Two bedroom villa in SSR or OKW?

Cinderella2006

Fairy Tale Wedding 1st November 2006
Pricing up next years holiday and looking at a Two bed villa ... stayed at OKW in a studio and i really liked the resort but it was a bit spread out :eek: and i didnt think much of the CS ... it was nice, just small. I am just being picky here! I loved the community room, we went here quite often to rent a DVD or for the kids to play pool or on the wii :banana:
Well being a family of five and now youngest DS will be 3 next trip we have no choice but a two bed :cool1:
My aunty and uncle may also come with us. I am thinking SSR for the pure fact of it being near DTD and it being the newer resort :confused3
I had a quick search but could not find much info on room!? Obviously two bedrooms but how many beds? It says villa sleeps 8.

Which would you choose and why?

Thank you :lovestruc

I would choose SSR as it's newer and the location is slightly better with Downtown Disney opposite.

In a 2 bedroom you get a king in the master and either 2 queens or a queen and a double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom with a queen sleeper in the living room.

At OKW you are guareenteed 2 queens in the 2nd bed room but at SSR you would only get the 2 queens in a dedicated villa.

OKW has the largest room and is currently under full refrebishment. SSR has a walkway to DTD. Both have a boat to Dtd.

SSR CS is slighter bigger too.

Both are spread out resorts because of their type.

HTH

I would choose SSR as it's newer and the location is slightly better with Downtown Disney opposite.

That is the exact reason why i am leaning towards to SSR ... if only they had a bed instead of the sofa. Decisions, decisions :rolleyes1

In a 2 bedroom you get a king in the master and either 2 queens or a queen and a double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom with a queen sleeper in the living room.

At OKW you are guareenteed 2 queens in the 2nd bed room but at SSR you would only get the 2 queens in a dedicated villa.

OKW has the largest room and is currently under full refrebishment. SSR has a walkway to DTD. Both have a boat to Dtd.

SSR CS is slighter bigger too.

Both are spread out resorts because of their type.

HTH

Now it is interesting to know they are doing a full refurb ... they were doing a block when we were there last August. Not that we had a problem with our room, we had a lovely little studio, bit dated but clean and not too tatty :)

I had a feeling SSR would only have the double sofa ... this is why we chose a studio in OKW not SSR :upsidedow

If you request a dedicated 2 bed at SSR, rather than a 2 bed lockoff (1 bed plus adjoining studio) you will get the 2 beds in the second bedroom.

If you request a dedicated 2 bed at SSR, rather than a 2 bed lockoff (1 bed plus adjoining studio) you will get the 2 beds in the second bedroom.

That sounds a great idea ... thanks :thumbsup2

You can see the floorplans for rooms at OKW and SSR (and any other DVC property) at the DVC website. This is the link to the page with the floorplans for OKW:

http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/...d=ProspectsOldKeyWestResortAccommodationsPage

That is a great detailed site, why didn't i think of that ... doh! :thumbsup2

Im sure i read somewhere that when the re fit is completed at OKW that they are going to put a sleeper chair in the 1 bedroom so that it sleeps 5, We are also a family of 5 and the difference between the 1 bed and 2 bed price wise is massive. I think it was a thread over on the Dibb that i saw it but havent found any confirmation of this - but might be worth giving disney a call to see if this is true :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter