Twilight - Book or movie?

MinniesBestPal

Disney Fanatic
I don't know about you, but I read the books, and then my friend told me it was being made into a movie. So naturally, I went and looked up trailers and clips online.

I was very dissapointed. Thats not how I picture any of the characters, and everything is very different to the book. Yes the basic story is the same, but they've put loads more action in it, and made the fight scene at the end huge, with fire and things. I personally prefer the book, but I want to know what you think too!

Comparing, I always like the book better.

But I won't compare them when I go see the movie.
It's how I've been with Harry Potter movies, if I go in ready to compare it to the movie, of course I'll be at least a little dissapointed.
Although if I go in looking at it as a new story I've never heard or compare it less, I usually love it.

I don't know how the movie will be, I'll have to watch it first.

I just think the producers and directors were idiots to have Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen.

And judging by the clips and scenes I have seen, the whole story looks like its been flipped round a lot.

I think the book is going to be way better, the movie looks terrible to me...
I've never seen a movie that has been better than a book.

The movie looks awful.
Kristen Stewart is awful.
And they added some silly scenes so that the bad guys could have a bigger role.
-.-

I generally like the books better than the movies. I suspect that Twilight will be the same. It has a talented cast, but I suspect that it won't live up to expectations.

Robert Pattison is ok. Not what I pictured Edward to look like, but ok.
The main problem I have with him, is every time I see him, I think of Cedric Diggory. Not good.
And I really don't like Kristen Stewert as Bella. It just doesn't work for me.
Also, the few clips that I've seen, Robert & Kristen don't seem to have a lot of chemistry.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I just hope it's ok.

Robert Pattison is ok. Not what I pictured Edward to look like, but ok.
The main problem I have with him, is every time I see him, I think of Cedric Diggory. Not good.
And I really don't like Kristen Stewert as Bella. It just doesn't work for me.
Also, the few clips that I've seen, Robert & Kristen don't seem to have a lot of chemistry.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I just hope it's ok.

I don't think they have chemistry either.
And she seems too rough for the role.
And dead to the world.

I don't think they have chemistry either.
And she seems too rough for the role.
And dead to the world.

Yeah! Even in pictures in magazines, like from the red carpet and stuff, she doesn't seem like a happy person. She seems pretty miserable.

ETA: This was something I noticed when I first saw her. She looks very similar to Emma Watson, the girl who plays Hermione in HP.
Bella_Swan_.jpg
EmmaWatson4.jpg

Hmm...Hermione & Cedric..
Did anyone else notice this?

Yeah! Even in pictures in magazines, like from the red carpet and stuff, she doesn't seem like a happy person. She seems pretty miserable.

She doesn't seem excited by her role either.
She's said 'This is such a huge thing,' But she didn't sound like she cared.
She also never had heard of the books before she got signed up for the movie..

okay.

the movie directors can't please everyone.
the movie obviously won't be how you pictured everything to look, it's how the director thought it would look.
i agree with jenny that the characters should have chemistry. but that's about the extent that you can complain about.

if they stuck to the book directly, the people who hadn't read it would complain about it.
if they don't stick to the book, then the people who read the book would complain about it.

it's kind of a lose lose situation. so i just read the books so i know what's going on and then watch it as if i have never read the books. yes i do compare but not to the extent that i'm not gonna go see the movie because the town of Forks doesn't look exactly what I pictured it as.
That's silly.

I don't expect it to be like the book, I kind of learned not to expect that with Harry Potter.
It's when the leave out important details, and mess with the story line.

If anybody can remember, HP:POA was horrendously messed with, left out a lot (important things), and the ending was incredibly inaccurate (again important things that they completely changed).

I don't expect it to be like the book, I kind of learned not to expect that with Harry Potter.
It's when the leave out important details, and mess with the story line.

If anybody can remember, HP:POA was horrendously messed with, left out a lot (important things), and the ending was incredibly inaccurate (again important things that they completely changed).

Mmhhmm. My favorite book...mutilated!

But other than that catastrophe, I enjoy the minor changes. My main concern with Twilight the movie is the casting. I think they could have done a MUCH better job with casting the roles of the two main people. Robert is ok, but Kristen doesn't fit.

I remember seeing Kristen Stewart in the movie "Speak" and she pulled that off well. The role is similiar in that it is dramatic. However, I just don't see her and Robert having that chemistry that Edward and Bella have in the book.

Also, I think they cast the Cullens wayyyy to commercial looking. Apart from Alice, they all look like they just stepped off a California beach. I thought their beauty was supposed to be timeless?

I LOVED the book but I'm just a little dissapointed because in the book they described the Vampires perfectly and I personally don't think any of them look like they fill the part...They were supposed to look godly

I remember seeing Kristen Stewart in the movie "Speak" and she pulled that off well. The role is similiar in that it is dramatic. However, I just don't see her and Robert having that chemistry that Edward and Bella have in the book.

Also, I think they cast the Cullens wayyyy to commercial looking. Apart from Alice, they all look like they just stepped off a California beach. I thought their beauty was supposed to be timeless?

I agree, although I totally love Emmett. I think they got him down perfectly. Just my opinion.

I can't wait for the movie. I'm reading the second book now and I love the books. I think that since they haven't release a lot of clips yet, its a little early to judge. Obviously they have to change some things in order to make it into the movie, but that happens all the time. And obviously the characters aren't going to be 100% what you thought because when you read, you create in your mind what the characters look and act like, and its not the same for everyone. Personally, I can't wait for the movie to come out. I know going into it, that its going to be different from the book, but I'm still excited.

I read Twilight when it first came out and was hooked (so pumped for Breaking Dawn!). But it seems the series became extremely popular overnight recently, bringing with it an innumerable amount of psychotic fangirls, who are all going to ***** and moan because the the movie won't follow the plot of the book exactly.

And unfortunately, the people who cast the movie aren't going to be able to see into the brain of every 14-year old who've read the book and find actors who look exactly like what you've pictured them, so complaining will accomplish nothing.

I'm excited for the movie. :dance3:

I am excited about the movie. I love Twilight. I agree to some extent that the casting could have been better, but I also think that with the trailers I've seen, it's going to all pull together well. I'm not so impressed with the scene with Bella and James, but who knows. I think even through the differences, the movie will still be amazing. I've already planned to go to Orlando December 12th and get my two friends so we can go see the movie. And I'm soo ready for Breaking Dawn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter