TWILIGHTAHOLICS! Part 2~*~ Should've been started by Caribbeanprincess!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!
I've been busy closing up our business and moving everything to a storage unit. It'll take months to start to get rid of stuff! I"m going over there today to take some pictures for craigslist.

But I had time to stop and fix my siggy line. Priorities ya know!

I'm going out on a limb here and agreeing with Travelmel. There were times in the movie when Edward was not attractive at all. For instance, I always notice in the scene in the Volvo on the way out of Port Angeles, his face looks very full and lumpy. It seems like a combination of several factors:

-Makeup
-Hair
-Clothing
-I think Rob has one of those faces that just does not look good from certain angles. I postively hate the second movie poster because seriously, his face looks deformed. He is a very good looking man, but there were many times when you would not know that in the movie.

I also agree that other than her little freak out in the hospital, it was hard to pick up on her attraction for Edward. I just don't like how melancholy she was. That shouldn't happen until book 2. Bella has a sense of humor and is a bit quirky. She is a people pleaser, but she seems like the type who would smile and not sound so freaking depressed all the time- at least that is how I picture her. I also pictured her as having a little more energy, being shy, but maybe subtly perky.

Agree very much with you, ladies! I love the movie. However, I really wished they had incorporated more of the humor and the nice personality of Bella. In Midnight Sun, Edward observes that Bella, while shy, is truly KIND. You don't get that in the movie; she seems a bit snotty sometimes. Plus, she's funny in the books, but not in the movie. Just angsty.

On Rob's attractiveness-- oh, sooooo hot in the movie, but again, I'll agree they didn't always play his best angles. I have to say also that I didn't care for his wardrobe. I didn't like the tweedy gray jacket thing they had him in (which is making its appearance in the figures/dolls that are being produced). I thought sometimes he just looked dorky. :rotfl:

One other thing I noticed about him in the movie-- you know how in the books he's always so graceful? SM makes a big deal about how incredibly smooth and lithe they all are when moving, walking around. I noticed in the movie that RPattz just... isn't. Especially in 2 places: where Bella comments on his eye color in the school hallway, and he walks away from her... and most of all, when they go walking up toward the woods behind the school. He's almost stumbling. At least, taking short steps with his hands in his pockets and not looking at all graceful. Ok, I'm a nitpicker, but maybe RPattz needs to take some ballet lessons?!? :rotfl2:

On Rob's attractiveness-- oh, sooooo hot in the movie, but again, I'll agree they didn't always play his best angles. I have to say also that I didn't care for his wardrobe. I didn't like the tweedy gray jacket thing they had him in (which is making its appearance in the figures/dolls that are being produced). I thought sometimes he just looked dorky. :rotfl:

aww. DH and I LOVE his coat in the movie...DH has been looking for an inexpensive coat like that for several years actually...
as to his attractiveness, I'm still sticking with NOT hot in the movie :confused3 , but OH SO FREAKING HOT in real life...:blush:

I really loved the movie. Loved the books. Love the fanfics I've read so far. I try to never compare the three and I'm usually not disappointed! :thumbsup2

I really loved the movie. Loved the books. Love the fanfics I've read so far. I try to never compare the three and I'm usually not disappointed! :thumbsup2

I agree, I have loved all three as well. Some love being stronger than others. Any good fanfics you could rec to me? PM me if you have a few goodies in your pocket. :thumbsup2 I would love to read some tonight with a nice chilled chai tea.

"turpentine!"
:p

I also agree that other than her little freak out in the hospital, it was hard to pick up on her attraction for Edward. I just don't like how melancholy she was. That shouldn't happen until book 2. Bella has a sense of humor and is a bit quirky. She is a people pleaser, but she seems like the type who would smile and not sound so freaking depressed all the time- at least that is how I picture her. I also pictured her as having a little more energy, being shy, but maybe subtly perky.

yes!! that's a big annoyance in the movie and the fact that there aren't really sweet, cute moments between Bella and Edward much in the movie...They are almost always so serious and angsty and you miss that they actually have a sweet relationship. He's always so serious and angry..she's seems so serious and angsty...you just lose that dynamic that made them so likeable in the books.

Agree very much with you, ladies! I love the movie. However, I really wished they had incorporated more of the humor and the nice personality of Bella. In Midnight Sun, Edward observes that Bella, while shy, is truly KIND. You don't get that in the movie; she seems a bit snotty sometimes. Plus, she's funny in the books, but not in the movie. Just angsty.

One other thing I noticed about him in the movie-- you know how in the books he's always so graceful? SM makes a big deal about how incredibly smooth and lithe they all are when moving, walking around. I noticed in the movie that RPattz just... isn't. Especially in 2 places: where Bella comments on his eye color in the school hallway, and he walks away from her... and most of all, when they go walking up toward the woods behind the school. He's almost stumbling. At least, taking short steps with his hands in his pockets and not looking at all graceful. Ok, I'm a nitpicker, but maybe RPattz needs to take some ballet lessons?!? :rotfl2:

I agree! It would have been nice to see the "friendship" and all the sweet things, and the converations that led up to everything. The whole 20 questions thing was kind of funny. Gave a lot of insight to the both of them. Made it seem more real. like they were actually forming a relationship.

Instead of 1 conversation. Then the you can be my friend, thing. Sheesh. a little flirtation goes a long way.

I still say there should have been the lunch table scene where he "ditched" his family and beckoned her to sit with him. I think thats a pretty pivotal scene. IMO

I agree! It would have been nice to see the "friendship" and all the sweet things, and the converations that led up to everything. The whole 20 questions thing was kind of funny. Gave a lot of insight to the both of them. Made it seem more real. like they were actually forming a relationship.

Instead of 1 conversation. Then the you can be my friend, thing. Sheesh. a little flirtation goes a long way.

I still say there should have been the lunch table scene where he "ditched" his family and beckoned her to sit with him. I think thats a pretty pivotal scene. IMO

I love the lunch table scene!!!!

I am reading Twilight for the umpteenth time and am picking up on all the fun flirtations - Edward pulls Bella's ponytail, he kisses her forehead, hair ruffling, nervous looks, lots of eye rolling, she jumps in his lap, hand holding, and lots of nuzzling. Just didn't get any of that in the movie which is a shame because it is what makes you think they are in love and a real couple.

I'm going out on a limb here and agreeing with Travelmel. There were times in the movie when Edward was not attractive at all. For instance, I always notice in the scene in the Volvo on the way out of Port Angeles, his face looks very full and lumpy. It seems like a combination of several factors:

-Makeup
-Hair
-Clothing
-I think Rob has one of those faces that just does not look good from certain angles. I postively hate the second movie poster because seriously, his face looks deformed. He is a very good looking man, but there were many times when you would not know that in the movie.

as to his attractiveness, I'm still sticking with NOT hot in the movie :confused3 , but OH SO FREAKING HOT in real life...:blush:

I totally agree...in fact i find those who say hes hot, mindboggling....I remember seeing Rob on a show and he said specifically that before Twilight he could never get a girl to look at him let alone get a date with them and now he can pick whoever he wants and this just something that really puzzles me...hes not the only one I see this happening to...but I have watched shows and movies that if a particular person was in a normal surrounding..ie school, work etc...no girl would go after them...they would be considered a nerd or just gross plain and simple but because they are on tv or a movie they are HOT HOT HOT and thats just plain bull****I personally dont think Rob is all that hot...I think Kellan Lutz is way hotter than Rob but there are parts that he is adorable and cute...his crinkly eyes when hes laughing make him really cute to me...but the fact that he outright admits he doesnt often bathe, wash his hair etc..I just cant see how anybody could handle to be around that so where does his HOTNESS come in???

I already had pre-ordered with Amazon..but may now pre-order with the Border's dvds. The exclusive interviews and color cards sound cool. I think the packaging is different too.

I just want the movie...I dont care about cards or special interviews because I saw all the interviews with borders on their website before the movie even came out...so far Amazon seems to be the cheapest...just will depend on how much the tax is going to be or if it will be free:hyper:

I TOTALLY agree..
I just posted this same thing the other day...i REALLY wish they would have put that scene in the movie..it was SO important....that, and the blood typing scene. Ok im gonna stop now :rolleyes: :flower3:

I agree, I have loved all three as well. Some love being stronger than others. Any good fanfics you could rec to me? PM me if you have a few goodies in your pocket. :thumbsup2 I would love to read some tonight with a nice chilled chai tea.

"turpentine!"
:p

Hi! I love them all too! Someone was talking about a really good fanfic but I don't remember where I saw the post! I'll see if I put it in my master library archive. BTW, I love iced chai too, but if I really want to relax I have wine...sometimes 3 or 4 glasses! :thumbsup2

Well, I just finished Midnight Sun :sad: :sad: :sad:

I absolutely loved it. To see how vulnerable and insecure he was through the first few chapters was very moving and sweet. She really has to finish that thing! I would love to see Edward's view of the whole series. There are so many times in every book where he is thinking something that isn't revealed or off doing something mysterious. I would love to see NM when he is away or BD when he is dealing with Bella and everything she is going through. I guess that would be too much to ask for with all the problems with MS already and of course SM saying she feels like she is done with the Cullens (is she CRAZY?!?!)

I also agree that a lot of sweetness and personality was missing in the film. Edward in the film just seems angry most of the time, but in the book he is sweet sensitive and has a great sense of humor. There were only glimpses of that in the film. Bella came off as fascinated by him, but not crazy in love with him as she should be. I even found the hospital scene to seem a little psycho since it was the first time she seemed really interested in him in that way. I am trying not to be nitpicky- I still love it all. They could just have all the actors sit in a room and read the book verbatim and I would be happy.:flower3:

Since we are being nitpicky about cars what was up with Edwards Volvo:thumbsup2 Come on a hatchback??????

LOL right?

What makes you think the 'meadow' is exactly next to the school? Edward and Bella went their to talk at first, but Edward carries her away quickly so she can see him in the sun. Because he runs fast, I'm betting the place where he shows himself to her and they have their moment is pretty far away from the school. Laurent could easily show up there.

That's how I thought of it... :upsidedow

::yes:: Carter Burwell wrote it when his (now wife) broke up with him, or left him, or something like that! :faint: NOT A LULLABYE! :sad2: Granted it is really pretty, but they could have done so much better.

I agree - it's not what I expected and I find it too complicated to hum. But then I'm not so musically inclined :rolleyes:

Has anyone noticed in the scene with the guys in the dark alley, that when the men approach bella there is a figure in the background, kind of up on a walkway?

I've always wondered if that was on purpose or not.

Sorry, I forgot to answer the question: We're going to the Twilight locales, by the way. So basically all the places that are in my TR already PLUS the baseball field, some of the areas that they sat and talked near the Columbia River.. Bridge of the Gods (The police car crosses over it to introduce Charlie), The Carver Cafe, the inside of the other high school (cafeteria scenes, etc), the Field trip scene (greenhouse) and some of the other "off the beaten path stuff). I'm excited! I love that sorta stuff.

The group is going on to Forks after this leg of their tour. I have to work so I can't go :( I wish I could though.

Travelmel - I HAVE TO KNOW WHERE THE BASEBALL FIELD IS!!!!! Please help!

I have a question about locations too. I was thinking of getting to Forks through Portland instead of Seattle. Since it will just be me and DD, I think getting there from Seattle with all of the ferries would get complicated. I hate crowded/busy roads- how bad is it? Is it reasonable to think we can see some Twilight related places on the way, not getting all crazy just two people snapping a few pics?

I think I will be reading the Gemma Doyle series again soon, since I haven't found anything new to read. I miss those books.

I have a question about locations too. I was thinking of getting to Forks through Portland instead of Seattle. Since it will just be me and DD, I think getting there from Seattle with all of the ferries would get complicated. I hate crowded/busy roads- how bad is it? Is it reasonable to think we can see some Twilight related places on the way, not getting all crazy just two people snapping a few pics?

I don't know anything about what you're planning but Portland is a really good base to hit some of the filming locations such as the college where the field trip was filmed, the falls, the View Point Inn, the beach where filming was actually done (Ecola state Park). Stop in St. Helens for Bella's house and the alley. And Kalama - Kalama High School is the parking lot they used for the school.

My friend and I are driving up from Cali and plan to hit these places - hoping to get them all in within a day, day and a half on our way to Forks, La Push and Port Angeles.

Check out this article for more details:
http://traveler.sunset.com/2008/11/get-yourself-to.html

LOL right?

That's how I thought of it... :upsidedow

I agree - it's not what I expected and I find it too complicated to hum. But then I'm not so musically inclined :rolleyes:

I've always wondered if that was on purpose or not.

:rotfl: See, that's the one thing I AM, haha. I play four instruments, and if I wanted to I could pick up more. I'm a huge music buff, and about shot myself when I found out NOT ONLY what Bella's Lullaby was (River flows in you, by Yiruma is BEAUTIFUL and perfect for the part) but that CB wrote it for his ex-girlfriend/wife?? :faint:

Especially in 2 places: where Bella comments on his eye color in the school hallway, and he walks away from her Ok, I'm a nitpicker, but maybe RPattz needs to take some ballet lessons?!? :rotfl2:

I know right!!!! That was one of the first things I said, I remember I was walking out of the theater and I was like, what was with THAT? And I hunched my shoulders over forward and stomped off really heavily into the parking lot mimicing Edward in that scene. IT WAS SO WRONG!

Unfortunately, the woman who's taking me there said she and her family stumbled across it whilest looking hard for a long time. I don't think I could get "directions" (per se lol) because I don't know at all where it is. And I think youll be traveling here before I go so I wouldn't even be able to like film my way in so you could see..... :confused3

I think I will be reading the Gemma Doyle series again soon, since I haven't found anything new to read. I miss those books.

OME I am at the VERY LAST part of the third book... I HEART HEART HEART it (I wanted to use the smiley with the hovering hearts but I'm too lazy to look it up). The first two books were scarier (spine tingley but not leave the bathroom light on scary.) but I love the third one, too. Did you see the link I posted showing that youtube video of the "trailer" -fanmade? It's so lovely. I hear it's going to be a movie 2010 (you probably knew that) Also, I would highly recommend the book, Darkfever to you. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter