus for a while now and drooling over all the choices. :scratchin I think it will definitely make things easier!

I know! It would be so awesome to leave right after school!!:yay:

This post is :offtopic:!

Today was Piper and Drake's first day of kindergarten! I can't believe my first baby is in school! :worried: Where has the time gone? :confused3

082389f8-cb8d-45b0-9b1b-74b71934c753.jpg

6d4475bb-41a8-400d-8595-4dea7f04b91b.jpg

They only stay half a day this week, so it won't be long before I get to pick her up!

Now on to the trip news! We are planning on booking next week! We are closing on our first house this week, so we wanted to wait until after that to book! :cool1:

Hey! I'm in - don't know how I didn't find this earlier! I hope Piper had a great first week at school, Grant started a few weeks ago and is loving it.

Yay for character meals/the dining plan - so far everything sounds great!

Hey! I'm in - don't know how I didn't find this earlier! I hope Piper had a great first week at school, Grant started a few weeks ago and is loving it.

Yay for character meals/the dining plan - so far everything sounds great!

Yay!! Thanks for joining in! :welcome: She loves it! I miss her like crazy when she is gone, but I am so glad she loves it! I am glad that Grant likes it!

I have been following along with you PTR! I can't wait to read your TR when you get back since we have kids the same age! :)

WOW! Sorry it has been so long! We moved in September and had to stay with my mom for a few weeks and now we don't have internet at the moment, but will next week! Needless to say, things have been kind of hectic for us the past month and a half! Anyways...on to the PTR!

We were finally able to book! We ended up changing our reservation to...

Staying in these rooms...

So what have we planned so far?

I am such a planner and organizer! I always do all the planning for our yearly vacations. The planning is half the fun, as I am sure most of you know!

I have a rough idea of how we will spend our days in the parks. I also know several quick service meals that we want to try and what ADRs we are aiming for.

Here are the extra activities that we are planning:

1. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for Piper and Shayda
2. Knight Package at BBB for Drake and Gabriel.
3. Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party
4. Haircut for Simon at Harmony Barber Shop.

ADR day is Monday!! Here are the ADRs I hope to get:

1. Supercalifragilistic Breakfast or Dinner (still deciding on which time)
2. Hollywood and Vine Breakfast
3. Be Our Guest Dinner
4. Akershus Royal Banquet Dinner
5. Tusker House Breakfast
6. Chef Mickey’s Dinner

I love food!!

Now that we have decided on the regular dining plan, I have been working on our ADRs! I am so excited for several of these. I am are planning on seven ADRs. Here is a rough estimate of the days and times I want to try to book.

Day One: Arrival

1: Breakfast at our hotel in Ormond Beach
2: Lunch in Downtown Disney---Probably Earl of Sandwich
3: Dinner at Chef Mickey’s

Park Day One: DHS

1: Hollywood and Vine--As close to 8:00 AM as possible
2: Fairfax Fare
3: 50’s Prime Time--6:30 PM

Park Day Two: Epcot

1: Breakfast in room.
2: Sunshine Seasons
3: Akershus Royal Banquet--7:30-8:00 PM

Day Three: Resort Day

1: 1900 Park Fare--10:00 AM
2: McDonald’s for Supper--Our kids love McDonald’s and want to visit the one with the huge play area. We may end up eating at AoA food court instead.

Park Day Four: Magic Kingdom Day One

1: Breakfast in room
2: Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn
3: Cosmic Ray’s

Park Day Five: Animal Kingdom

1: Tusker House--As close to 8:00 as possible
2: Pizzafari
3: Flame Tree BBQ

Park Day Six: Magic Kingdom Day Two

1: Breakfast in the room
2: Columbia Harbour House
3: Be Our Guest--Anytime I can get, as long as it isn't really late!

Hi, just thought Id come over and check out the PTR. Did you end up getting the ADRs you wanted?

I'm glad that you went with AoA instead of the All Stars. I'm a big fan of Pop and now AoA over the All Star resorts. I'm sure you'll love AoA. It just blows the other values out of the water. :thumbsup2

Sorry it has been so long since my last update. I am pretty terrible at this PTR thing! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! I know Santa was good to us! Here are a few photos from our celebrations!

The kids (plus my nephew who is living with us) meeting Santa!

She loved her giant Elsa doll!

Now, on to the fun stuff!! What ADRs did I end up with??

Here is what I ended up with:

Saturday---May 2

Chef Mickey's----5:20 PM

Sunday---May 3

Hollywood & Vine---8:05 AM

50's Prime Time---6:40 PM

Monday---May 4

Akershus Royal Banquet---7:55 PM

Tuesday---May 5

1900 Park Fare---9:50 AM

Thursday---May 7

Tusker House---8:35 AM

Friday---May 8

Be Our Guest---4:15 PM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter