• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tutto was like nothing before, truly one of a kind.

pthomasr

Mouseketeer
We have just returned from 6N/7D trip to the world. Such a great time, we ate at several restaurants including Le Cellier, Cape May Cafe, 50'sPrime Time, Les Chefs de France and a few others. All were good (we are quite easy to please) some were great, and then there was king of all Tutto.

We arrived for our ADR a few minutes early and were seating almost right away, it was nice to get off our feet for a while. That was at about 7:45, our ADR was 8:15. Our waitress comes to the table, takes the drink order and comes back just a moment later with out beverages where she then took our meal order.

She walked away, leaving us with various breads and spread. All of the breads were quite hard so I didn't eat any of them. Then, less than two minutes later (literally) she returned with our meals. I was a bit taken aback, I mean, fast food takes longer to arrive.... but anyway.

Long story short- The meal was utter crap, both my friend and I agreed that it was pre-prepared (it had to be) all they had time to do was put it on a plate. I ordered a veal dish. It was like hospital/lunchroom cafeteria food. No flavor, not warm... and a texture that I can only describe as "old".

My friend ordered some sort of stuffed pork chop.. same story.

Then, just moments later came dessert. My friend ordered some sort of gelato. I got the sampler based on the waitresses recommendation of the tiramisu... and oh my gosh....

Never have I had anything so nasty, I had my friend taste it and his words were "Oh dear God, thats offensive" it was so awful, you cant imagine.

Never ever would I return to Tutto, we felt as if the waitress lied to us even, giving her recommendations, she had to be. No one could have thought this was good food. I cant describe how bad it all was. We literally left hungry and had to eat again just a few minutes later.

Hmm. We thought Tutto was one of the best Disney restaurants we ever went to. And we even had some of the same items as you. Different strokes or something. We can't wait to go back there in the future.

I've eaten there once and it's not the greatest place in the universe but I didn't think it was utter crap...I didn't order what you ordered, though, and food is pretty subjective. I'm not rushing to go back but not saying "never again" either.

We were there approx 6 months ago, while I agree the service seemed a bit rushed, the food was outstanding .. 5 diners, 5 different entrees, all were very good

Tutto was not good to me either. We sat outside not having an ADR. That was nice but the food oh my. Olive Garden(not the best) imo runs rings around Tutto. Tutto ta ta.:idea:

Tutto was not good to me either. We sat outside not having an ADR. That was nice but the food oh my. Olive Garden(not the best) imo runs rings around Tutto. Tutto ta ta.:idea:

Same for us, thinking the *badness* was a fluke we even tried it twice. Nope. No fluke. The place is awful IMHO.
I have no idea what people find so great about it unless it's the fact that it's The Popular place at the moment and that alone makes people think the food/service just the best! (shades of LeCellier)
We felt that Tutto is way below even Olive Garden standards. LOL

Same for us, thinking the *badness* was a fluke we even tried it twice. Nope. No fluke. The place is awful IMHO.
I have no idea what people find so great about it unless it's the fact that it's The Popular place at the moment and that alone makes people think the food/service just the best! (shades of LeCellier)
We felt that Tutto is way below even Olive Garden standards. LOL

Sorry I try not to take things personally on the DIS - but I don't think it's appropriate to say that just because someone liked it that they don't know good food or only like it because it's popular.

As TDC Nala said, food is subjective. I consider the Olive Garden pretty bottom of the barrel when it comes to Italian, but our experience at Tutto was nothing like that. I don't tell people that have a bad meal that they don't know what they're talking about.

My family and I ate here in June, and it was one of the best meals of our trip. We were on the deluxe plan (not sure if this would make a difference). Our service was outstanding, and we never felt rushed. In fact, I think we spent close to two hours here. My DH and I both had the salmon, and it was the best salmon I've ever eaten, even better than Artist Point. We always had refills, and the servers were fantastic to DS5 and DD3. This was my third trip here, and each meal was wonderful.

:eek: We have a ressie there next week. Never been there before, infact it is our first ressie ever at Epcot. Tried to get Le Cellier but I have it set in my head that that is going to be a "never". So we are in at Tutto. While Italian is NOT a favorite, it makes me nervous that it could be horrid. However, since we have free dining this time I won't be too disappointed as we will not have wasted any money there.

We ate at Tutto Italia in September and it was the worst meal I have ever had at WDW. I got the "veal" dish, and it was more like over cooked pot roast. I won't be back.

Oh no.. We are set to eat there On the 16th. We are actually looking quite forward to it. We have never been and DH cannot wait to try the Grand Antipasto Misto.

Based on what I have read here... we will not order veal!

Party of eight...strike one--

Party of eleven...strike two--you're out, Tutto!

We also had a pretty bad experience there. Went for dinner in February after reading good reviews. Our entrees were serves in less than 4 minutes after ordering, so obviously not cooked to order. Food was not tasty, mushy, and not even cafeteria-quality. We left there very disappointed.We will never return.

-sigh-

I got the emails to the replies and it just made me relive how nasty it was...

I don't eat fast food, but would rather have Burger King than ever go back there.

ew.

We had a truly wonderful meal there last February, in fact, of one of the best of our trip. But I will say that something I find pretty frustrating on these boards is that people rarely get specific about what they do or don't like and, again, taste in food is so subjective. Restaurants also have off nights/days, too.

Never been there as the menu didn't appeal to me but we had the exact same experiance at chefs de France. The waiter after recommending the duck asked me how it was, I said it was ok (being polite) he said "just ok?" and I said actually it was really bad and tasted like it was thrown in the microwave and cooked because it was rubbery, flavorless and the duck was an unappetizing shade of grey. He didn't say a word, took my plate and left as if he knew it was indeed fresh out of the microwave.

Such a shame, but have to agree with the OP, our experience of it really wasn't good.

It's one thing for a place to serve food in a nano second, another for it to have an off night, another if service is bad, but when a restaurant calls itself an Italian restaurant and then can't even get a simple tomato sauce right for its pasta dish, well it's Tut Tut Tutto, and Tuttybyes, as we'll not be in a rush to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter