• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TWEEN GIRL Christmas Gift ideas!!!!

I need ideas as well. My DD just turned 11 and is really immature for her age. Like she spent her birthday morning on LPS stuff. But she already has so much stuff, like an ipad, ipod, tv, roku, etc.

I was thinking maybe her own printer with extra ink she always wants to print things but I never let her on mine. I don't know if that is super lame though.

She is dying to go to Universal but I cant get everyone passes and just buying for her is useless so that is really out.

Im going to follow this in hopes of finding the perfect idea. :)

Mine has asked for a fitbit with changeable bands, D23 membership, foot spa, and alex & ani bracelets.

My two oldest DD, one ten in Dec one 12 in Jan, are so hard to buy for. I am the mean mom that won't let them have a tv in their rooms. That's all they ask for.
I was thinking of giving them each their own computer. They are both really into sports. The oldest one is into makeup and hair and all that girly stuff. The 9 year old still plays dolls and such with my 6 year old but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't if she wasn't forced. Lol.
I think I'm going to get them science center tickets and IMAX tickets. They already have iPhones, iPads and all the gaming consoles you can think of. (Usually my 4 year old DS is the only one to play on).
It's a tricky age.

I just got my 12 year old and 16 year old nieces Aeropostale pull over hooded sweatshirts originally $39. for $7.49!!!! I got some for my cousin and my cousin's girls as well. They all love Aeropostale and that was a great deal! They are having a 40% off sale. I was also able to get a few other t-shirts and such (cat phone holder wristlet--$4.19!!!) for anywhere from $3.59 to $6.99, great deals for Christmas! Good Luck with your gift search!

I just got my 12 year old and 16 year old nieces Aeropostale pull over hooded sweatshirts originally $39. for $7.49!!!! I got some for my cousin and my cousin's girls as well. They all love Aeropostale and that was a great deal! They are having a 40% off sale. I was also able to get a few other t-shirts and such (cat phone holder wristlet--$4.19!!!) for anywhere from $3.59 to $6.99, great deals for Christmas! Good Luck with your gift search!

That's a great deal, good job! I guess we will graduate to Aeropostale soon, we are still into Justice.....what age do they grow out of Justice? 11? 12?

That's a great deal, good job! I guess we will graduate to Aeropostale soon, we are still into Justice.....what age do they grow out of Justice? 11? 12?

I'd say by 12. That's the age when Gymboree, Gap, and Justice become "uncool".

I'd say by 12. That's the age when Gymboree, Gap, and Justice become "uncool".

Gymboree at 12 would be crazy. We stopped shopping their when dd was 5 or 6. Maybe it's me but I'm not sure why gap is uncool at 12. It's jeans and Tshirts. Then again, my dd (11) luckily doesn't care what's cool (yet):)

Every kid is different. My ten year old really wanted to go shopping at Justice because she hadn't been for awhile. I took her two weeks ago and she did a big loop of the store and said "nope, not for me anymore." :confused3

Gymboree at 12 would be crazy. We stopped shopping their when dd was 5 or 6. Maybe it's me but I'm not sure why gap is uncool at 12. It's jeans and Tshirts. Then again, my dd (11) luckily doesn't care what's cool (yet):)

My 11 yr old DD still has gymboree jeans, and I'd bet some tops still mixed in. Both my boys (10&nearly 9) have lots of clothes from Gymboree.

Thankfully the kids wear uniforms to school so fashion choices aren't a problem in this area. Who tells these kids that certain stores aren't good enough? Gymboree sizes up to 12 and I believe Crazy8 goes higher than that. Justice definitely goes much higher.

My 11 yr old DD still has gymboree jeans, and I'd bet some tops still mixed in. Both my boys (10&nearly 9) have lots of clothes from Gymboree. Thankfully the kids wear uniforms to school so fashion choices aren't a problem in this area. Who tells these kids that certain stores aren't good enough? Gymboree sizes up to 12 and I believe Crazy8 goes higher than that. Justice definitely goes much higher.

I guess I'm thinking of the matchy stuff. Plain jeans and simple shirts are different. I just haven't been in for a while.

My 11 yr old DD still has gymboree jeans, and I'd bet some tops still mixed in. Both my boys (10&nearly 9) have lots of clothes from Gymboree.

Thankfully the kids wear uniforms to school so fashion choices aren't a problem in this area. Who tells these kids that certain stores aren't good enough? Gymboree sizes up to 12 and I believe Crazy8 goes higher than that. Justice definitely goes much higher.

I'm not sure anyone tells the kids, but a lot has to do with where you live and how your kid likes to dress. DD is much more into labels than teen DS 17, but even he has some labels he wants. While DD13 will still buy some underwear at Justice, GAP is too plain for her (or too preppy?) and Gymboree and Crazy 8 also has plainer and younger looking styes that are not her style anymore. The girl teens where I live like the ballet tops and skinny jeans or short skirts with UGGs or other boots, the boys I see are in Areo and A&F and the sporting good stores.

Malls near us definitely depend on the teen shoppers, mostly going after the girls.

But for Christmas, DD will get some gift cards, small make up kits, an organizer for her desk, a few clothes, books, and hair and bath items. No real toys, as the electronic games and music are what she plays with now. DS will get gift cards, electronic games he wants, bath and shaving items, some clothes and a jacket, and some small things.

As they get older, gift cards and money are much more appreciated.

I enjoy seeing what other teens are interested in. So, thanks for this thread.

What size jamberry nails do you guys buy your girls?

A consultant told me that the Junior sizes are appropriate for up to age 10. She also mentioned that if they are too small you can exchange them. That being said, I'm buying the adult sizes because they can be trimmed and I don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging them if they do happen to be to small.

This will be the first Christmas my daughters 9 and 11 know "the truth". They also aren't into toys anymore:( I'm finding it so difficult to pick things out for them. Normally they make Christmas lists with about 25 things on them. This is what they gave me for this year:

DD 11:

Trampoline
Koolaid the tips of her hair red

DD 9:

Iphone 6
Phone case
Laptop- not just any laptop a $1700 Apple
Trampoline
Complete room makeover
Cash
Clothes
Uggs

DD 9 is in for a shock this Christmas. She may have gotten everything on her list before when items were $50 and under but her list this year is easily $3000.

This will be the first Christmas my daughters 9 and 11 know "the truth". They also aren't into toys anymore:( I'm finding it so difficult to pick things out for them. Normally they make Christmas lists with about 25 things on them. This is what they gave me for this year:

DD 11:

Trampoline
Koolaid the tips of her hair red

DD 9:

Iphone 6
Phone case
Laptop- not just any laptop a $1700 Apple
Trampoline
Complete room makeover
Cash
Clothes
Uggs

DD 9 is in for a shock this Christmas. She may have gotten everything on her list before when items were $50 and under but her list this year is easily $3000.

Your dd 9's list just made me LOL.. that was my dd last year.. asking for the impossible (horse, laptop, etc.). She, of course, got nothing on her list, but she was still happy with what she got, :)

A consultant told me that the Junior sizes are appropriate for up to age 10. She also mentioned that if they are too small you can exchange them. That being said, I'm buying the adult sizes because they can be trimmed and I don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging them if they do happen to be to small.

Did you buy yours through a local consultant? I want to buy some for my 8 year old dd because she bites her nails all the time. I was hoping they might deter her from biting them!

Did you buy yours through a local consultant? I want to buy some for my 8 year old dd because she bites her nails all the time. I was hoping they might deter her from biting them!

I did but I'm almost positive you can also order them directly from the website without a consultant. My daughter used to bite her nails too! It would drive crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter