twisney.com

I plan on updating during my trip next month as well....

What a great service...

I'm not going to the parks anytime soon myself, but I love watching the Twisney site.

If any of you go, and you post, keep your ears open for funny guest comments and strange things seen in the parks; those are my favorite Twisney posts. It can be hilarious and highly entertaining.

I had a lot of fun using twisney.com when we were at WDW last month. My original thought was just to let the folks at home know what we were up to, but now that I'm home I also have a play-by-play record of what we did during the week. As Pete would say, "Very cool".

You can see my posts here. (if you like what you see, you can also vote for me as twisney poster of the month for May).

Len.

well the next step is getting folks to take a crowd pic at the entrance to the parks everyday though out the day... which will make for an instant crowd blog. so ya put in the location and the date... then for folks that wanna go back and see what the crowds are like, there is a historic photo record.

Then the advanced, would be pics of the times boards in the parks. or even as a way to play hide and seek... just txt in real time updates of your location to the twisney maps.

Then the super advanced would be with qik footage. qik.com requires a special phone with above avg internet connection, to stream video live to the internet. Talk about being your own CNN... would could post pics and stream in real time from the parks at stuff like Wide World of Sports, the opening of new attractions, the daily crowd blog, the daily hidden mickey, or when you run into folks from the boards in the parks,

There is huge potential for geeks and obsessive compulsives to have fun with this sort of technology. Or even, when breaking stuff happens like the kid with the backpack and devil issues at Planet hollywood, someone roll up on the scene, activate the live streaming... "hello and I am Allen Hunter here with Molly Quinn live on location at planet hollywood just in time for the blue plate special that is lousy and the kid that made a threat to blow up the restaurant in an effort to prevent people from having a lousy dining experience. When asked why, the kid stated the devil made him do it, because the devil hates bad service, cold appetizers, and Hollandaise sauce from a packet is not real Hollandaise sauce."

if any one wants to donate to the cause, i am game for being just that reporter.

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I ran a search for "qik" and this popped up. Its funny how much technology has grown in just over a year. If anyone is interested I will be doing something like this in a couple of weeks:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2282661

Not to hijack but did anyone else jump out of there skin when they saw this at the top of the boards?

twisney.com doesn't work for me.

I just get a message saying the site might be for sale by owner :(

Nevermind, this thread is from forever and a day ago :)

Sorry, I didn't want to stir up anything up that I shouldn't have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter