Twilight, twilight, twilight....

There is no way Twilight is better than Harry Potter.
JK Rowling is a genius. Her writing is much better, she has such a detailed world (all the different spells, creatures, famous wizards etc) that she started working on in 1990. There's this whole other world she created, that kids, teens, and adults everywhere dream of.

Twilight is simply a book about vampires and wolves in a town. She only ever speaks of those two creatures, and it's not all that complicated...

I admit Harry Potter is great in it's own way. But Twilight is just as good. maybe even better.

And how complicated does it have to be? In actual fact a book shouldn't be complicated otherwise you get bored and put the book down.

How is it unoriginal?
It's not poorly wrtten at all...What makes you think it is poorly written?
It has characters that people can somehow relate to.
It has an awesome plot that people can follow easily.
Its not just for teenage girls. I know others who have read it.
It is the international number one bestseller for Christ's sake. What more else does it need.

It actually is pretty poorly written.
It's only a mediocre book, it really isn't the most amazing thing in the world.
Read Gone With The Wind, then we'll talk about amazing books.

I disagree. Twilight is horribly boring. I almost put the first book down it was boring me to tears.

I like the books.
They arn't the best books i ever read but they are good.

I admit Harry Potter is great in it's own way. But Twilight is just as good. maybe even better.

And how complicated does it have to be? In actual fact a book shouldn't be complicated otherwise you get bored and put the book down.

Twilight is so simple, that it bored me.
I don't give a crap about her doing laundry. There is parts in the first book where all it is, is her listing everything she did in the run of a day.
I. Don't. Care.

It's definitely not better. While JK maybe have ruined the seventh book with that horrible epilogue, that was like four pages.

Stephenie ruined the entire series for me (and quite a few other people I know) by basically writing it. It basically contradicted EVERYTHING she said.

I'm not going to comment on the Twilight vs HP thing, because everyone should know which one I'm in favor of.

Anyways, the first chapters of Twilight was really boring.
I really do like Twilight, New Moon was good, Eclipse was bleh, and I did not like Breaking Dawn.
But since all the huge fangirl uproar over Edward at my school, I haven't been real big on them.
It's alright, but it's not the best. IMO.

okay
so maybe it's not written all that great
but, it's still amazing....

that's my opinion

I dont care. I didn't come on this thread to listen to you whining about how much you hate the book or to have some petty arguement about how good it is'isn't. If you don't like the book go and tell someone who aslo hates the book or chat with those others who find the book boring. I'f you can't respect other people's view on the book then is there any point telling them how you feel?

IMO i loved the book and in all seriousness i think Stephanie is an awesome writer. I understand that some of you may not find the story thrilling but to be honest that is your opinion. I'm going to talk with those who like it. If you don't like it and can't say anything nice about the story then please don't talk to me. I can't take listening to people who can't take other people's point of view and who can't talk nicely about something.

So yeah...i love the book...those who also love it...yay us :)

I dont care. I didn't come on this thread to listen to you whining about how much you hate the book or to have some petty arguement about how good it is'isn't. If you don't like the book go and tell someone who aslo hates the book or chat with those others who find the book boring. I'f you can't respect other people's view on the book then is there any point telling them how you feel?

IMO i loved the book and in all seriousness i think Stephanie is an awesome writer. I understand that some of you may not find the story thrilling but to be honest that is your opinion. I'm going to talk with those who like it. If you don't like it and can't say anything nice about the story then please don't talk to me. I can't take listening to people who can't take other people's point of view and who can't talk nicely about something.

I agree with the first part of what you said. I've never read the books so I don't know anything execpt what people tell me. And, to me, It sounds like it's not all it's cracked up to be. I'll just have to wait till I read a book. JMO.

This thread wasn't created in favor of the Twilight loving group..

I know it wasn't. But we Twilight fans wanted to know why you guys didn't get it. We tried to cnvince you otherwose and it turned into a huge fight. We were just expressing our feelings on here. But not many teen disers like listening to people putting downer on things

I wasn't trying to start and arguement or anything i just came on here to give my views and then it turned all nasty.

Well I'm just as welcome as you are to express my feelings.
I did like the books, at least the first three. I did love them, and I still like them to an extent, but I find more things wrong with them than I like.

I started to read the first one, and I barely got past the first chapter.

In all honestly, I would compare the writing that book to a well-written fanfic.
That's what it reminds me of.

I'm not going to get too much into the HP vs Twilight battle, because in all honesty, there will be no comvincing twilight fans that it ISNT the best book ever written, and vice versa.
I'm (obviously) on the HP side, because, frankly, I find Twilight to be absolutley putrid (and no twilight fan, unless you are a personal friend/relative of stephenie meyer should take offence to it, because though you may like it YOUUU did not write it.!! lol)

I started to read the first one, and I barely got past the first chapter.

In all honestly, I would compare the writing that book to a well-written fanfic.
That's what it reminds me of.

I'm not going to get too much into the HP vs Twilight battle, because in all honesty, there will be no comvincing twilight fans that it ISNT the best book ever written, and vice versa.
I'm (obviously) on the HP side, because, frankly, I find Twilight to be absolutley putrid (and no twilight fan, unless you are a personal friend/relative of stephenie meyer should take offence to it, because though you may like it YOUUU did not write it.!! lol)

Well, my friend says she's read fanfiction was better than the books. And that's pretty sad.

I never could get into Twilight or Harry Potter...EVER.

Ive tried..and i dont get the hype of it.

Its so silly, plus..isnt it a LOT like Buffy the Vampire slayer? Thats what my friend told me.

Anyway...

I am so sick of hearing about twilight.

EDIT:

Steph Myer, REALLY needs to stop writing. Seriously.

Also,i never could read the harry potter books.
I felt like i could read the twilight books and i couldn't read the harry potter ones.

:confused3

How is it unoriginal?
Think Buffy.
It's not poorly wrtten at all...What makes you think it is poorly written?
It sounds like a 13 year old fangirl wrote it.
It has characters that people can somehow relate to.
I wanted to punch all the characters in the face.
It has an awesome plot that people can follow easily.
True, it is easy to follow. Awesome plot? ehh.
Its not just for teenage girls. I know others who have read it.
Key word- TARGET audience is teenage girls.
It is the international number one bestseller for Christ's sake. What more else does it need.
My opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter