• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tuxedos more than one night?

AnthonyB

Earning My Ears
I want to rent a tux for 1-25-05 Magic cruise. Would I be able to wear the tux on both the formal and semi-formal nights? Should I also bring a jacket if we are dining in Lumiere's and it is not a scheduled formal or semi-formal evening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Anthony, in the past I have worn the same black suit (fake-tux), rented a tux and worn it both nights and on our recent trip, I had bought a tux which I used on both nights. I dress it down a little for semi-formal night, but basicall the same suit. I also took a jacket for Lumiere's, but it turned out to be our formal nights. Though a jacket is not absolutely neccessary, but we like to get dressed up and think its fun on the ship.

Thanks allears! This is our first 7 day and we are excited to get dressed up - don't get the chance vey often. I thought that renting a tux and getting more than one night's use would also save packing space.

I wore a Tux on Formal Night and on the night we went to Palo's

Rence said:
I wore a Tux on Formal Night and on the night we went to Palo's

Same here... Had planned on only wearing it one night, but it came with 2 shirts, so I figured my as well wear it.....

The formal wear company also rents a black and white combo. Two shirts, one pair of pants, a white dinner jacket and the black jacket. I considered this option until I bought a tux this time. Penney's has them on special for $100.00. I also got for $30 a set that included the shirt, cumberbun, tie, studs and cuff links. I couldn't pass it up. I think when I rented the tux from the formal wear company it was $85.00. Though it was nice having it delivered and leaving it there when we left.

My husband wore his rented tux on Monday (Formal Night) to our dinner at Palo as well as on Friday night when we dined at Palo again with friends! :groom:

~ Angie
MommyTo5

My DH ordered the tux package with an extra shirt on our 7-night cruise. He wore it on both formal and semi-formal nights as well as on the night we went to Palo.

He looked wonderful and I'm sure you will, too. There's just something about a man in formalwear... :teeth:

By the way, he did not bring any suit jackets with us. On the other nights he wore a pair of dockers and a polo to dinner. Of course, we were in Lumiere's for formal and semi-formal nights, but there were guys there dressed much less formally.

Does anyone have the website for the place where you rent the tux and they deliver it to your cruise ship?

Thanks.

TiggerInNY
Maria

Mumph39 - thanks a lot. I put the address on my favorites. Enjoy your cruise. Which one are you going on? Please post a trip report when you get back.

Thanks again.

Maria

We are on the Eastern Magic. 2nd Eastern for our family. We did the western 2 years ago. Last year we did the RCCL Explorer and were not nearly as impressed as we were by Disney. The kids begged (I'm talking teens here) to go back on Disney. We are so looking forward to getting back onboard.

I will definitely post a trip report.

Wow....teens want to go back to DCL? That's impressive. What part of the Island are you from? I'm in Westchester, near West Point. Please don't say upstate...we're only 45 minutes to the city.

We're doing the Special Western May 2006. I don't think I could wait that long. I"m a compulsive planner, but this is too long. We're putting an addition on our house this summer, so any BIG vacation is out this year. I'm figuring we're going to need a BIG one after all that. Some family time, ya know. My husband is going to be doing a lot of the work. Wish me luck... :scared1: :worried: I don't have a lot of patience to start off with.

I can't wait to hear about the Western. The only place we don't go that you will is Key West. We go to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and CC twice. I can't wait.

TTFN,
TiggerInNY
Maria :cheer2:

We are in West Islip. Middle of the Island on the south shore. I wouldn't call Westechester upstate. I love the West Point area. Beautiful! My husband drives to Greenwich, CT everyday for work. You wouldn't believe how many people ask him if he takes the ferry to work. (And these are people that live by us!)

Just to clarify, we are on the Eastern. Did the western last year on RCL and once on Disney. We love that itinerary. Cozumel is great. We loved Mr. Sanchos beach. Were there twice. Never a disapointment. You are lucky to be going to Castaway Cay twice. It's my favorite port of call. You will absolutely LOVE your cruise.

We are going with 3 families. The majority of the kids are teens. We have 3 - 14 year olds, 1 - 15 year old and 2 - 17 year olds. And it's the 15 and 17's that want to go back. We also have 4 more in the 7-10 year old range.

Good luck with the house. (Been there, done that) You will REALLY enjoy your vacation afterwards.

Diana

Tell your husband I know Greenwich well. I grew up in Port Chester, just south of Greenwich over the NY border. All the kids from Greenwich used to come over to Port Chester to drink back in the day when drinking age was 18 and the CT bars would close at 2am and the NY bars closed at 4am. Ahh, those were the good old days when I used to be able to stay awake until 4am. hahahaha Seems like a lifetime ago. :rotfl: I used to remember going out for breakfast after that, too. :tilt:

Anyway, I can't wait for the cruise. I'm looking forward to going to CC twice. I've heard so much about it and how some people love going to CC twice, once to do everything and the second time to relax. If I hit the lotto, we could go in 2005...keep dreaming, right?

Have a great weekend and thanks for getting back to me.

TTFN,
TiggerInNY
Maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter