Twice As Nice & Double the Fun: an offsite October PTR where “2” is the magic number

Sounds like it's a great trip! Wish I were there! But I am excited that I was able to take advantage of crazy low $60 fares on Southwest so we're going down for a quick December trip! We haven't been there for Christmas time festivities in many years! But I am bummed that our dates don't match up:( We're there 12/10-12/13 and I know you're not there until the next week! Looking forward to a dismeet one of these times!::yes::

I'm really sorry I missed you on Sun! I kept an eye out, but I didn't see you before I had to leave :(

Hopefully I'll have better luck in Dec!

Sounds like you are having a fabulous trip. We just arrived in Florida (Sanibel Island) and are loving the weather here as well. When we left we were in hoodies and pants so low and mid 80's feel amazing. Like you, we will have 3 ft of leaves and chilly air to greet us when we get home so I'm soaking it all in. Hope the rest of your trip continues to be great. Looks like you have had lots of new experiences, can't wait to hear about them and possibly add some to our January trip :)

Oh lucky you Mandas08, we love Sanibel Island. We usually stay at our friend's Sundial's condo. Have a great time there.

Well, ask your friend, Dsmom, she probably has some news for ya.

Hope you are having a great time, and are happy we may have a DiSmeet in December. Time is flying. And we are hoping for some unusually warm weather for the holidays this year. Last time, we had nice weather, with only some rain, but hoping hotter, as I don't think I could have had so many towels when we went to Aquadica.

Waiting to see more pictures. popcorn::

Nice to hear a positive review on Crystal Palace!

Enjoy the rest of your trip, I hope Steve feels better

Luckily, he recovered pretty quickly.....the worst passed in about 24 hours, and he was almost back to normal after day 2. The last few days of the trip, he was feeling great! :goodvibes

Sounds like it's a great trip! Wish I were there! But I am excited that I was able to take advantage of crazy low $60 fares on Southwest so we're going down for a quick December trip! We haven't been there for Christmas time festivities in many years! But I am bummed that our dates don't match up:( We're there 12/10-12/13 and I know you're not there until the next week! Looking forward to a dismeet one of these times!::yes::
I am so glad you were able to whip up a quick trip!! :banana: What do you have planned for your visit.....a MVMCP?

I think we should all start planning now for a mega end-of-October Disboards extravaganza in Orlando: can you imagine the fun we'd have if all the wonderful folks who regularly contribute to my threads were all there at the same time? Florida would never be the same :laughing:.

I'm really sorry I missed you on Sun! I kept an eye out, but I didn't see you before I had to leave :(

Hopefully I'll have better luck in Dec!

I would love to be able to have the chance to meet up and say hey in December! A little closer to our dates (when you will have a better idea of your work schedule) I will PM you our specific plans and hopefully we can make it happen that time for sure :thumbsup2.

Sounds like you are having a fabulous trip. We just arrived in Florida (Sanibel Island) and are loving the weather here as well. When we left we were in hoodies and pants so low and mid 80's feel amazing. Like you, we will have 3 ft of leaves and chilly air to greet us when we get home so I'm soaking it all in. Hope the rest of your trip continues to be great. Looks like you have had lots of new experiences, can't wait to hear about them and possibly add some to our January trip :)
I am so happy to hear you guys are all enjoying a much-needed and well-deserved holiday :banana:. We have enjoyed many trips of great weather, but this one tops them all in the awesomeness department. Flying home later today to snow and ice pellets is going to be like a knife to the heart.

Have a wonderful time on the balance of your vacation! Soak up all the marvelous sun that you can! :sunny:

Oh lucky you Mandas08, we love Sanibel Island. We usually stay at our friend's Sundial's condo. Have a great time there.

Well, ask your friend, Dsmom, she probably has some news for ya.

Hope you are having a great time, and are happy we may have a DiSmeet in December. Time is flying. And we are hoping for some unusually warm weather for the holidays this year. Last time, we had nice weather, with only some rain, but hoping hotter, as I don't think I could have had so many towels when we went to Aquadica.

Waiting to see more pictures. popcorn::
A little bird slipped me the good news a couple of days ago.....and I am so excited! :jumping1: For the rest of you who are trying to figure out what we are talking about, @Lynne G & family will be joining up with @dsmom and her two fellows as well as me and my Steve, and we'll all be enjoying Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party together on the 22nd of December :santa:. It might be a good thing that I'm poised to be unemployed for a few months while I await the approval of my work Visa, because I suspect I will have quite the trip report to write when that trip is all over!!

Well, here we are.....the final morning of our trip. I thought I would post a quick update on our last couple of days before I finalize our packing in preparation for our 10 am check-out. Our flight leaves at 4:03 this afternoon, so we'll be heading to the airport not long after lunch.

We spent Steve's family's final day in Orlando on Tuesday at Aquatica, and had the most incredible time:

14720547_10155125925471416_7441113115130913483_n.jpg

We rented cabanas for both families (it was crazy affordable with the pass member discount) and both the kids and adults had the time of their lives. We were there for park opening and we stayed until they shut it down: it was one of those fun days that we hated to see end. And crowds.....they were non-existent! Even Dolphin Plunge had no waits in the mid afternoon. Our cabana guy told us the park had less than 2000 guests and that staff were being sent home as they weren't needed. It honestly felt less busy at Aquatica than it did at Discovery Cove the Saturday prior....how's that for odd?

Wednesday, Steve and I headed back to DC for another relaxing day in the sun:

14606430_10155128901831416_4482654243254003090_n.jpg

14721657_10155128901876416_7470783857234693554_n.jpg

14729161_10155128901821416_7743822363800947559_n.jpg

After the (enjoyable) chaos of having the nieces and nephew around for a week, this was a much-needed, much-enjoyed quite and relaxing day. The sun shone, it was warmer than our other visit to DC a few days prior, and we couldn't have asked for a better overall day. It really is hard not to love this place.

We had originally planned to do another day at Aquatica for our final full day in Orlando (yesterday), but after two back-to-back days of being in the water we opted to return one more time to SeaWorld. We started the trip with SeaWorld, and well.....we just love it so much there, that's where we wanted to end the trip as well. It was the PERFECT choice: we had the most amazing, incredible, enjoyable day.

14729154_10155130846581416_2440975003488718095_n.jpg

Again.....perfect weather. Super low crowds. And we were pixie-dusted by a very special someone with a fun surprise to end our day at the park.....I won't give it away just yet (more details to follow in my official trip report) but it was one of those kind gestures that just left us with smiles on our faces the entire night. We are so incredibly blessed to know some of the most wonderful people.

That brings us to today: departure day :sad1:. Our friends and family have been quick to let us know that its snowing and ice-pelleting back home, so we're trading the most beautiful weather for absolute awfulness. That news certainly doesn't make me any more happy to see this vacation conclude!! I am just hoping that the snow and other muck isn't bad enough to impact our commute home. Once we land in Buffalo, I'll be anxious to just get back to our little corner of Ontario.

We pick the kittens up tomorrow.....I can't wait to see my babies.

And I'm trying not to let the going-home blues take over this time: after all, we get to do it all again in another 7 weeks :woohoo:.

So, its off to fold the last of the laundry, finish the packing, and pretty much wrap up these amazing two weeks. Thanks to all for following along, both before and during the trip :hug:.

@pigletto .... safe travels to you and your family as you ready yourselves for your adventures!! Have the most spectacular time!

I'm so happy you had such a great vacation!

I'm sorry again I was not able to come down with the kids while you were there. Maybe in December???

Safe travels home!

Safe travels my friend.

Yes, so nice to be able to have a party Dismeet. Kids do not know, and I have another surprise for them too.

I know all will go well. Once you get settled in your new digs, a job will come along.

Awesome pictures! So hoping we have days and days of sunny, gorgeous weather on our trip in December.

No snow or ice, mostly only north of us, but cold rain and high wind. We loose the rain today, and the sun will finally make a grand appearance after some very gray days. Only thing, still cool today, but the wind will make it a bad hair day.

image.jpeg

Glad to hear you had a nice vacation (and can't wait to hear about the surprise!) :)

Safe travels! Glad y'all had a nice vacation together ahead of the move :) can't wait to get all the full details!!

We are at the airport, waiting at our gate. Just as we were leaving to drop off the rental car, we got word that Steve's grandfather is expected to pass away within the next short while. I guess we're coming home at the right time. Steve is the oldest grandson, so I would expect he will be a pallbearer at the funeral. He might not be leaving for Michigan on Sunday after all.

Departure days are always hard, but this is certainly casting an extra shadow over an already difficult day. I feel so badly for poor Steve. He adores that old man....he lived with his grandparents until he was 2 and a half, so there's always been a rather special bond.

We should be boarding soon. Time to take our gravol.

Oh hugs to both of you. So sorry about Steve's grandpa-I don't care how old you are losing a beloved family member never gets easier.
Boo to the returning home weather-too bad you are moving to Michigan and not Missouri-lovely 80 degree (F) weather this weekend with lots of sun.

I think we should all start planning now for a mega end-of-October Disboards extravaganza in Orlando: can you imagine the fun we'd have if all the wonderful folks who regularly contribute to my threads were all there at the same time? Florida would never be the same
Well Pleasure Island is no longer there so probably not too much trouble (what happened on PI stayed on PI). But as for meet up in October 2017-If my oldest gets an Internship there-oh heck yes I will be there! DH already on notice that next Halloween WILL be at Disney if DD is working there.

Hoping you guys safely made it home and are with family now.

Good morning everyone,

After a long and emotional travel day, we pulled into the driveway at 12:30 am. We were delayed by an hour due to our plane arriving late from its origin at JFK, and then there was an unruly passenger from that flight at the gate which slowed us down a second time. Then, when we were finally (mercifully!) loaded and ready to go, the captain announced that Air Force One had just landed and our take-off was halted by air traffic control until the President was secured. So, we sat for a while longer. The flight itself was smooth sailing and the drive home reasonably uneventful, though very long as always.

We received word while in the air that Grandpa passed peacefully in the early evening while surrounded by all 7 of his children. I think Steve was glad for the darkness and solitude of the plane to be alone with his thoughts for an hour or so. Thank you so much for your kind words and posts above.....I know Steve's heart is hurting today. This was the last living grandparent either of us still had.

Today we begin the process of unloading the luggage, as we literally just dropped everything in the middle of the office floor and opened them just enough to take out our toothbrushes before dropping into bed. We will pop up and visit mom later today, and take her out for dinner: I know she has missed us fiercely. Jake is enjoying a weekend in Niagara Falls with friends so I'll have to wait until sometime Monday before I get to hang out with my boy.

Our wonderful, amazing, sweet, loving, and incredible neighbours who house-sat for us while we were gone left us the sweetest little gesture to greet us upon our return home. I will have to send you a picture of their efforts.....as we dragged our emotional, weary, droopy bodies into the door early this morning, their little act of kindness just brought us the biggest smile.

It was cold and rainy and in the low 40's when we arrived at the house. You'll find me sporting my long underwear today :cold: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter