Twins? who's got them?

I have 16 month old b/g twins (and they have a 7yo brother who they think is GOD!). Once we hit a year is when life got better for us. Both have severe reflux and are still medicated 3x a day, but it's much better now then it was during the infant stage. They are much better eaters then DS7 ever was, or still is! Over all, I'd say at this age, they are way easier then DS7 was because they have each other. The way they interact with each other blows me away. My girl is such a little Mommy and totally takes care of her twin brother, and he lets her! Our school district has strict rules on separating so I'm curious how their relationship will change once he can't depend on her as much any more. They are always together, even at a park, they stay together (mostly!). I love the way he'll fall and cry and she'll come running over to sooth him, so precious. And I love the way he'll be in my room and suddenly run over and grab her monitor and I'll turn it on to see she's starting to wake up... but he already knew that. Blows my mind. We were only trying for one more, but I am so thankful we got twins. It really is a different lifestyle that's for sure. I couldn't imagine it any other way. First year was worse then I could have ever imagined, but I can finally say now that it was worth it. We're heading to Daytona in Feb 2013 and might slip in a one day trip to MK. We're not fans of taking strollers and diaper bags into Disney (which is why we waited until DS7 was 4 before his first trip), but it's only a day, I think we'd all have fun!!!

We have 6 yr old fraternal girl twins. I can personally say that we have enjoyed them more than the older children (G 22, G 21, B 20, and B 17) and it has been different especially since 1 of them is epileptic and on the autism spectrum. That said, we wouldn't trade or change anything. Enjoy them while you can!

We have B/G twins. They are now 11 yrs old! And, they are amazing.
My only advice would be to enjoy each and every stage.:goodvibes

There are days where I would love to go back and just hold them at age 1, 2, or 3. Those toddler days went by too fast and I miss them.

But, age 11 is SO MUCH EASIER!

Just give them hugs and kisses each and every day!
And take lots of pictures and videos. My kids love to look at those all the time!

Enjoy !:hug:

We have fraternal twin girls who will be 4 in January. We are taking our first WDW trip this December and all parties are super excited! :banana:

I think once they turned 3 things got much easier for us and we've been able to do much more as a family. I had other twin moms tell me that once their twins turned 3 their world changed and I have to agree. I LOVE having twins and can't imagine what it would be like to only have one child. :)

I have identical twin girls who just turned 1! And we will be going to Disney for the first time next month! :dance3: We've had some minor road bumps with them, and our littler one hasn't "caught up" as fast as her sister, but she's full of life and an absolute light in my world. Despite their exhausting challenges, I love having twins!

Having just been there a few months ago, I can say that for me, the pain and headache that throwing them off schedule would cause would NOT be worth the trip that they can't enjoy. (Speaking from experience :headache: ) And then if they're off the next day, that whole day will be ruined. If you are planning to return to Disney, I would say wait until they're just a little older. But I totally get wanting to experience as much as possible with them on their first trip!

I have b/g twins that are 14.5 months. I blacked out the first six months but, they are a lot of fun right now....

I also have a 3.5 yr old little girl who we'll be taking to WDW next month. The babies will be staying with my parents this go around.

As the name says I am Mama to twin princesses. Identical twins age 4. We are currently in the whining, threatening, fighting stage. I love them but at the end of the day I am happy to put them to bed. I am a mostly stay at home mom (who is always on the road with the kids). Our Disney World trip is planned next year to celebrate the first year of homeschooling/kindergarden. We are homeschooling this year but it's PreK so I don't take it as seriously (not like kindergarden is serious. LOL)

I am also a single mom and with twins it's a little more complicated than with just one. I love my girls but I was always a bit jealous seeing all those moms with one baby doing things like going to the mall and TRYING ON CLOTHES! or have an easy time with the baby at the grocery store.

As the name says I am Mama to twin princesses. Identical twins age 4. We are currently in the whining, threatening, fighting stage. I love them but at the end of the day I am happy to put them to bed. I am a mostly stay at home mom (who is always on the road with the kids). Our Disney World trip is planned next year to celebrate the first year of homeschooling/kindergarden. We are homeschooling this year but it's PreK so I don't take it as seriously (not like kindergarden is serious. LOL)

I am also a single mom and with twins it's a little more complicated than with just one. I love my girls but I was always a bit jealous seeing all those moms with one baby doing things like going to the mall and TRYING ON CLOTHES! or have an easy time with the baby at the grocery store.

how do you go to the grocery store with 2??? I haven't done it yet ... too :scared1:

we are right there as well in the fit stage. I was surprised about it, too. They usually are calm. I understand the envy of taking only one out. Looks easy.

Here are my angels(4) just back from Disney!
Screenshot2011-10-10at23623PM-1.png

5 year old frat girls here and we are booked to take them to Disney for the first time in May. Totally excited!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

My twins are (gasp!) 17yrs old now, both girls. :) :)

Advice? Enjoy them. Let them do their own thing, don't always insist they be together. My girls have friends that are "their" friends, and then they each have a few friends that are more just their own. I love that they have their own personalities, but are still very close.

Oh...and don't have great expectations about the toy sharing. We had two dollhouses, two doll cribs, etc. :) Have fun!!!

Great advice :thumbsup2. I have 8yr old twins boys and they both have their own friends and hobbies. They also get along great!

Have twin boys almost 2 1/2... they are the last of 5 kids :) We are planning on taking them to WDW when they turn 4 ~ Don't know how I survived the first 6 months... the next 1 -1 1/2 were MUCH easier... Now I don't seem to be able to leave my house very often with them, they are WILD. Heard it will get easier again around 4. Here's hoping :)

Love the twin connection though melts my heart.

Although I'm not a mom, just wanted to share that I have 2 sets of twin nephews. Ages 6 and 2. I looking forward to getting to take them to Disney World in the future.

how do you go to the grocery store with 2??? I haven't done it yet ... too :scared1:

Sorry, I forgot about this thread, when they were little I really didn't take them out as much. Mostly I went out when they were asleep in the evening. Grocery shopping was one in the basket and one in the top thing (in their car seats) and a few food items. Target was them in the double stroller (front-to-back) and whatever items could fit in the little pocket at the bottom.

Now we can go anywhere because they can walk and stay near me. Or one goes in the top and one in the basket (at target) and the grocery store and costco have carts that fit two children. The key is go to one or two stores and then go home. Don't try to do everything. Or stop for lunch at somewhere with a playground.

My twins are 7 (with a big brother that is just 12 months older, LOL). We didn't leave the house for a couple of years there :rotfl:

Having twins has been such a joy - it is FUN and amazing... Our girls are identical - and we all enjoy the dynamic that comes with it! They each chose a color when they were just two years old (pink and purple), and for most of their lives, they've been dressed in those colors. It really helped people to tell them apart!

They are moving on from the pink and purple now (in second grade), but they are also starting to want to trick people :thumbsup2

Mom to identical twin boys who are 4, and as you can see from my signature, they're Disney veterans already. To top it off, I'm a single mom as of last year, but it hasn't stopped me! We always have an amazing time, and the boys are SO excited to be returning to the "world" in 3 weeks! Even with a long flight from one side of the continent to the other, it's worth it for us! Every experience has been magical.

My twins are 7 (with a big brother that is just 12 months older, LOL). We didn't leave the house for a couple of years there :rotfl:

Having twins has been such a joy - it is FUN and amazing... Our girls are identical - and we all enjoy the dynamic that comes with it! They each chose a color when they were just two years old (pink and purple), and for most of their lives, they've been dressed in those colors. It really helped people to tell them apart!

They are moving on from the pink and purple now (in second grade), but they are also starting to want to trick people :thumbsup2

I'm an art teacher and I had a set of twins in my class that were identical. They thought it would be fun to switch classes on me. They were disappointed when I could tell them apart. No one else had ever done so. I never told them how I knew. I could only tell by one faded freckle that was on one of them and not the other. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter