Two days at MK with toddler, meals?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
So I really want to do counter service to save time and money, and am going to try very hard to get a CRT reservation (early dinner, or lunch if no dinner available). DD will be 3 1/2 during our trip and we are spending two days at MK, one day I think we'll have lunch at Columbia Harbor House and the other day at Peco's or Tortuga. However, are we missing something (restaurant with toddler that is worth it while at MK)? Is BOG like a definite not to be missed new restaurant? TIA!

I would say Crystal Palace (buffet) is your best bet with a 3.5 yo. I would personally prioritize that over BOG which has no characters and décor isn't exactly impressive to a 'lil one.

Even if your DD has no idea who the characters are (from Winnie the Pooh) she will probably think they are cute and cuddly. My kids loved the characters and had never seen the movie, read the book etc. Some of the cutest pictures I got from our last trip were from CP.

We really liked the Pinnochio Village Haus. It is a counter service right next to Small World with a lot of indoor seating. We sat inside and the windows by our table overlooked the Small World loading area...so our toddler was happy to watch the boats sailing by. We all had flat bread pizzas and she had nuggets and we all kind of shared. It was convenient since we were hanging out in Fantasyland a lot that trip.

Crystal Palace is cute, but with a toddler/preschooler I really appreciate the ease of counter service while at MK.Being able to eat when/where you are ready is a blessing with a small child that isn't able to be patient to wait for the reservation time. Be Our Guest is really cool. There is lots to look and my son (on trips when he was 3 & 4) has always enjoyed it. Pinocchio Village House overlooking IASW is also neat with a little kid.

My over stimulated ball of pure energy laced with candy...i.e. 2.5 yo son...loved the Village Haus because he could wave at people boarding the Small World boats. Kept him busy, we got to use both hands to eat, no one around us was being bothered = small miracle. Buffets were hard because he was just simply to excited and antsy.

Every kid is different, but I've found mine could care less where we eat so we gear meal time more toward us. That said, another place to consider is the plaza. It's table service but at counter service prices and always a nice respite from the crowds and heat

I agree with Pinocchio house. We went there for lunch twice while visiting with our 3 and almost 2 year old. Food selection was decent and tried to get there by 11 ish to beat the rush. There is also a bathroom out the back door which is very convenient.

We also did the Pooh meal at Crystal Palace. Fun for the kids, not very relaxing for the parents.

If you don't have any luck with CRT, consider hopping the monorail over to Grand Floridian and going to 1900 Park Fare for an early dinner. You'll still get to see Cinderella and the Prince, along with the Stepmother and Stepsisters. The Tremaines are absolutely hysterical and maybe she'll get her princess fix that way! We really enjoyed the food there as well--and it's a whole lot less expensive too!

DS was almost 3 on last trip and I will never forget his face when he saw Pooh at CP. The magic is real for the littlest ones. Going back next trip. If you want a QS break from the park, take the monorail one stop to the Contempo Cafe at Contemporary. Freshest QS options and bonus "ride".

1) With a toddler, I would do a QS meal at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café in Tomorrowland.
2) The animatronics (Sonny Eclipse) will enthrall the kid.

NOTE: Have to admit, that after all these years and MY ADVANCED AGE, I still enjoy the "show".

Another vote for no TS but instead enjoy the CS offerings. Most CS (adult) meals are more than large enough to share with a kid. No way would I pay OOP for buffet for a kid to eat 200 calories worth of sugary foods...... Most kids LOVE Cosmic Rays and Pinocchio's (upstairs).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter