Tutto Italia Ristorante? YAY or NAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvin*Livvy

Mouseketeer
We want to do ONE Italian restaurant while we are in WDW.

We are deciding between this and Mama Melrose.

Would you say the food is as good as it was when it was L'Original (or whatever it was called), b/c we LOVED it!

Do you recommend it?
Or should we skip this one?

Thanks!

Well dd19 and I leave for the world on Saturday. We are giving this place a try, too. We'll see!!!

We ate there last month and it was fabulous. It is REAL Italian food...no chicken parm or Olive Garden-ey stuff. Our menu was slightly different than I found here or allears.
We arrived early for our ADR (more than 1/2 hour early actually) and we were seated immediately. Our server was Christina who was adorable and couldn't have been better. I had mussels as an appetizer, lasagna which tasted like my italian grandmother's and a chocolate hazelnut torte for dessert that was to die for. My husband had the spicy meatballs, a braised pork shank and cream puffs with hot chocolate sauce for dessert. We split a reasonably priced bottle of red wine and had a fabulous meal. (BTW my 4 year old son was with us, and he had what became his standard meal for the week..pasta with tomato sauce on the side and ice cream for dessert)
So YES YES YES I would highly recommend it.

For me, I'd give it a whirl on DDP, but I've got good "real Italian" places here in my little home town that are a LOT less expensive.

For me, I'd give it a whirl on DDP, but I've got good "real Italian" places here in my little home town that are a LOT less expensive.

You can pretty much say the same for almost ANY Disney restaurant. I've got better and cheaper Chinese at home, ditto for sushi, Mexican, pretty much the entire World Showcase. And look what Kona Cafe charges for their meals. Or 50's PTC...it's diner food for crying out loud.

Bottom line is that none of that of that means I'm not going to enjoy my meal, and yes, I would recommend Tutto Italia.

Yay! from us DW had the lasanga melted in your mouth, I had the lamp chops they where great.

Yay! from us DW had the lasanga melted in your mouth, I had the lamp chops they where great.

I've heard good things about the 75 watt lamp chops, can you recommend the 100 watt lamp chops?;) :crazy:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I nearly woke everyone sleeping as I laughed out loud...too funny!
thanks for my laugh of the day...now I can get some sleep!

I've heard good things about the 75 watt lamp chops, can you recommend the 100 watt lamp chops?;) :crazy:

Personally, I'd go with Mama Melrose. I felt Tutto Italia was a bit pricey for what you got, and that the food wasn't as good as it should have been. Then again, I may be a bit biased, because I have only been there once, and have gone to Melrose multiple times. Anyway, thats just my 2 cents. :goodvibes

food is much better than alfredo's was, in our opinion. like others have said, more authentic & tasty (pricey, but only 1 TS on the DDP :thumbsup2 )

OMG! I'm crying :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Thank You! I needed that laugh so badly. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard!

I was there in December, and doubt I'll eb back. If you are on the DDP, it IS worth a try. I DO know food as I test recipes for a national cooking publication. I also produce and market meat, eggs and farmstead cheese. With that said, Alfredo's was MUCH better than Tutto and certainly mroe affordable.
I was there December 14 on the Candlelight Processional Package for lunch. We had to wait about 10-15 minutes to be seated. We got a table for 2, and it wasn’t as crowded or as noisy as I had expected from reading previous reviews. The CP package was $41.99 each; for this we got an appetizer, entrée and dessert each. Cocktails were $10 and up, which caught my eye as being high, even by Disney standards.
Our server was Mario, and he could use some tutoring. For the first half of the dining experience, he never acknowledged me. Guess he didn’t know who was paying, huh? He never cracked a smile, ever. In fact, I only ever saw ONE server smile. You’d think THEY were the ones paying for dinner….
We had the appetizer for two and it was good in both quality and variety. If you simply must visit this place, and you aren’t hungry enough to eat a side of beef, two adults could easily make a meal of the appetizer plate + the breads at the table. The breads and olives at the table were very, very good.
For entrees, I had fish and I think Jeanette had chicken, Yes, that’s how memorable it was. The fish was very mild, but well prepared. Again, being a Southern Girl, I’m more partial to Real Fish with Real Taste such as Mud Cat and Carp.
Dessert was unremarkable. I had the chocolate hazel nut torte which was all one “cake” layer and very heavy. It’s wasn’t terrible, it just wasn’t what I wanted. Jeanette had the tiramisu which was a bit odd: it was very fluffy, including the lady fingers, which reminded me more of hostess twinkies. It wasn’t bad, but we agreed the coconut tiramisu at Boma is superior.
During the course of the meal, we had to repeatedly ask for water. We got coffee with dessert and when we ran out, so did Mario. We looked, searched, craned and peered, but no Mario. Finally Jeanette gave up and asked another server who was quick and kind to oblige.
For some reason, it had slipped my mind that the gratuity was not included in the bargain $41.99/person lunch. Unlike France last year where Lisa and I dined and the served mentioned it at least once every 5 minutes. I figured it out quickly enough when the check came. <gasp> LUNCH for two without alcohol AND using the “discounted <cough> CP package was $105 (gratuity included.)

The meal was certainly edible and the setting rather pleasant, but no way was it close to being worth that kind of money. In addition, dear Mario barely earned a 10% tip, not the 18% auto-reward system. Yes, I could have said something to the manager, where ever he/she was, ‘cause we sure never saw them, but I viewed this as a ONE time event, and trust me, it was.

Thanks for the information on Tutto! We always go to Mama's so it's not a factor for us. I pick 1-2 new places each trip and this year's it's Tutto and The Hollywood Brown Derby. no matter how much I love the reviews, we always try everything once to see how our family likes it. We were not a fan of Alfredo's anyway. popcorn:: :surfweb: :cool2: princess:

We ate there on 12-26. It was our favorite meal. Our server was friendly and the food was excellent. My DH had lasagna and I had the veal ravioli. I highly recommend it. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 We will be going back!

Thank Y'all so much for the reviews. DH and I have ADRs for April. Have not tried any of the Italian restaurants in WDW yet so this one will be the first. Thanks again for your reviews.

:thanks:

We just made ADRs for April too. DH loves Italian and being in south AL its not like we are surrounded by more than a couple of mom and pop Italian joints. I'm sure he will enjoy it...I'm just going for the wine and antipasto!

just wanted to add that we are accustomed to excellent italian food (chefs in family, etc) & tutto italia is the closet you will get to "the little italian restaurant that no one knows about", or that certain "famous one in NYC with lines down the street 24/7".
fyi, tony's & mama melrose are not terrible, but more along the lines of an olive garden (which can be satisfying when you just want something simple & filling:) ).

imho, alfredo's had cooks, TI has chefs ~ have a wonderful meal! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter