• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TV Advert

Scottish_Maleficent

DIS Veteran
Ok, this has been bugging me for a while. The advert on TV just now, advertising Disney - WDW and DLP, with the kids getting up at 5am. They show you shots of a castle from a hotel room balcony. The hotel room has characters painted on the walls, and a smart lamp base with Mickey carved into it. What I want to know is what hotel and what castle.....WDW & Cinderella's or DLP and Sleeping Beauty's?? Everytime I watch it drives me crazy.:crazy: :crazy: :confused: :confused:

Dunno!!!! Sorry I'm no help, I'm curious too!!! I only caught a glimpse of it and I was thinking the same thing!! Anybody?

Debbie

The view from the room is from the Contempary Tower rooms that face the MK, The castle is WDW's Cinderella's Castle not DLP's Sleeping Beauty castle. The castle in paris is completely different.

The room im guessing is a studio set as far as i am aware no rooms in the contempary have Giant Disney characters painted on the walls.

Hope this helps

Thats funny I was convinced that it was DLP's Castle!!!
Just shows how wrong I was LOL.

I was also convinced that it was DLP's castle and I thought that it might of been a room in the Disneyland Hotel, although it would of had to have been redecorated to look like it does in the tv advert.

Another vote for DLP, I would guess it's the hotel at the front gate (disneyland hotel?) From the contempary the castle would be much further away.
Ben

Personally, I have a feeling they have just used a bit of creative license - I don't think there is a hotel anywhere that has that view.

DLP's Disneyland Hotel is directly in front of the castle - if you were looking from there it would be a head-on view.

The Contempory is further feels further away and being to the side - judging by how you see it from the monorail, Space Mountain would obsure the view I think. Plus...that advert looks to me like you are looking at the castle from the Left hand side, not the Right hand side.

Ok to settle a few things.

This is DLP's castle, It looks nothing like the WDW castle which is in the advert

Castle002.jpg

This is WDW's castle, the one in the advert

castle2.jpg

It is NOT the DLP hotel as this would give you a view of Main Street towards the castle, and the rooms do not look like this, as i've stayed there.

cgv3.jpg

Cgv6.jpg

This is the view from the Contempary, Space Mountain will not block your view and the Contempary is not far from the MK it is just across from the Bus stop of the MK within walking distance. I have also stayed in a MK view contempary room and this is the view you get. You can even hear the wolf howl from the Haunted Mansion at night from the Contmepary and the Grand Floridian, although the Grand Flordian is further than the Contempary

So as i said i think the room is a set but the view is real, Stay in the Contempary and you'll see. Its great because if you get the right room you can watch the fireworks over the castle from your
bed and can fall asleep watching the castle change colours which is my favourite memory of WDW.

Yup Space, that sure looks like the view that you see in the advert. Thanks for this it's also been buggin' the hell out of me also ;)

I'm still not sure - I do think it is Cindies castle, but I also think they show a glimpse of Sleeping Beauty's in another bit of the advert.
I'll have keep my eyes peeled the next time!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter