Twin parents, need gift ideas

shortbun

<font color=green>Peacenik<br><font color=purple><
My DH's friend(I've never met him) recently became a single parent of twins. He hired a surrogate.(another thread) They are on a housing board together and it meets today. The twins are a month old. We haven't sent or given him/them a gift yet. I wanted to make a basket of adult snaks-nuts, cheese, crackers, fruit, and include a couple six month onesies and packs of those bootie rattles with maybe a good book to read for small children. My husband isn't down with that idea. He doesn't remember that sometimes it was difficult to find the time to fix a meal and we had to grab what was immediately available. :) I told him no stuffed animals because we still have 2 garbage bags of them in our basement-our son is 17. I know, throw them away. He was thinking of getting some packs of diapers. We don't know what he's using right now and it's hard to know what works for others. I just want ideas-no contraversy please!

A GC for a restaurant that offers take out and developmental toys like Lamaze animals, one for each.

A GC for a restaurant that offers take out and developmental toys like Lamaze animals, one for each.

We talked about a take out gift card before the babies were born and we were talking about how busy he was going to be.

a giftcard for a housekeeper:rotfl:

Food, diapers baby clothes

I love giving books. Both babies will benefit from those. I usually give one that is the chunky baby book (maybe 2), and one that is a word book (don't think I can name it, but there are some word books that show trucks, cars and heavy equipment for boys or generic ones) for use as they get a little older, and then give another classic children's book. Usually that type of gift isn't duplicated, and the parents have seemed to love it. I saw a family the other day that I had given a gift to 9 years ago, and who have a 2 year old and they told me that they are still using the books.

Gift cards? Not much fun, but then he can buy the diapers he needs.... with two babies, I'd think that would be a great gift! :) I do love your idea of the basket with adult snacks too - I think that's a great idea!

Diapers, diapers & more diapers. Any size, any kind will work. We stocked up throughout the entire pregnancy and still have to go out and buy more frequently. We bought two large boxes (the $40 boxes) a week ago and are almost through one box. If he ends up not using a box because the kiddos have gone up in size, he can exchange them at Walmart or Target for the size he needs.

GC's for any restaurant that has take-out or even better, delivery. My girls are 8 months old, I have a fabulous hands-on DH that helps me out immensely, and it's still hard to get dinner on the table.

A classic book or two, or what about a classic Disney Dvd?

GC's for food would be great, too.

I'm not sure on diapers. Unless you know him and know what he will be using I would skip that.

Do you know if he set up a registry? Did you look at Target or Amazon?

I second the gift card idea. Boring but useful. But otherwise just buy what you like and give a gift receipt, he can always return it. Some ideas I would pick:

- two pairs of coordinating robeez shoes
- two outfits, size 12 months or bigger (seems everyone gets baby stuff)
- A manly diaper bag.
- A medicine emergency kit (so he doesn't have to run out in the middle of the night when baby gets sick).

Coordinating onesies. I'm a total geek so I'd get Batman & Robin or something like that. You didn't say if they were boy or girl twins or one of each. ThinkGeek has some really cute onesies that aren't the normal 'Worlds Cutest Toddler' stuff.

I wouldn't do the cheese, crackers, nuts, thing. To me that just seems kind of strange packaged in with baby stuff.

I think a gift card to a carryout place would be great and for the babies, I'd go with either cute/funny onesies (if DH can give insight into the father's likes) or a couple of books. I love children's books!

I wouldn't do diapers, because you never know if he's using disposable or cloth, plus my youngest could only use one certain brand.

I have 5 month old twins and what I would appreciate most is prepared meals or gift cards to restaurants. Getting a meal on the table is very hard some nights and it would be wonderful to have that taken care of. If you do clothes don't buy small sizes. They grow out of them so quickly. My chunky monkeys are almost in 9 month and we have nothing in that size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter