Tuxedo Rental Trouble

working to live

Earning My Ears
I am having difficulty finding a place to rent tuxedos for my 4 & 6 year old boys for the formal night on our May 2006 cruise. Has anyone found a location that rents CHILDRENS tuxedos??
Thanks!
:scared:

I'm afraid I can't help with rental, but have you considered checking ebay? I bought a tux for DS6 for our last cruise and paid $25 total (including shipping). I doubt that I could have rented one for less :) I don't know if you can always find deals that good - but I bet you can pretty much always find them for about $35 or so. The one I bought for my son was being sold by a mother who had bought it for a wedding her son was is (ring bearer). She seemed to just be happy to be getting rid of it and getting something for it.

There also seem to be regular stores that sell them via ebay.

Although I doubt there is much chance DS will wear his tux again at home - it was a great deal for the cruise and it MIGHT still fit him on our next cruise - Jan 2006 since it was a little big (still looked great, but a little extra space) for the last cruise.
IMG_4789_sm.jpg

DS, DH & DF on October 2005 Disney Magic Cruise.

pdarrah

I understand getting a tux for him if you want him to match Dad but don't feel like you HAVE to get a tux. Tux's are the exception rather than the norm.

I too would suggest the ebay way if you don't mind having the extra cloths to pack.

Last year, I was able to get the following for a grand total of $150 (all used stuff, but good contition):
Tux jacket and pants (pants hemmed to my length)
extra pair of pants (again, hemmed to my length)
full vest
bow tie
match half-vest & tie set
two white shirts
two off-white shirts
mandrin collar shirt
cuff links
shoes
collar button (matches cuff links but goes with the mandrin collar)
all shipping charges.

There were several instances where childrens tuxes were even cheaper than mens (because the demand for them is less). The only caviot is that you've got to know what size you're looking for. If you get the size wrong, you're going to be spending extra money on either sending stuff back (if the seller allows it) or buying the same thing a second time. So of the stuff is so cheap that you can get multiple sizes and still come out cheap. As an example, one seller was constantly selling three ivory colored shirts for $5. In shirt sizes, I'm sort of in between sizes and I was able to get the seller to sell me one of each size for $5.

Two of the ebay sellers I worked with and was pleased with were Mike Dante and the Tuxxman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter