Tv Channels At Resorts Question????

FairyDust2008

DIS Veteran
I was reading where the GF has only basic cable. Exactly what channels do you get? I've heard this is a small complaint of other hotel guest wanting more channel choices. I know you aren't at Disney to watch TV all the time, but it is nice to have a wide range for the kids when you are at the resort resting, etc. If you can answer the question, I would appreciate it. THANKS!

there isn't much! I'm definitely spoiled with my digital cable package and beyond some Disney cartoons and the basic networks, there was nothing else. We watched the promotional channel way too much, I think I can narrate that girls trip to the parks myself by now! We were in the room for naptime with our little one and early for bedtime, so I would say it would be nice if Disney would expand their in room TV offerings.....! Definitely bring a book or two if you plan to be in room a lot, and even a laptop or portable DVD player if you plan to be in room a lot and want to be able to enjoy some technology.

Never could understand the channels at WDW, horrible. You would think they would have a movie, or pay-per-view offering. Guess if you were in your room watching TV, you wouldn't be spending money elsewhere. Long ago, I thought they should have DVD players either in the room or for rent plus the movies. I hate commercial TV, rather watch any kind of movie in the evening without interruptions. We take our portable mini DVD player and hook it up along with some movies for evening watching.

But you have to watch the Appliance guy with his fine white porcelain !

I have never watched CNN or CNN Headline News so much as when I got sick at WDW in December, 2004! After two days, I was going bananas! I was hoping something would happen somewhere so the news would be fresh! *LOL*

They have the local channels (Orlando), the three major networks, PBS, ESPN, ESPN2, Disney Channel, Toon Disney, and a couple of others I can't remember.

They channel selection is pretty horrible, but we don't really watch tv there anyway. I suggest bringing DVD's.

Well, we jokingly "complain" about Disney's TV channel selection too. But that link to the channel choices doesn't show one thing. The second listing of the basic things like ABC, CBS, NBC, etc. is closed captioning. Then you have what Disney is trying to hope is something for everyone. Personally, I don't think Lifetime (supposedly for women) needs to be on there and I think there should only be two ESPNs (the original and ESPN2 which is taking up a lot of sports programming now). But ESPN is owned by Disney. Then you have a couple of Spanish channels, a German channel and a Japanese channel. There are a ton of Disney resort channels on there.

Sure, you will miss TNT and USA and things like that. Yeah, I go in the summer and miss out on The Closer and Burn Notice. I know it and tape back home.

But TNT and USA and channels like that can have objectionable things on there for children's viewing. I can't imagine having A&E on there for a CSI episode like the one I just saw last night where they cut into a brain. I'm sure some parent would not like to have their child watching that in the room.

actually in the AM we watch the D channel to get in the mood and in the PM we're MUCH too tired to care what's on :goodvibes :goodvibes

I'm going to have to tell my mom that the TVs at Disney have limited channel selection, because she hates the TV. She might decide that she'd rather stay on property, so the kids would have to do something else.

I never really paid attention to the stations you get. All I ever watched was Resort TV. In fact, it's something I look forward to watching first thing in the morning and late at night after a day at the parks. Sometimes I do watch the local news station just for the more accurate weather forecast.

I never really paid attention to the stations you get. All I ever watched was Resort TV. In fact, it's something I look forward to watching first thing in the morning and late at night after a day at the parks. Sometimes I do watch the local news station just for the more accurate weather forecast.

For the week that we are away, I have to agree. I catch up when I get back. I've survived 10 previous trips since 1996.

I'm going to have to tell my mom that the TVs at Disney have limited channel selection, because she hates the TV. She might decide that she'd rather stay on property, so the kids would have to do something else.

Oh, that's the best reason for staying on site!!!! The kids can't watch TV! "I'm sorry honey but aren't you afraid that someone will steal your DVDs and your game player if you take them with you? They are too big to all fit into the room safe." :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter