Twice Baked Potatoes

TN Dreamer

Mouseketeer (When did that happen?)
Does anyone have a good tried and true recipe for Twice Baked Potatoes? I want them to taste good and look pretty, any suggestions.

I haven't made them before but I hear they're wonderful! Hope someone replies w/good suggestions!!
kp

They are yummy in restaurants, but I haven't ried them at home. Too time consuming for compnay.

You might tried allrecipes.com and do a seearch.

herc

I tried some at a friends house and thought they were homemade. They were so good and cheesy and flavorful, then she told me she got them at Ralphs grocery store in the deli section.

I take the insides of the potatoes out and put in the mixer bowl. I add lots of butter, salt, white pepper, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, celery seeds and milk to desired consistency. I don't like cheese, but if you do you can add shredded cheese. I would think white cheddar. Just taste the mashed potato mixture to make sure it is seasoned enough. You can also add less milk and some sour cream. Then I scoop the insides back in the skins with a spoon or you can pipe it. I top each potato half with sprinkled paprika and parsley and a pat of butter, then bake 350º for 20 minutes or so until hot. Very yummy!

Lisa

I mix the insides with sour cream, garlic salt, chopped up onions, milk. No exact recipe, I just taste test it until it's right! Actually this is what I'm bringing Christmas day to my DH's HUGE family. I have to make a ton. YUM YUM

Thanks for all of your suggestions! I added crumbled bacon, sour cream, cream cheese, butter and egg, salt and pepper and topped them off with cheddar cheese. The only problem was I let the pulp set to long and when it got cold they were hard to mash, a little lumpy, but otherwise ok.

I make them all the time--a family favorite. It is best if you bake the potatoes without wrapping in foil--that way the skins firm up and are more forgiving. cut a small piece off the top of the potato and scoop the insides out with a small spoon--leaving a "wall" of potato inside. Mash the potatoes while still warm to prevent lumps. I add ranch dressing, green onions, cheddar cheese and bacon bits. If needed to, thin the potatoes with warm milk. Spoon back into the skins,top with more cheese and bake until heated thru. My family loves these--the ranch dressing really helps get the seasoning right. HTH Deb

i usually make these for the holidays -- similar to lisa from nj for white potatoes and I also make twice baked sweet potatoes (just follow a mashed sweet potato recipe for the filling) i freeze them for a week or so; allowing me to make them ahead of time

they are both very well received and gobbled up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter