TV Connections

kmitchel

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the TVs in the room have HDMI connections or Composite/Component connections?

It would be nice to hook up my laptop or iPod Touch to play some movies on a bigger screen.

Thanks!

From the DCL FAQ:

Prohibited ItemsQuestion
What electronic devices or appliances are not permitted on board?
Answer
Personal VCR/DVD players are not allowed because of compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs. Stateroom categories 1, 2 and 3 feature DVD/CD players. Concierge has a wide range of movies available, ranging from those suitable for kids to those for adults. Guests can make arrangements to check out the movies through the concierge staff at no additional charge.

Nintendo and other video game consoles are not allowed because of compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs. Children can visit the Oceaneer Lab during Family Time to play games on the latest in gaming technology. Teens can play at the Stack or Aloft, depending upon the ship. Guests should check their Personal Navigator for times.

Personal irons are not allowed in staterooms due to safety concerns. Irons are available for use in the laundry facilities located on decks 2, 6 and 7.

Seasonal and celebratory lighting strings are prohibited due to safety concerns.

Metal detectors are not allowed on the ship or on Castaway Cay, as any object found using these devices would need to be returned to the owner or donated to charity.

Electronic devices or appliances that are permitted include:

Laptops
Cell phone and camera battery chargers
Walkie-talkies and two-way radios (e.g., Motorola, JVC). Please be aware that the amount of steel in the ship's infrastructure may cause some "dead zones" and the radios may not transmit in these areas.
A small portable fan. However, please contact Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve the use of your particular appliance in the stateroom.

I remember seeing a thread on this subject before.
Someone posted pics of the connections on the back of the tv.
I don't think they included HDMI. They did have the RedWhiteYellow RCA jacks.

They also have composite (RGB). Has worked fine with my iPod and iPod touch.

Like PP said, there are pics on an older thread.

Great pics.

Remember that being a new ship it should have the newest TV's?

There has to be some kind of connections, but they also could be disabled within the software.

Great pics.

Remember that being a new ship it should have the newest TV's?

There has to be some kind of connections, but they also could be disabled within the software.

the RCA connetions works great, also to listen to music thorugh the TV is great as well (pretty good sound)

Good Luck

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

I have a WD Live that uses HDMI or the composite/component and the HD Live has a USB connection. I can't really tell if that is an HDMI connection on the back of the TV, so I guess I will bring both just in case!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter