twin pregnancy with iugr: prayers needed

Laurie, I'll continue to pray for your precious babies & your DD. Wishing your family all the best.

Congratulations to you Grandma, keep us posted our prayers are with you all!

Very scary night.. we almost lost Rowan. Her lungs started to fill with blood. She needed cpr and had to be put back on the vent (I think they took her off to soon, she was less than 24hrs old) They called us in and let us all stay with her. After being put on a different kind of vent and getting some blood, she stabilized and we felt comfortable enough to go home. this is going to be a long rough road for us all.
Thanks for listening.
Laurie

our precious baby Rowan is now a beautiful little angel. At 8:45pm last night she lost her battle to survive. We are heartbroken and can't imagine life without her. Please pray for her sister Willow. She is stronger then Rowan but has such a long hard road ahead of her. I just pray that God won't take her also. I don't think I can survive another loss. i can't understand why God had to take her away from us. We had her for only about 52 hours and loved her more than words can say. She was so beautiful and she fought a hard battle. It was just too much for her tiny little body to take.
Thank you,
Laurie

Oh Laurie, I am so sorry to see this news this morning. My heart breaks for you & your daughter. I was so hopeful after the delivery that things were going to be ok with her. Again, so sorry, many hugs.

Willow will be in my thoughts and prayers. I love her name! Keep us posted.

Laurie,

I too am very very sorry for such a devastating loss. Thankful you had 52 hours with your precious angel.
Were you able to get some pictures done of her with everybody? Sometimes that helps with the grief/healing.

We will be praying for Willow and for your family for having so go through all of this.

:hug: So sorry to hear this news about your precious Rowan. Keeping Willow in prayer. So sorry for your loss, sending prayers and deepest sympathy. May you know Gods peace,comfort and strength in the days ahead. Blessings to your family.

Please accept my condolences. I'm very sorry for the loss of your precious Rowan. God Bless Rowan, Willow & your family. I'll be praying for your family. :grouphug:

May God's Love surround you in this grieving and sadness. I can't imagine what you are going through but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted. Mathew 5:4

For Him,
Adam

Rowens memorial service was yesterday. It was so incredibly hard, it is something I hope no one ever has to go through. The hospital arranged for a photographer to come in and take pictures of Rowan. By the time he got there my husband and I were the only people who were still there with my daughter and sil. He took the most beautiful pictures. He went above and beyond for us with a short slideshow of some of the pictures to play during the visitation hour. He did it free of charge. It is the most heartbreaking thing to watch, but I treasure it more than you can imagine.
Willow is doing a little better, she has gained a few ounces and is breathing easier, they did find a pda in her heart, I dont remember what is stands for but, she is on medication to try to close this vessel. The 1st round did not close it, but they are trying a second round of meds. Please pray that this works and she will not need surgery to close it.
My daughter got to hold Willow yesterday. It was something that she desperately needed to do, especially yesterday. We are very hopeful that Willow will be home with us in 8 -10 weeks.
Thanks again for all you kind words and prayers. It does help to know so many people are praying for us.
Laurie

Laurie - I am so sorry to hear about little Rowan. I'm so glad you had some time with her and that you were able to get some pictures of your precious little angel. :grouphug:

My thoughts and prayers will be for little Willow. Remember, Willow has her own little angel in her corner! :cloud9:

Willow is doing well. She likes to sleep on her belly and her nurse yesterday put her on her back. She wiggled and squirmed until she got herself on her side. She couldn't get completely over on her belly because of all her tubes and wires, but she was happier on her side. She will probably need surgery for her pda. The meds are not closing it. They say it is a routine procedure. We will try 1 last round of meds before they take that step though. She is up to a whopping 2lbs 10.1oz. she is quite the heavyweight, over her birthweight now.
Keep praying for her, hopefully she will be strong enough to come home even earlier than expected.
Thanks, Laurie

I am so sorry to hear about Rowan. Willow sounds like a fighter. I will keep you all in my prayers.

I am so sorry to read about Rowan. I cannot even imagine what you and your family are going through now.

I will be praying for Willow.

I can relate to this situation as my Daughter Jackie was born at 28 weeks, 5 days. Scariest time of my life. She had all kinds of blood transfusions and procedures done on her while in the NICU. We were told at the time she was born that she had only an 80% chance of survival and a 50% chance of not having severe learning complications. That was almost 6 years ago, and I know they have made a lot of medical advances since then.

Jackie was in the hospital for 7 weeks and today she is a beautiful 5 year old who is starting kindergarten in 2 weeks with no complications what-so-ever. In fact she is fully reading.

Jackie beat the odds and I know Willow will too. Keep your chin up.

Just a quick update. Willow is 1 month old today and has gained 1 lb over her birthweight. she is now 3.5 lbs. Her pda did close with meds...so NO surgery. She is doing well and now gets 2 bottles a day that she drinks half her feeding and the other half thru the tube into her belly. We can now hold her whenever we want, so that is wonderful. She is only on room air thru her nasil canula. She is now considered a feeder / grower. We are hoping to have her home in 3-4 weeks. Please keep her in your prayers.

Thanks, Laurie

I am so sorry for your loss of little Rowan. My oldest is a surviving twin (he just had his 9th birthday). Our angel was on earth for 7 months. He spent 5 months in the hospital and 2 wonderful months at home with us.

Wonderful news about Willow. Would love to hear an update.

I have some resources for families who have lost multiples. Please PM me and I can put you in touch. It's a horrible place to be in....rejoicing in the life of one while mourning the loss of another. There are others who understand and can provide your family with support.

Blessing to you and prayers to the whole family for healing and peace.

So sorry on the loss of your daughter Rowan. A very hard thing I can relate to. But wonderful news on Willow. Your family will be in my continued thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Willow is over 5 1/2 lbs now and is drinking almost all feed from a bottle. she still needs oxygen when feeding due to occasional dsats but only has room air thru her canula when not feeding. Hopefully in the next week or so she will be moving to a transitional facility. There her parents and myself ( I will be staying with Willow and her older sister Alivia during the day while my daughter and sil work) will be taught how to care for her with the monitors and oxygen that she will be coming home with. I pray that her stay there will be short and then she will be home with us.

Willow came home yesterday morning. She is doing great, on a small amt of oxygen (only 1/32 of a liter) and a heart monitor. Her doctors feel that she will only need these for a month or 2. She now weighs 6 lbs 9oz. All feeds are by bottle now. She spent 58 days in the NICU and 14 days in a transitional care home. We are so happy to have her home with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter