Twirling Through the World: Magic, Memories, & Maladies-Sept. 2011 TR- NEW PTR 6/18!

great start! I've got kiddos close to the age of your oldest two. can't wait to hear more!
I love how much fun my kids are at this age. Perfect age for WDW!:thumbsup2
Subbing! I can't wait to hear more.

Very impressed at the amount of luggage that you were able to get in the car. :thumbsup2
:woohoo:Thanks. I thought it was pretty awesome, too. Haha! Seriously, though, my MIL was going to have to hold her luggage in her lap if it didn't fit, and being late getting to our house while packing was happening was risky on her part!

So here are our similarities so far, all apple devices for us (itouch,iphone,ipad!), fully but amazingly packed van, and starbucks double shot and frap!

You guys had much less of a drive than us, but i would not want to do it with a baby again!

looking forward to hearing about your first day in the park... if you made it that is!
:rotfl2:That doesn't shock me at all! You're like the Yankee version of me, and I think we're pretty great;)!
Great start!

what is up with the teeny tiny hotel pillows lately?! I don't know if it's a new trend or I've just gotten pickier about my pillows...I feel like I never used to encounter them, but now they're everywhere!

Does chick-fil-A do a plain, unseasoned chicken breast cut up, or is it the same as the chargrilled sandwich? We've tried ordering those without the bun, but my oldest doesn't like the seasoning on them.

ETA: and I was cracking up about the "chenille sticks." I've never heard that before!
I do not know. Is it the fascination with all things "cute" in today's society? Like the mini Coke bottles and the little cookies that are bite-sized?!? Does anybody even LIKE those things? NO! Stupid. There were a million of those pillows on the bed, but at least it was "cute!":rolleyes:
As for the chicken, I'm not sure. Brynn likes spiced things, so we've only ever gotten it with spices. And, yes, it's the same breast from the chargrilled sandwich. I have to agree--I don't really enjoy the spices on it, but she thinks it's great.
True story about those chenille sticks. When I was teaching, I once got the stink-eye for saying I needed to put pipe cleaners on my order form. Add that to the list of things that frustrated me about teaching:rolleyes1...

Super cute kids! Can't wait to read more as I leave next week for my first trip with kids (my niece and nephew 2 and 4!)

Jill in CO
Thanks!! Last year my girls were 2 and 4 on the trip. Such magical ages:lovestruc! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Great update!

Did you really mean 5 minutes, or five hours before you got to Disney?

Looking forward to reading more! :thumbsup2
:banana:Thanks for joining in!

Great update!

Did you really mean 5 minutes, or five hours before you got to Disney?
Five MINUTES! We stayed just outside the gates on Friday night. We weren't sure how far we'd make it that night, as three kids in a van could go really well or really...not, so we didn't make a reservation anywhere in case we had to stop a few hours into the drive. Luckily, our kids were perfect angels and real troopers up until a few minutes from WDW, so we didn't stop until we arrived! Last year we tried checking in on a Friday and didn't get any of our requests because most people check out on Saturday and we were left with slim pickings, so we didn't want to check into Pop Century until Saturday. You'll see tomorrow if this logic worked or not;). I must say, waking up on Saturday morning and not having a long drive was wonderful!

subscribing :goodvibes
YAY!!:dance3: Glad you're here!

Five MINUTES! We stayed just outside the gates on Friday night. We weren't sure how far we'd make it that night, as three kids in a van could go really well or really...not, so we didn't make a reservation anywhere in case we had to stop a few hours into the drive. Luckily, our kids were perfect angels and real troopers up until a few minutes from WDW, so we didn't stop until we arrived! Last year we tried checking in on a Friday and didn't get any of our requests because most people check out on Saturday and we were left with slim pickings, so we didn't want to check into Pop Century until Saturday. You'll see tomorrow if this logic worked or not;). I must say, waking up on Saturday morning and not having a long drive was wonderful!

Wow! That's great!

Great travel day! Poor Sawyer...I sometimes want to cry when we've been on the road too long;) Great room and what a great deal!! Can't wait for more:thumbsup2

Great travel day! Poor Sawyer...I sometimes want to cry when we've been on the road too long;) Great room and what a great deal!! Can't wait for more:thumbsup2

We really couldn't have asked for a better travel day, especially considering we started in the middle of the day and the kids missed their naps:eek:! I agree, I was kind of at the point of tears myself and I felt so sorry for him. He was keeping with our tradition, though--each year one kid melts down within a few miles of WDW--and we wouldn't want to break tradition:rotfl2:!

Great T.R. So far!! I can't believe all the stuff you got packed into the van....nice going.:goodvibes I think that is the same Comfort Inn we stay in the night before we go to the parks. Can't wait to hear more!

Awesome packing skills!! That's great how close to Disney you got!
Thank you! Thank you! ::takes a bow::
I've already made a mental note of what I can leave out next time (LOTS) and what I need more of for the next trip. I'll make sure to include those details as they come up!

Great T.R. So far!! I can't believe all the stuff you got packed into the van....nice going.:goodvibes I think that is the same Comfort Inn we stay in the night before we go to the parks. Can't wait to hear more!

Glad you're enjoying it! I think that Comfort Inn is a great find. We'll probably stay there next year on our first night, too, but I'll make sure to bring in my pillow!:thumbsup2

We all piled into the van quickly after throwing our overnight bags into the back and grabbing our park bags.
Five minutes later, we saw this.
P9160023.jpg

The girls…okay, all of us…started chanting, “DISNEY! DISNEY! DISNEY!”
A couple of minutes later, we clapped and bounced as we pulled in next to this beauty.
P9160027.jpg

Brandon gave the guard my license, which was already handily in the pouch around my neck.
P9160028.jpg

The guard sensed our excitement, welcomed us home, and gave the kids stickers that said “Junior Security.”

Sawyer started a short nap as Mamie and I walked into the lobby to check in. I purposely did not do online check-in, as I’ve always had to change what they assigned to me anyway. All lines had a bit of a wait as tour groups had just arrived and people needed to speak with the concierge about charges before checking out.
P9160030.jpg

Though it looked crowded, the line was moving quickly, so we didn’t mind a bit. Plus, I had time to admire the sparkly floors that I love so much!
P9160029.jpg

We’d only been waiting a couple of minutes when a cast member showed up carrying a huge tray of warm brownies for everyone! We gladly munched on these and admired our Disney Parks napkins. Let the Memories Begin, indeed! Two bites in and it was our turn at the counter. We walked up and were helped by Comesha, who was earning her ears and was getting a little help from other cast members. She took our names and pulled our reservations. We were assigned to the 50’s section, 4th floor, in the Tramp building. Our rooms were connecting, and one of them was a king room. Oh, and they were ready NOW—was that okay with us? Okay?? PERFECT! We got exactly what we’d requested and then some. That king bed and our rooms being ready made me so excited! Comesha, you’re my hero!
P9160031.jpg

The king room was assigned to Mamie and the double room to our family of five. Due to fire codes, we couldn’t switch them, of course, but Brandon, Sawyer, and I were going to sleep in the king bed while Mamie and the girls took the doubles. I meant to go back later and make all the keys work for all of us, but I never did. For the entire week we pretty much just entered and exited our rooms through the double room.

We rented a double stroller from Magic Strollers, and it was supposed to be delivered no later than 10am. I sent Mamie to the van with the room keys and told her to have Brandon and the kids meet me at the room, and I went to grab the stroller. I’d made requests with the stroller company that we get a red stroller (to match the single one we’d brought from home) and one of their complimentary rain covers, which are not guaranteed, and they granted my requests, too! Great start to today! Side note: Magic Strollers had the best deal for long-term stroller rental out of all the companies I researched, especially when you consider that their rain covers are free.

The rest of the crew walked from the parking lot to our rooms, numbers 3452 and 3453.
disney-2011-day-01034.jpg

disney-2011-day-01038.jpg

disney-2011-day-01037.jpg

disney-2011-day-01036.jpg

disney-2011-day-01039.jpg

disney-2011-day-01041.jpg

Our room (with our rented stroller). For some reason I only have pictures of the king room, but the other one was pretty much the same, except it had two beds and much less space. I was happy the king room had a good amount of room for Sawyer to toddle around.
disney-2011-day-01050-1.jpg

I also have no pictures of the bathroom, but for those of you unfamiliar with value resorts, it is tiny. TINY. You have to open the door, step in, scoot around the back of the door, and then close it. Tiny. We have stayed here in the past and know this, of course, and we’ve stayed in a moderate before and found it to be pretty much the same way. A bathroom is a bathroom.

At this point, we turned on Stacey for the kids and heard the new song they have with it now. I now knew what Joni (therussells08) was talking about in her TR—it really does sound like they’re saying, “Living it up! A hot sauce feeling…something, something, something…Let the Memories Begin!” And I would sing that a lot this week! My opinion? I hate this song. I don’t understand why they took off the “Celebrate You” song. I mean, I know the campaign changed, but during the Stacey show it still talks about celebrating (and also that American Idol Experience is “new this year.” HA!), the transportation spiels still talk about having reasons to celebrate, and they still hand out the celebration buttons. Obviously they haven’t eradicated that campaign, so they should have just kept the good song!

Sorry for my rant, but when you have a three year old who is obsessed with all things Stacey, it is a huge issue! LOL!

Anyway, with the kids happily reciting the Must Do Disney list, Brandon and I made two trips to the van to bring all our things to the room. We didn’t expect our rooms to be ready and thought we’d be dropping our luggage at bell services and going to the parks, but we didn’t mind adding this extra bit of time just so we could be settled faster. Once the luggage was safely inside, we grabbed our park bags from the convenient blue box and headed back to the van, stopping only to call the front desk to have our medical refrigerator (for Mamie's diabetic supplies), crib, and bed rails delivered.

After all, we had two big surprises waiting for our princesses at their favorite park!

Up next: tears, tiaras, and tasty treats! This is where the magic happens!

So YOU'RE the one who took our king room at Pop! :laughing: J/K...you needed it more than we did anyway, with an extra adult. And brownies! awesome!

What a great start to your vacation....nothing like your requests being met AND the rooms are ready! I can't wait to hear about the rest of the day:cool1:

That's very lucky that you got ALL your requests met, and that the room was ready right away! You almost had our room, just two floors up : we had a king bed connecting room 3251. It's an awesome location, isn't it? Close to two pools, the food court, and quiet. Plus, being on the fourth floor were you able to see a bit of the lake?

How great that your room request was granted!! I know it isn't guaranteed, but I love when the room is ready at check-in and being able to settle the stuff in the room before going out and having fun!

There's a new Stacey??? I miss the original Stacey movie, where she was practically bouncing off the walls in every scene!

Can't wait to see your surprises!! :yay:

I am very impressed with your packing skills. :thumbsup2

It must be so hard to stop 5 minutes from the World, but it worked out perfectly. Your location was just what you wanted and your room was ready:thumbsup2 I am debating on whether or not to put in a request for our stay at Pop, but I am thinking the 50's look pretty good. I just don't want to get stuck in the 70's. They just don't look very pretty to me.

I can't wait to hear about MK. It much be a blast to take 3 little ones there.:goodvibes

So YOU'RE the one who took our king room at Pop! :laughing: J/K...you needed it more than we did anyway, with an extra adult. And brownies! awesome!
It was me:laughing:! Seriously, we didn't even request it, but we surely weren't going to turn it down! I am swearing by the Saturday check-in from now on!

What a great start to your vacation....nothing like your requests being met AND the rooms are ready! I can't wait to hear about the rest of the day:cool1:
I know, I was in shock! It was a great beginning to the day.

That's very lucky that you got ALL your requests met, and that the room was ready right away! You almost had our room, just two floors up : we had a king bed connecting room 3251. It's an awesome location, isn't it? Close to two pools, the food court, and quiet. Plus, being on the fourth floor were you able to see a bit of the lake?
What's funny is that we were in this exact building/floor on our first visit, only two doors down! We love this location! We couldn't really see much lake from our room (tree, plus the angle), but I did see quite a bit of Illuminations one night while I walked along the lake to our van!

How great that your room request was granted!! I know it isn't guaranteed, but I love when the room is ready at check-in and being able to settle the stuff in the room before going out and having fun!

There's a new Stacey??? I miss the original Stacey movie, where she was practically bouncing off the walls in every scene!

Can't wait to see your surprises!! :yay:
I was very excited! I couldn't believe they would be ready at 10:30am!
Stacey is exactly the same, but her song is just different. POINTLESS, I tell ya! I have never seen the original Stacey movie, as our first trip was in 2009. I feel a YouTube visit coming up.

I am very impressed with your packing skills. :thumbsup2

It must be so hard to stop 5 minutes from the World, but it worked out perfectly. Your location was just what you wanted and your room was ready:thumbsup2 I am debating on whether or not to put in a request for our stay at Pop, but I am thinking the 50's look pretty good. I just don't want to get stuck in the 70's. They just don't look very pretty to me.

I can't wait to hear about MK. It much be a blast to take 3 little ones there.:goodvibes
I guess I wasn't thinking so much about how hard it was to be so close, yet so far away, because all I could think about was the crying baby:rotfl2:! Maybe his fussiness was a blessing in disguise!?! Anyway, after checking in on a Friday before and only having the option of staying in the 80s (we'd requested this same location that we always request), we realized we might have more choices if we waited until Saturday and let some people check out. It worked, I think!
MK was a lot of fun. We practically live there while at the World! I can't wait to get those pictures ready so I can share it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter