Twins!

Congrats!
Our twins are now 7 and their first Disney trip was a couple months before they turned 3. We thought about waiting another year but children under 3 are free for tickets and eating. And since we are a family of 5, we were able to stay at ASMovies because they don't count the same in the room count.

Although honestly, our trip with "almost 3 yr-olds" was A LOT different than our last trip with " 6 yr-olds"

Welcome to the twin world :) We have 7 year old ID twin boys (and they have a brother who is 3 years older). Their first trip wasn't until they are 5 but that was due to the inability to travel for several years due to DH military timeline.

I wouldn't suggest trying, especially as first time parents going in their first year even with a lot of hands. Twin schedules and breast feeding can be utterly exhausting. Also, twins can have a lot of end of pregnancy issues like early arrival, medical issues, etc that you may not anticipate right now that may take up a lot of the first year correcting.

The world of twins can be hard but is so much fun as well.

Congratulations! :) You will love having twins. It is a lot of work but so much fun.

Our twins are 7-years-old and we took them to WDW when they were one month shy of three. We took them then because they were still free. We had a great trip. We were in WDW for 10 days so we had plenty of built-in down time which really helped. I clearly remember one of my little guys having a meltdown on Mother's Day, the second to last day of our trip, but after a snack and a short break he was good to go again. My boys don't remember much from our trip but they had so much fun and seeing WDW through their eyes was priceless.

Congratulations! So sweet and special to have the joy of twins:goodvibes My twin boys are 7...I think going in the winter with some extra hands is the perfect way to do it when they are still so young. It won't be humid and having the extra people to hold the babies will be great. Have a magical trip!!

Congrats! I have almost 15 mo boy/girl twins and a 5 yo dd. They are amazing but hard work! We took the kids right after the babies first birthday. It was exhausting and wonderful at the same time. It was a tough age for us because they weren't mobile enough to walk around safely but they did not want to be strapped into the stroller! I think a few months earlier would have been easier.

As far as breast feeding goes the baby centers are wonderful and were a welcome break! I had a quiet place to nurse (ak and hs had private rooms, ep and mk had a group room) and each place also had a room for the babies to crawl around a play.

Congratulations again! Twins are wonderful!

We took our twin boys at 16 months. I spent about 9 months planning the trip, making sure that we could make it as convenient as possible. The best part about DISing with twins, is that the entire resort is conducive to a double stroller. They napped in the stroller and loved the character breakfasts. My parents, grandparents and sister all came with us to WDW to celebrate their first trip. It was a wonderful experience. We are taking them back in Feb 2014, they will be 2.5 yrs. Again, more planning to make things more convenient, but we expect to have another wonderful time :) Congrats and enjoy!!

Congratulations!!! We have "virtual" twins, two children adopted at the same time, 3 months apart in age. We took them at 2.5yo and they loved WDW and still talk about that trip. We were in FL for a week and spent 3 days at WDW in October with the "twins" now 7yo, almost 3yo YDS and almost 2yo YDD. YDS did well and had some patience for lines, whereas YDD loved rides but had no patience for waiting in lines. DH had to sit with her several times so I could take the other 3 on rides when a line was too long for her, and lines were quite short during our stay. Based on my experience, I think about 2.5yo-3yo is perfect first trip for a toddler.

Congratulations! I have 10 year old fraternal twin boys, then a 7 year old boy. Twins are hard work in the beginning, I always joke the first 6 months are a blur! Then once they hit the toddler stage it can be great because they have a built in playmate...or frustrating because they have a built in partner in crime! We didn't travel a lot when the boys were really little, it's exhausting packing x2 the packing gear plus taking care of 2 kiddos.

We didn't go to Disney till the twins were 6 and the little one was 4. By that time it was a lot easier and we didn't have to take as much. But if you plan to don't stress! You'll figure out what works and what doesn't. Who knows, maybe something that is frustrating will turn into a great memory?!

Congrats!!! Twins are tough but double the laughs, hugs & kisses! My FG (multiple speak for fraternal girls) turned 6 TODAY!!! We couldn't wait to take them either and waited until they were 4yrs 9mos. For us it was a decision based on : being fully potty trained, no sleep issues away from home, eating in restaurants, being out all day & evening. Their first trip was awesome (10 days so we could take our time), 2nd trip 4 months later they were pros and our third trip, which begins in 25 days, they have been helping to plan.
The best advice I can give you is to divide & conquer! BOTH parents have to be a team & divide up the work (ALL of it!) Try to find a Mothers of Multiples club in your area - they are a great network of support, understanding & advice. The National website can help you find something in your state: http://www.nomotc.org/

Best of luck to you! No ride at Disney could prepare you for the ride you have ahead :)

Comgratulations! We are odd ones out. We have now five year old twin boys. Their first trip to Disneyland was at four months. It was a great trip - for us it was easy I nursed till just past their 2nd birthday. We took them on a Disney cruise and WDW at six months and many trips to Disneyland with another trip to WDW at 22 months. I stayed home with them so anytime my husband traveled for work I went with him. It was fairly easy traveling with nursing little ones - didnt have to worry about food or bottles. I brought a nursing cover and would people watch while feeding them. If they both needed to eat at the same time I went to the baby care stations to tandem nurse - no way could I do that out in public the boys were to squirmy.

Congrats! I also had a different experience. I have almost 18-month-old boys, and we have already taken them to WDW, a cruise on the Fantasy and DL. We had to work with our pediatrician since they were preemies, but she approved a combination WDW/DCL trip when they were almost 7 months old. We brought my DH's mom along with us, and had 2 friends who live in Orlando with us, too so we did have a few extra hands. We had to take things much slower than we were used to before kids, but had wonderful trips. We had a double stroller with us, plus wore them in our Ergos for most of the park time. I breastfed them both, but didn't try tandem feeding in the parks. The baby care centers were wonderful, but we found lots of quiet spots and used the feeding times for some downtime for all of us. The boys had a good time, and since we had the Ergos, they napped while we carried them and were able to shield them if they were over-stimulated. They won't remember any of either trip, but I'm glad we had the vacations with them. We have some amazing memories and pictures that are just priceless. Seeing the looks on their faces when they met Koda at DL, or clapped along with the music, or smiled at the animals at DAK was worth every difficult moment.

Congratulations! Our boy/girl twins are just over 2 years old and made us a family of 6. We are planning a trip to WDW in October, just after their 3rd birthday. We took our second son when he was 2 1/2 a ~ I was worried he'd be too young, but he had a great time and still talks about the trip. Twins are hard work but so worth it and extra hands make it easier for sure.

Congrats!!! We have identical twin girls who turn 15 in March (and an older DS who will be 17 this month). We 1st took them to WDW in Sept of 2003, so the twins were 4.5 (and DS was 6.5). We did not take a stroller and had to go back early at night for bedtime and go kind of slowly through the parks, but we still managed to get most everything in. There was some whining and fussing. But after that trip, we looked into DVC and ended up buying in 2006 (great to have villas with W/D and kitchen and separate bedroom for DH and I). We just did our 10th trip to WDW. Now, my DS is kind of done with Disney so we likely won't take him with us the next trip. Our DDs still like it and they have each other to hang with and get away from us boring parents (good thing about having twins). Again...congrats!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter