Two Adjoining Rooms vs Two Bedroom Villa

MamaMaleficent2016

Mouseketeer
We've stayed in Deluxe Resorts on all of our trips. We've done a single room, a one bedroom villa and a two bedroom villa. We liked the space provided by the villa but we don't use the kitchen. We don't need it.

We are two adults, one adult girl child (19) and a boy 12 and a girl 10.

I've done some rough math and it seems like two adjoining rooms may be a little less cost than a villa.

Our main purpose would be to get everyone their own bed and space so we can decompress and rest after our busy days of togetherness in the parks.

We will spend 10 to 12 nights at WDW. We are considering spending half our time at a MK resort and half at an Epcot resort.

I would like your opinions and thoughts on best approach? Has anyone done adjoining rooms? How was that experience? Thanks in advance.

Edited: We would want connecting rooms. Not just next to each other.

Last edited:
One consideration is that adjoining rooms are never guaranteed. A2BR villa is what it is, who is guaranteed to be a single unit. It also has a washer-dryer, which two rooms would not.

If the rooms did not adjoin, would that be an issue for you? If yes, a 2BR solves that.

One consideration is that adjoining rooms are never guaranteed. A2BR villa is what it is, who is guaranteed to be a single unit. It also has a washer-dryer, which two rooms would not.

If the rooms did not adjoin, would that be an issue for you? If yes, a 2BR solves that.
It would be an issue if they didn't connect and I hadn't thought about washer/dryer. thanks.

Connecting rooms are a NON GUARANTEED request. You could receive your request, you could not connect but be nearby each other, or you could be on different floors or even different buildings depending on your resort. No guarantee.
In a 2 BR Villa you know you will be together.

We love the 2 bedrooms for our family of 5 as we Love the lounge area to chill and relax together. I use the laundry a lot. I just throw a load on as we leave in the morning and dry it when we get in s we do laundry without wasting time to do laundry. We also don't cook but I love having the kitchen as we always have drinks and snacks available for the kids to go help themselves.

If connecting rooms were a booking category we would probably never have done a 2 bedroom or bought DVC but as they are not the 2 bedrooms seem the perfect solution.

We've stayed in Deluxe Resorts on all of our trips. We've done a single room, a one bedroom villa and a two bedroom villa. We liked the space provided by the villa but we don't use the kitchen. We don't need it.

We are two adults, one adult girl child (19) and a boy 12 and a girl 10.

I've done some rough math and it seems like two adjoining rooms may be a little less cost than a villa.

Our main purpose would be to get everyone their own bed and space so we can decompress and rest after our busy days of togetherness in the parks.

We will spend 10 to 12 nights at WDW. We are considering spending half our time at a MK resort and half at an Epcot resort.

I would like your opinions and thoughts on best approach? Has anyone done adjoining rooms? How was that experience? Thanks in advance.

Edited: We would want connecting rooms. Not just next to each other.
Two rooms will be less expensive than a 2-bedroom DVC villa just because you get so much less than what you get with the villa.

That being said, your chances of "connecting" rooms will depend greatly on availability at the time that rooms are assigned. You will have greater success if that is your only room request (i.e. not asking for an upper floor, or "close to transportation" or ANYTHING other than connecting rooms).

You will need to evaluate whether the savings outweighs the risk of not having connecting rooms. You will also need to consider if the sofa beds in the villas are a big enough negative to swing your decision.

Thanks for all your responses. Thinking a villa is going to be the best bet. I can't chance us not getting connecting rooms. I really appreciate the input.

We have a family of 7 and we always do connected rooms. Yes it's cheaper. The por connected rooms are great! You can always call wdw and let them know you'll need adjoining roomsits never been an issue. Most rooms are adjoined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter