• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Twice As Nice & Double the Fun: an offsite October PTR where “2” is the magic number

Your kitty pictures make me miss having a kitty in our house Gina! They just look so soft and snuggly. I'm loving all the pictures :)

We have been to MVMCP twice and I LOVED it. I am an absolute nut about the Christmas season though, and I love Disney, and I was there with my husband and kids. I mean really, it was the perfect trifecta. :santa:
I keep hearing the Halloween party is better, and it just may be. I suspect the October 30th party we are going to will be much much busier than either of the MVMCP's we've been to though.

I love Disney at Christmas. I'm tempted to wait until December 2017 instead of August 2017 for our next trip. But the August dates work much better for my students and I am counting on a discount coming out from the not to be named travel agent that will make the Poly or Beach club a steal. If for some reason that doesn't work out, we will definitely move the trip to the week before Christmas in 2017. That feels like way too long to wait for the next trip though:rolleyes1.

ha, yes, three pets is a rather full household. And I dread going to petsmart every month; it sure feels like I spend more on them than on me. And don't get me started on the fur. Everywhere. I've grown accustomed; but am slightly embarrassed whenever I have visitors....

But those kittens sure are cute! I'm slightly jealous of that fun stage they are at. My cats just lay around and sleep all day.

Your kitty pictures make me miss having a kitty in our house Gina! They just look so soft and snuggly. I'm loving all the pictures :)

We have been to MVMCP twice and I LOVED it. I am an absolute nut about the Christmas season though, and I love Disney, and I was there with my husband and kids. I mean really, it was the perfect trifecta. :santa:
I keep hearing the Halloween party is better, and it just may be. I suspect the October 30th party we are going to will be much much busier than either of the MVMCP's we've been to though.

I love Disney at Christmas. I'm tempted to wait until December 2017 instead of August 2017 for our next trip. But the August dates work much better for my students and I am counting on a discount coming out from the not to be named travel agent that will make the Poly or Beach club a steal. If for some reason that doesn't work out, we will definitely move the trip to the week before Christmas in 2017. That feels like way too long to wait for the next trip though:rolleyes1.

I am beyond excited to see the differences between the Halloween party and the Christmas party. Your October 30th party will be a sell-out, I'm sure, but many of the parties sell out in October so I don't think the 30th will necessarily be any busier than ours on the 16th and 23rd. Considering I'm like you.....a Christmas girl at heart.....I am wondering if our MVMCP will end up being our favourite of the two events. Time will tell! And weather will play a factor, too, in the overall experience I am sure. I am hoping no rain for both of us!

We still haven't set any plans in motion for 2017 yet.....the jury is still out on when and how often. We've actually got a few 'developments' happening right now that could impact our travel plans for next year. I am long overdue for an update post for you guys, so I will try to get that up later today.

ha, yes, three pets is a rather full household. And I dread going to petsmart every month; it sure feels like I spend more on them than on me. And don't get me started on the fur. Everywhere. I've grown accustomed; but am slightly embarrassed whenever I have visitors....

But those kittens sure are cute! I'm slightly jealous of that fun stage they are at. My cats just lay around and sleep all day.

I wouldn't be embarrassed of the fur for one single second. It's all part of the charm of pet ownership.

funny-pictures-couch-with-cat-fur-on-it.jpg

My little ones still haven't started to shed yet. It has been so long since I've had a kitten around, I'm not sure if that's due to their young age or maybe they won't be bad shedders? (while I'd like the latter to be true, I'm guessing its more a case of my first hypothesis)

Enjoy the sleepy cat stage, as there are moments now when I yearn for that kind of peace in the house :rolleyes1. Violet has become adept at scaling my curtain panels like a feline version of Spiderman so she can look out the windows at the backyard. It's a good thing she's only as big as a minute or else she'd tear right through the dang things. And last night, when I curled up in bed to enjoy an episode of Big Bang Theory before tucking in the kittens, hell was out for recess.....they bounced and attacked and wrestled and rolled the entire time. Don't even ask me what the show was about :rolleyes:. I eventually got some snuggles from Dash (he's definitely my cuddlebug of the two) but only a good case of the giggles from Violet's antics. I can hardly imagine what it will be like when they both just curl up and sleep soundly next to me while I watch TV, though I know that will seem to come sooner rather than later.

Alright.....an update on what's been happening at the Bo-Bina house over the last few days. As we whittle down the final month before our October trip, life has been anything but dull. In fact, September's been quite possibly the strangest month of the last several years:

- Jake moved into his own apartment.
- We adopted two rascally kittens.
- Our air conditional issues got us hot under the collar (literally) and ran us up a tidy repair bill.

Yesterday, we suffered a gas leak at our house (while we were both at work), so our neighbour called 911 and the fire department responded. To make a long story short they shut off our gas temporarily, made the repair, and returned last evening to turn our gas back on. Our precious neighbours (those that called to report the leak after detecting the smell of gas in the air) came over to give us a very animated report of all the excitement we missed: animated because they are from Thailand and speak fairly broken English. Steve had mentioned that the kittens were all riled up when he dropped back over to the house just before noon, so now we know why.

And speaking of Steve, he's been sent back to Michigan (yes, again) to work at his company's US-based plant in Plymouth. Rather than it being a trouble-shooting and temporary (2-4 day) reassignment, however......this time its for 10-12 weeks. Thankfully, his vacation weeks are safe but that means he will be away from Sunday afternoon to Friday night from now until late November or even early December. It is a wonderful career move for Steve, as he will be acting as interim Operations Manager for that plant, but it truly stinks for us personally. He hates being away and I hate him being gone. With Jake no longer at home, we are both SUPER grateful that I have Violet and Dash as company while I'm otherwise alone for a very long stretch. It almost seems providential now that those wee kittens came into our lives: somehow I truly believe God knew I was going to need THEM as much as they needed US.

So, Steve left yesterday afternoon. I found it hard to send him on his way this time. There may have been a few tears.

And just because we haven't got enough going on right now, there is a bit more to the Michigan work story: Steve has been offered the opportunity to take that position on a permanent basis if we are willing to relocate.

Oh, what a decision this is going to be.

Career-wise, its a huge step up for Steve. He will never have the opportunity to move into a similar role at the plant he works at now as my brother is the General Manager, and Magna won't allow for Steve to directly report to Dean (for obvious reasons). Any additional promotions and that conflict is an issue. In Michigan, the sky will be the limit.

Magna would handle securing work Visas for both Steve AND me, which is huge. They would pay our moving expenses, arrange for health coverage for us, and even cover our real estate fees (assuming we choose to sell our house). And of course, he'd get a nice raise AND get paid in US funds. On the downside, it means a new country, a new community, a new job for me, and being 6+ hours away from Jake and my mom.

So.....everything just feels completely out of place right now. Every option we have feels partly right and partly wrong. I know at some point we'll have that "a-ha" moment where the proper decision becomes crystal clear, but for now, our minds are a swirl of a million thoughts. He's going to give himself a few weeks in the interim position and see how it goes before committing either way. We were talking on the phone last night, and he joked that if the other plant were in Florida (or even South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama or Louisiana) the decision would be much less difficult to make :rolleyes:.

Otherwise, all else is good :). The October trip is fully organized and the December trip is coming together spectacularly. We're down to 29 and 93 days on the countdowns.

Wow! So much going on in your household.

Hold tight, time will pass fast. If you ever need a time to talk, just give me a call or send a text, and I'll call ya. Been married to the military until 2 years ago, so not having DH at home was for many years, longest apart was almost 2 years, so I kinda know how you feel.

And the move for a job is always a huge decision. I guess you draw up the good and bad score board, and then decide. 6 hours drive is still less than a day to get home. You'll still be close to the border, and well, I assume the weather will be somewhat the same. My nephew's wife is from Canada, and now lives in the US. She visits family for a few weeks over the year, and it's a much longer ride than you would have. Sending good thoughts that the family decision is not too hard and will be the best for both of you. Hugs.

HeHe, little Violet being the hell raiser. A girl, of course! And lucky Dash lets you cuddle. My cats, when I was younger, never let us cuddle with them. Pick them up, and carry them, but never snuggle. Bed hog was one of them though, but always after you were sound asleep.

th

Wow, so many changes and a lot for you to think about! It isnt nice having to work away on a regular basis, especialy when its unexpected. About 10 years ago my DH was away 3 nights a week for a while and I was at home with 3 pre schoolers, who like your kittens were at least a good distraction from missing him! We had just moved away from my family as well which was hard at first but now so many years down the line we are all kind of adjusted to it.

Good luck with your decision, it is unsettling though having so much to consider!

And just because we haven't got enough going on right now, there is a bit more to the Michigan work story: Steve has been offered the opportunity to take that position on a permanent basis if we are willing to relocate.

Oh, what a decision this is going to be.

Wow - what a huge opportunity for you and Steve. Are you a list maker? Maybe a big pro's and con's list will help you sort out some of the decision? I know for me that I absolutely hate change, so something like this would turn my hair gray with trying to make a decision.

And speaking of Steve, he's been sent back to Michigan (yes, again) to work at his company's US-based plant in Plymouth. Rather than it being a trouble-shooting and temporary (2-4 day) reassignment, however......this time its for 10-12 weeks. Thankfully, his vacation weeks are safe but that means he will be away from Sunday afternoon to Friday night from now until late November or even early December.

And I will now officially stop complaining about the crazy shifts that Tony works. I don't think I could stand being away from him for the majority of the week. But, you can watch all the girlie TV shows you want, hold the remote and have ice cream for dinner without worrying about strange looks from Steve!

Gina you need to stop booking holidays - everything starts happening as you are nearing your going away date!!

Well what an opportunity, and decision, for you and Steve. He might need to take you with him to see how the land lays (and stop you spending all that free time on the Dis and thinking of little extras to add yo your plans). I know you will have plenty to mull over, and wish you luck with that. You certainly have a lot going on :goodvibes

That is a lot to process right now. I know I posted a lot about how hard it was the year dd went away for school and my husband was living in his work city Monday to Friday. We did that for a month shy of two years and it was very very hard. An end date is always a good thing so that you can muddle through the lonely weeks, knowing it won't be permanent. I'm glad you have the trips to look forward to as well. A bright spot to focus on when it's tough. :hug:

I have no good advice on the offer ..only because I don't know what we would do either! We considered moving to DH's work town which is only 3 hours from family, but we ultimately chose to stay put. A large part of that decision was ds being so tied to this community and not wanting to uproot him. If it were just dh and I , I'm think we would have moved.. maybe? I learned a lot over those two years what HOME means to us. It might mean something different to you.. but wherever it is, that's where you will end up. Home might simply be with Steve wherever he is. Or maybe it's the community you are in now with friends and family too.
It's like you said.. those decisions aren't made overnight but over weeks or months of thinking. It will definitely be very clear at some point, especially as things unfold. :)

Wow! What a decision!

In life, as one chapter closes a new one opens. This could be a very exciting opportunity. It would be wonderful to have a crystal ball so you could see the future, no?

On the other hand, I would be leery of making any decision before November 8th. We may be putting our timeshares on the market on November 9th and saying goodbye to the US for a few years depending on how things go that day (A+ has some VERY strong feelings about the politics right now).

I am a strong believer in both fate and karma. So lets hope that both are positive, whatever you decide!

Mrs. Doubtfire has a good suggestion I think ... for you to spend some time in Plymouth with Steve while you ponder this decision. Although visiting somewhere and living there can be very different things. What an exciting opportunity to be given though, and could be a big adventure, living in another country for a while. Would you consider taking your mother with you?

Gina you need to stop booking holidays - everything starts happening as you are nearing your going away date!!

Well what an opportunity, and decision, for you and Steve. He might need to take you with him to see how the land lays (and stop you spending all that free time on the Dis and thinking of little extras to add yo your plans). I know you will have plenty to mull over, and wish you luck with that. You certainly have a lot going on :goodvibes

I think the idea of you going with him is a good one, so you can see if you would even like it. Possibly do some job hunting to see if you could even find one you would like. You do have the advantage of Steve's job getting your work visa which is one less hindrance to a potential employer. I know Michigan generally doesn't fair well during recessions because of the auto industry and I don't know how well it's doing as a whole. I have family there, though on the western side and the UP. Honestly, it's not a state I would want to live in, that's me coming from the west coast. But having visited Toronto, I have a friend that lives in Etobicoke near the airport that I stayed with, I would rather stay in Ontario. But again, I'm coming from the west. MI is more conservative, catholic and church in general, farms and auto. But Plymouth is between Ann Arbor and Detroit so it may be more suburbs and city. My aunt and uncle lived in Flint after he was transferred to the GM plant there, and it was nice in the area they lived. Maybe it's my family there that skews this too because I lived in NC outside of Charlotte for 6 years and I might as well have described NC except replace catholic with baptist and auto with racing and Plymouth with Kannapolis where I lived. Haha. But Charlotte tends to be more liberal to an extent because of all the transplants, my district had a democratic congressman. But I digress.

Wow! What a decision!

In life, as one chapter closes a new one opens. This could be a very exciting opportunity. It would be wonderful to have a crystal ball so you could see the future, no?

On the other hand, I would be leery of making any decision before November 8th. We may be putting our timeshares on the market on November 9th and saying goodbye to the US for a few years depending on how things go that day (A+ has some VERY strong feelings about the politics right now).

I am a strong believer in both fate and karma. So lets hope that both are positive, whatever you decide!

This too! Umm...I may be looking to move north. Or as my friend suggested, since we're in Florida that week, spending election day at Universal, if it's bad we'll just stay there and send home for Dude and her cat Cody and stay in the world :)

My goodness! That is quite a lot to process. It is interesting that this opportunity to move presents itself right when Jake has officially moved out. And also the same year that you were looking to spread your wings at a different job as well. Maybe that also didn't work out for a reason! Sometimes interpreting the Universe's messages to us is so confusing! But, yeah, duh, if the job was in Florida the message would be loud and clear!! Will the kittens be given Visas too? ;)

I don't post much, but I have read all of your reports and follow your trips. I happen to live in Michigan and happen to be about 30 minutes from Plymouth and have lived here all my life. If you have any questions or if you do end up coming to Michigan for an exploring visit I would be glad to help you plan or help anyway I can. Good Luck on your decision!

So the important question is- would you be moving to a city that is near an airport with cheap fares to Orlando?:teeth: It's a very tough decision, but it is at a good time- no worries about having to pull a child out of school and into a new one. Congrats to Steve!:)

Wow-that is some news! Moving like that is a huge hard decision and there will always be "what-ifs" no matter the ultimate decision. I have lived in MI too-loved it (in Grand Rapids) in high school. Great beaches in summer on MI side of lake. I have lived in North Dakota, Michigan, Florida (temporary), Texas, Arkansas and Missouri-Texas, Arkansas and moving from and to MO happened since been married and having kids. I loved my house and neighborhood in texas and arkansas and cried on leaving both. Leaving those states to move "home" to missouri ultimately was the right decision(we moved to this same town twice-2nd time finally stuck LOL). Each time move occurred because of job opportunity for DH, and advancement possibilities. We are only 2-3 hours from family now instead of a plane or days drive away-but we have younger kids.
Maybe Jake can live/rent your house while you guys move to the states? Although I agree no hasty decisions until after November...otherwise may see mass exodus of States peeps trying to get to Canada:rolleyes1

Wow! That's a big decision. I know it will all work out though :)

So the important question is- would you be moving to a city that is near an airport with cheap fares to Orlando?:teeth: It's a very tough decision, but it is at a good time- no worries about having to pull a child out of school and into a new one. Congrats to Steve!:)

I admit thinking the same thing about access to Disney when we moved to another state a few years back!

Wow! So much going on in your household.

Hold tight, time will pass fast. If you ever need a time to talk, just give me a call or send a text, and I'll call ya. Been married to the military until 2 years ago, so not having DH at home was for many years, longest apart was almost 2 years, so I kinda know how you feel.

And the move for a job is always a huge decision. I guess you draw up the good and bad score board, and then decide. 6 hours drive is still less than a day to get home. You'll still be close to the border, and well, I assume the weather will be somewhat the same. My nephew's wife is from Canada, and now lives in the US. She visits family for a few weeks over the year, and it's a much longer ride than you would have. Sending good thoughts that the family decision is not too hard and will be the best for both of you. Hugs.

HeHe, little Violet being the hell raiser. A girl, of course! And lucky Dash lets you cuddle. My cats, when I was younger, never let us cuddle with them. Pick them up, and carry them, but never snuggle. Bed hog was one of them though, but always after you were sound asleep.

th

Thanks Lynne :goodvibes. You military wives deserve a special place in heaven.....here I am, bemoaning the fact that he is away for 5 weeks but I still (should) get to see him on weekends. You and the other spouses go months or years on end and still trundle along. I don't know how you do it.

Violet's newest trick is to take the screen from the drain in the bathtub and bat it around the main floor of the house. She also managed to "accidentally" knock poor dash off the side of the tub while I was showering this morning right smack-dab into the water from the shower. Poor little devil got a direct soaking and looked like a drowned rat. That wee miss is definitely the one to watch.....sweet face or not!! LOL

Oh, and did I mention she ripped my tablecloth from the table 8 TIMES before I left for work this morning? :rolleyes2

14322206_10155010617106416_1227401286829535738_n.jpg

Wow, so many changes and a lot for you to think about! It isnt nice having to work away on a regular basis, especialy when its unexpected. About 10 years ago my DH was away 3 nights a week for a while and I was at home with 3 pre schoolers, who like your kittens were at least a good distraction from missing him! We had just moved away from my family as well which was hard at first but now so many years down the line we are all kind of adjusted to it.

Good luck with your decision, it is unsettling though having so much to consider!

Thank you :goodvibes. The indecision is what I am finding the hardest. I'm the kind of girl who like to develop a plan and carry it out. I said to Steve tonight, I don't care what the decision is but I just want a decision either way. This "are we, or are we not?" is a killer. We plan to go out for a nice dinner this weekend to see if we can come to a final conclusion on what we should do.

Wow - what a huge opportunity for you and Steve. Are you a list maker? Maybe a big pro's and con's list will help you sort out some of the decision? I know for me that I absolutely hate change, so something like this would turn my hair gray with trying to make a decision.

And I will now officially stop complaining about the crazy shifts that Tony works. I don't think I could stand being away from him for the majority of the week. But, you can watch all the girlie TV shows you want, hold the remote and have ice cream for dinner without worrying about strange looks from Steve!

I made that list in my head ALL NIGHT LONG last night. Not much sleeping but lots of mulling over the pros and cons. I'm like you....I like predictability and familiarity. Yet at the same time, I'm a firm believe that God sometimes puts opportunities in front of us for a reason, and its up to us to embrace them rather than run from them.

I didn't have ice cream for dinner, but I did have a coffee and two smile cookies from Tim Hortons :blush:. Oh, and a reheated piece of left-over pizza. I feel like I'm a college student :rotfl:.

I was hoping that the last few weeks before our trip would pass by quickly, but this kind of excitement was certainly not what I had in mind :rolleyes1.

I am hoping to maybe go up later next week to get a tour of the area......his company actually suggested that I join him for a few days to explore the community and meet some of the folks he would be working with. I have being doing some research on places to live, and have shortlisted a few properties that look like they'd be a good fit for us (we'd be looking more for a condo than a house). The plan would be to check out a few of those a the same time, if he decides he wants to accept the job.

That is a lot to process right now. I know I posted a lot about how hard it was the year dd went away for school and my husband was living in his work city Monday to Friday. We did that for a month shy of two years and it was very very hard. An end date is always a good thing so that you can muddle through the lonely weeks, knowing it won't be permanent. I'm glad you have the trips to look forward to as well. A bright spot to focus on when it's tough. :hug:

I have no good advice on the offer ..only because I don't know what we would do either! We considered moving to DH's work town which is only 3 hours from family, but we ultimately chose to stay put. A large part of that decision was ds being so tied to this community and not wanting to uproot him. If it were just dh and I , I'm think we would have moved.. maybe? I learned a lot over those two years what HOME means to us. It might mean something different to you.. but wherever it is, that's where you will end up. Home might simply be with Steve wherever he is. Or maybe it's the community you are in now with friends and family too.
It's like you said.. those decisions aren't made overnight but over weeks or months of thinking. It will definitely be very clear at some point, especially as things unfold. :)

I actually thought of you when Steve told me how many weeks he would be in the interim position. I knew that you, especially, would relate to all the feelings I was experiencing. I have to say, I truly appreciate all the warmth and understanding from all of you here on the boards. How nice it is to get so muc non-judgemental support from friends :grouphug:.

Wow! What a decision!

Thanks Munro :goodvibes. While I would like the luxury of waiting until the election results are in, I was told today that he needs to indicate his interest by next Wednesday.....so we will be making a bit of a leap of faith where politics are concerned. I am sure the move wouldn't occur until closer to the new year, our decision will be made long before the votes are counted.

You really think you might sell your timeshares? If you ever decide to list the SVR week, I may have someone who would be interested in buying (depending on your asking price). Hopefully it won't get to that for you, but if it does, be sure to send me a PM.

Mrs. Doubtfire has a good suggestion I think ... for you to spend some time in Plymouth with Steve while you ponder this decision. Although visiting somewhere and living there can be very different things. What an exciting opportunity to be given though, and could be a big adventure, living in another country for a while. Would you consider taking your mother with you?

Mom flatly refuses to go, though I gave her a sincere offer to come along. She doesn't want to be that far away from where my dad is buried. It is important to her to be able to visit the cemetery regularly, and I understand that need. If we decide to accept the transfer, though, I'm going to need one fantastic long-distance plan! :crazy2:

I think the idea of you going with him is a good one, so you can see if you would even like it. Possibly do some job hunting to see if you could even find one you would like. You do have the advantage of Steve's job getting your work visa which is one less hindrance to a potential employer. I know Michigan generally doesn't fair well during recessions because of the auto industry and I don't know how well it's doing as a whole. I have family there, though on the western side and the UP. Honestly, it's not a state I would want to live in, that's me coming from the west coast. But having visited Toronto, I have a friend that lives in Etobicoke near the airport that I stayed with, I would rather stay in Ontario. But again, I'm coming from the west. MI is more conservative, catholic and church in general, farms and auto. But Plymouth is between Ann Arbor and Detroit so it may be more suburbs and city. My aunt and uncle lived in Flint after he was transferred to the GM plant there, and it was nice in the area they lived. Maybe it's my family there that skews this too because I lived in NC outside of Charlotte for 6 years and I might as well have described NC except replace catholic with baptist and auto with racing and Plymouth with Kannapolis where I lived. Haha. But Charlotte tends to be more liberal to an extent because of all the transplants, my district had a democratic congressman. But I digress.

This too! Umm...I may be looking to move north. Or as my friend suggested, since we're in Florida that week, spending election day at Universal, if it's bad we'll just stay there and send home for Dude and her cat Cody and stay in the world :)

Michigan would not have been my first choice in American locations to put down roots (if nothing else, its way too cold :cold:), but alas......that is where Steve's company set up camp. I don't necessarily mind the conservative, traditional lifestyle as I'm a rather conservative, traditional girl myself :cutie:. I am no fan of Detroit (its a little too rough around the edges for me) but I'm hoping the Plymouth area has more charm.

My goodness! That is quite a lot to process. It is interesting that this opportunity to move presents itself right when Jake has officially moved out. And also the same year that you were looking to spread your wings at a different job as well. Maybe that also didn't work out for a reason! Sometimes interpreting the Universe's messages to us is so confusing! But, yeah, duh, if the job was in Florida the message would be loud and clear!! Will the kittens be given Visas too? ;)

The timeliness and circumstances of this opportunity has not escaped us. Almost like it was meant to be, isn't it?

The kittens will absolutely be joining us if we decide to make Michigan our new home. We could never leave the little bums behind.

14370119_10155009684666416_1463318273067620978_n.jpg

I don't post much, but I have read all of your reports and follow your trips. I happen to live in Michigan and happen to be about 30 minutes from Plymouth and have lived here all my life. If you have any questions or if you do end up coming to Michigan for an exploring visit I would be glad to help you plan or help anyway I can. Good Luck on your decision!

@DontRushMe , that's an offer I may just take you up on! If we decide to accept the transfer, I will most definitely send you a PM. I'd love to get the inside scoop from someone who is "in the know" :thumbsup2.

LOL, we actually discussed that the other night when we were talking on the phone :rotfl:. I'm not ashamed to admit that its an important consideration for us. We would be very close to both Detroit and Flint, but unfortunately Jetblue does not fly nonstop out of either (or at all out of Flint) :sad:.

Wow-that is some news! Moving like that is a huge hard decision and there will always be "what-ifs" no matter the ultimate decision. I have lived in MI too-loved it (in Grand Rapids) in high school. Great beaches in summer on MI side of lake. I have lived in North Dakota, Michigan, Florida (temporary), Texas, Arkansas and Missouri-Texas, Arkansas and moving from and to MO happened since been married and having kids. I loved my house and neighborhood in texas and arkansas and cried on leaving both. Leaving those states to move "home" to missouri ultimately was the right decision(we moved to this same town twice-2nd time finally stuck LOL). Each time move occurred because of job opportunity for DH, and advancement possibilities. We are only 2-3 hours from family now instead of a plane or days drive away-but we have younger kids.
Maybe Jake can live/rent your house while you guys move to the states? Although I agree no hasty decisions until after November...otherwise may see mass exodus of States peeps trying to get to Canada:rolleyes1

We thought about Jake taking over our house as well, but its further away (by a half hour or more) from where he works and I don't think he's ready for the maintenance that a home requires. We have a reasonably large yard with a zillion mature trees which means lots of mowing, trimming and raking, none of which compliment his busy lifestyle. You know what one of the silly things is that I am worried about? I would have to get my car there, which means driving through Toronto.....which I have never done!! And a 7 hour car trip all alone :crazy2:. It's all these little things that are keeping me up at night.

Wow! That's a big decision. I know it will all work out though :)

Thanks Joanna :goodvibes.

I admit thinking the same thing about access to Disney when we moved to another state a few years back!

I have heard positive reports from another Diser of flying from the Flint airport, but that leaves us with only Allegiant if we want non-stop. I don't know anyone that's flown Allegiant so I'll have to do a little research on their seating options to see if they offer any kind of extra legroom. First World Problems, I know!! ;)

In trip planning news.....I made our fastpasses for the first party night this morning. The pickin's were slim, but I got Haunted Mansion, Peter Pans Flight, and Jungle Cruise in that order. Better than nothing. Those pesky kitten walked all over my computer as I did so :headache: (how Violet manages to step on the power button EVERY SINGLE TIME is beyond me! :confused3) but eventually I got it done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter