• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tutto Italia-or other WS TS...

mmtska

I dreamed of a wish and it came true!
Well I couldn't get Le Cellier for dinner (SURPRISE) and although I know I might change for the Candlelight Pro. I booked Tutto Italia instead. So how is it? Is it worth keeping? Or should I try for another WS restaurant? I'm up for anything except from Japan. I've had enough Japanese food to last a lifetime.

I guess we could also try something in Epcot in general. I did manage to get Le Cellier for a lunch later in the week so yay!

Tutto is very good, and I wouldn't hesitate to eat there if you already have an ADR. You'll get all sorts of recommendations, but your best bet is to look over all the menus and see what appeals to you.

we ate there in april and really enjoyed it. it was our first time eating there and found it so good we will be booking it for feb's trip next year. we had a great waitress, she loved my son to pieces. they brought out a basket of different types of bread, super yummy. i could of filled up on that. i had the caprise dish, sorry full name escapes me and found it to be quite good. cant remember what dh had tho. the kids share the kids spaghetti.

We will be eating here for the first time in September. I wasn't sure about this place because we go to many Italian restaurants when we are at home, plus we have an ADR for Tony's Town Square for later on in the week (I know, it probably does not compare so no flames please). However, my DH really thought the menu looked very good so he wanted to change out our Coral Reef ADR for this one, which I am kind of glad in a way because we have already done Coral Reef twice and I would really like to try each country's TS at least once. So, I am really looking forward to hearing more reviews about Tuto and possibly some pics of food too :goodvibes

I really love Tutto Italia, so I don't think you'll go wrong there. With that said, though, part of the fun (for me) of WS is eating at places I wouldn't dream of eating at home...French, German, Norwegian...

If the princesses won't bother you, Norway is excellent. I've never eaten at Les Chefs de France, but I'm dying to try it next time. Germany (Biergarten), is OUTSTANDNG.

But, like I said, Tutto Italia is really-really-really good. It's just that - while an excellent Italian restaurant - it's still Italian, and there are a gazillion Italian restaurants outside of Epcot.

I'm glad to hear good things about Tutto Italia! I'm pretty much good with Italian food in general but this wouldn't be my first choice normally.

I really love Tutto Italia, so I don't think you'll go wrong there. With that said, though, part of the fun (for me) of WS is eating at places I wouldn't dream of eating at home...French, German, Norwegian...

If the princesses won't bother you, Norway is excellent. I've never eaten at Les Chefs de France, but I'm dying to try it next time. Germany (Biergarten), is OUTSTANDNG.

But, like I said, Tutto Italia is really-really-really good. It's just that - while an excellent Italian restaurant - it's still Italian, and there are a gazillion Italian restaurants outside of Epcot.

I have eaten at Akershus and it was delicious! But I promised DH only 1 princess meal and we're trying CRT this time around. Then again he might not get to go so it wouldn't matter-in which case I can't do Biergarten because he'd never forgive me going without him!

We also really like Tutto. It seems a little more upscale ambiance-wise than Le Cellier...also their desserts are better IMO!

We tried it and were not impressed.Wait was too long with an ADR and portions were far smaller than Alfredo's had been.One dessert was described as "minuscule"by the one who ordered it.Service was mediocre and my glass went empty a coupla times.FWIW not one of the 6 longtime AP foodies who dined that night plans to return.YMMV.

One exception was the antipasto platter which is massive and worth the ADR by itself.We are eating at Il Mulino tomorrow night 6/16 instead.

Look at the categorized food pix for ideas on what to expect,it is the single best resource available as food is truly subjective.

Tutto Italia is very good, much better than Le Cellier but its also different food, so it depends on what you are in the mood for. I think its authentic italian, and I live in NYC so I am picky and there is an italian place on every corner. The service is very good/attentive too. We eat here every trip.

My GF and I absolutely LOVE Tutto Italia. We are from Chicago so we've got our fair share of good Italian places. We both believe Tutto would be right at home with some of the better ones here in the city.

Tutto is OK. We have lots of good Italian around here, so we usually make a pass on it when at the World.

How about San Angel Inn? My wife and I have enjoyed several good meals there.

I've not sampled the Biergarten myself, being that my wife is not a fan of german sausage. (Yet she's half German? o_O? )

I know it's not in WS, but what about Coral Reef. We've also enjoyed many good meals there as well.

I ate at Tutto last June and it was very good, however, my favorite in WS is Biergarten! Absolutely delicious!

I've been to Tutto multiple times, and I really like both the food and the atmosphere. I did not think it was as kid-friendly as other Disney restaurants, so I wouldn't take our kids back. But if OP is going without kids, I would definitely recommend it!

I've been to Tutto multiple times, and I really like both the food and the atmosphere. I did not think it was as kid-friendly as other Disney restaurants, so I wouldn't take our kids back. But if OP is going without kids, I would definitely recommend it!

Hmmm...my kids (then 13 and 4) loved it. It was a "nicer" restaurant, but I wouldn't call it kid un-friendly. ;)

We found tutto to be very kid friendly! We went with 3,5 and 9 year olds once, and again a year later, and this year the now-11 year old picked it for his b day dinner. I think you will really enjoy it!

We had lunch there this past February and thought it was fanastic. Easily the second best meal we had on property during our stay (number one was was Cali Grill). The food was very fresh and well prepared. Also, I'm Italian and I cook a lot, so that's saying something, IMHO. :goodvibes The menu is more authentic Italian than Italian-American, so you might want to check it out to make sure it appeals to you. Even though there are plenty of Italian restaurants in my neck of the woods, it is a place I'd go back to.

We also ate at San Angel Inn and hated it. Thought the food tasted very processed and not fresh at all. Ditto for Chef's de France, which was easily one of the worst meals I've ever had in my life (except for the creme brulee).

Beirgarten was great, too!

Service was mediocre and my glass went empty a coupla times.

Last time we ate in Italy was when it was Alfredo and our most lasting impression was "Pop guy". This was a server that came to our table everytime our glasses were anywhere close to empty and filled us up. Our kids still talk about him.:rotfl2:

Since you've never been, you should try TI. You never know, until you try it for yourself. As you can see on this thread, people have different taste. My family would choose Les Chefs de France over any other other Epcot restaurant w/o a doubt. The pp above me said they hated Chefs. :laughing: We didn't care for Tutto Italia at all. I wouldn't mind trying it again & ordering differently, but I'm not beating the doors down to get in. ;) That said, you should go with your 1st choice. If you don't, you'll always wonder if you made a bad decision by switching. At least, I would. The others will be there next time. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter